Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Merchandise | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not trying to complain/start something here, but I haven't seen those massive merch checkout lines at the main Universal/Tribute store like in years' past. They have the same number of registers as always, so not sure if people are just avoiding it this year or purchasing less.

Not trying to complain/start something here, but I haven't seen those massive merch checkout lines at the main Universal/Tribute store like in years' past. They have the same number of registers as always, so not sure if people are just avoiding it this year or purchasing less.
I don’t think merch is attracting much interest.

Last edited:
Definitely, for a variety of reasons. Just a lot of factors in play this year with questionable design choices, economic factors and pricing.

I know theme park stuff is expensive... but $95 for that Ghostbusters jacket is wild. The garage sale is going to be amazing!

Definitely, for a variety of reasons. Just a lot of factors in play this year with questionable design choices, economic factors and pricing.

I know theme park stuff is expensive... but $95 for that Ghostbusters jacket is wild. The garage sale is going to be amazing!
Hopefully they don’t draw the wrong lessons from this… they need better designs.

As for IPs, it’s just very odd they couldn’t nab one of the 80s slashers. I know the rights for Friday are a mess and they just did Chucky, but those properties seem to move merch.

As for IPs, it’s just very odd they couldn’t nab one of the 80s slashers. I know the rights for Friday are a mess and they just did Chucky, but those properties seem to move merch.
It certainly does in Hollywood. It’s astounding the number of people who show up to the event in Chucky gear around here.

Reactions: Casper Gutman

if only it was in hollywood
at least I got while it was in the movie theater

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I’m glad.
I feel like they have finally hit the ceiling on what they can get away with. Good merch and high prices? Sure, but only because of its quality and design.
Bad merch and even higher prices? No deal.

I hope it’s a wake up call and they realize that they can’t just stick these designs on fabric with the notion “It’s HHN, everyone will love it and buy it.”
Sorry not this time.

Eat Humble Pie and try again next time.