Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Employee Preview | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Employee Preview

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, it sounds like Goblins and Monsters enter AND exit between MiB / Fear Factor.

The pathway back to the newly-paved area is free-flowing with some temporary restrooms behind MiB, and the house portals on the other side of the road from those. The haunts exit parallel to the tents and dump right by the portals.

Somewhat similar to the setup for the Upper Lot tents at Hollywood (Chucky and Unmasked last year).

Sounds like a HUGE win to me.
This is correct, however walking back to the park there is no clear partition between coming in/exiting out so it’s a bit narrow (just a little wider than leaving the parade houses) with the two crowds. They didn’t have any barricades set up besides the ones blocking vehicle traffic so it’ll be interesting to see if anything changes or if it stays free flow.

I did enjoy getting to do both at once and when walking back at 12:54 to get one more run in, we had enough time to get in and get out by 1:04 so not really that bad of a walk tbh.

Just concerned because the queue didn’t seem to have a visible drain, so wondering how that will work with the storms?

For me, I enjoyed most: Quiet Place, Goblins, Sweets, and we did Museum/Monsters on some of their last sets so I think I like those but I need to do them again. Monstruos just didn’t do it for me in Hollywood last year and felt very similar just slightly different layout. I do like Insidious but it was the first run of the night soooo that was awhile ago so not quite as fresh. I remembered liking that it was in a soundstage, definitely gave it new life. I wanted to like Triplets more after doing Unmasking and while it’s fun, I’m not sure it’s there for me. Slaughter Sinema was another late in the night run and with an effect down and some bad timing, I’m excited to go back and take it all in again. Ghostbusters I zoned out on the movie after binging both quiet places so it was hard to place anything. Some cool effects and others seem to like it but it’s probably going to be Stranger Things for me where I don’t do it much, but maybe it’ll grow on me and maybe I’m misremembering it.

Last edited:

Well that was unexpected. I'm gonna need a movie to know how I feel. Now I'm curious if Hollywood will share the same fate :eyes:

FACADE TIME.... well 3 at least
1000013347.jpg
Spared every expense for their legacy...

1000013346.jpg
Ruined by terrible lighting. Come on. That's not how to showcase a facade. Also could've used a spooky tree or two.

1000013348.jpg
No "Twister" effects... missed opportunity.. give us the flying cow!!!

This + Major Sweets gives us 4 out of 10 facades in "show mode".

Reactions: Ahmanet
coconut club seems really nice. really pretty stuff . I will love to visit it.

this year from. the pics in seeing, the scarezones don't look that great? I tried to root for blumhouse but..... and, the other zones are missing something about them, ( not actors, but something else) are there props missing still?

coconut club seems really nice. really pretty stuff . I will love to visit it.

this year from. the pics in seeing, the scarezones don't look that great? I tried to root for blumhouse but..... and, the other zones are missing something about them, ( not actors, but something else) are there props missing still?

some things I was told: no more stilt walkers in zones drops an element. zones seem smaller -- more 'dead' zones in the park w/ nothing going on than in the past. FnF empties out into the scare zone. The new tents are on elevated land, much higher up than the older tents.

It's only practical to do the new tents back to back as you hike back there by by FFL and then reach both portals, house(s) empty by the portals.

Major sweets has more queue time in the AC than out in open air!

Wait, so since premium night is tomorrow, do we technically get to see houses earlier than Friday? Or is it like TM previews where there isn't recording allowed?

some things I was told: no more stilt walkers in zones drops an element. zones seem smaller -- more 'dead' zones in the park w/ nothing going on than in the past. FnF empties out into the scare zone. The new tents are on elevated land, much higher up than the older tents.

It's only practical to do the new tents back to back as you hike back there by by FFL and then reach both portals, house(s) empty by the portals.

Major sweets has more queue time in the AC than out in open air!
No stilt walkers? Did we know this? What’s the justification here?

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Yes. Believe it’s safety + more stilt roles in houses.
I was wondering if this would happen at some point. Working the scare zones and seeing/hearing about guests who would try to sneak up on them or straight up trying to kick the stilts I'm not surprised. A bummer because they add some good atmosphere in the zones but definitely understandable. I love seeing them in the houses and have had good scares from them so bring on some more!