Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Employee Preview | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Employee Preview

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've always been surprised that I didn't hear of more issues with stilt walkers being pushed. If a stilt walker is pushed/falls.. there's literally no way to brace for that fall. They're smacking hard right into the concrete.

Interested to see where they are in the houses though! Garraka?

Stilt walkers are (supposed to be) trained in how to fall “safely,” even when the fall is unexpected. It’s still dangerous and can result in injury, which is why stilt walkers are paid more in addition to the fact they have a specialized skill. It’s effectively hazard pay.

In Hollywood, every stilt performer has a dedicated PA that follows them when on set to help mitigate the risk of unruly guests trying something. I’m not sure if Orlando ever did that, but they should.

I am disappointed they are pulling stilts from the streets, but I’m also not surprised. Orlando appears to use cheaper stilts that are harder to effectively move in, and the scope and density of the crowds limit what the performers can actually do.

Not a fan lol

All I can think of when I see these are the costumes from the old Rock Odyssey educational film that a teacher fed my 6th grade science class for nightmare fuel many moons ago...

In Hollywood, every stilt performer has a dedicated PA that follows them when on set to help mitigate the risk of unruly guests trying something. I’m not sure if Orlando ever did that, but they should.

Iirc, scare zone actors had PAs in/around the zone, but not always directly with them. An incident happened a few years ago (maybe Vikings? I can't recall what year.) when I witnessed a Central Park stilt walker just outside the zone being harassed by young attendees. The actor had to go notify someone at that small staff area between there & Hollywood Blvd., who then came over with security to boot the kids. Was really difficult and sad to watch.