Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't like the sound of that. I'm making assumptions of how it works, but if there aren't 120min lines for some houses, that means all those people that were in line, will now have return times and will all be clogging the streets even more.

It's so hard to get around many nights as it is, having people not have to wait in long lines is just going to make the streets and food/drink lines that much crazier if people are just killing time until it's their turn. Or they'll be going to houses with short lines and making those lines longer so everything will have hour long lines.

I hope I'm just overreacting to something I don't completely understand.
AAP means Attraction Assistance Pass.

So only 2 locations instead of 10, way to create bigger bottlenecks. It was never that bad at house portals, this sounds bad.
It was bad if you payed for express
Definitely a better change, only modification I'd make is to allow them the opportunity to "stack" 2 houses. At the moment, I believe there's one at MIB and near Villain-Con. Great locations, but can be a bit of a walk for some.
I think one is fine. It’s kinda like a “Tapu Tapu” at VB.
So only 2 locations instead of 10, way to create bigger bottlenecks. It was never that bad at house portals, this sounds bad.
I think we will see more then 2 Friday and last night was just a test.

I disagree.
used the pass and used express 10 nights without it, the entire park is congested, deal.
I mean, you can feel inconvenienced and think this new solution needs tweaks, but the old method was objectively a real issue for queue & crowd control. Just because it went well for you, a forum using superfan who knows their stuff, doesn't mean normal parkgoers weren't causing some big delays, bottlenecks, and general headaches.

I mean, you can feel inconvenienced and think this new solution needs tweaks, but the old method was objectively a real issue for queue & crowd control. Just because it went well for you, a forum using superfan who knows their stuff, doesn't mean normal parkgoers weren't causing some big delays, bottlenecks, and general headaches.
OK, drink carts by bathrooms are much more of a crowding issue. Do I want them gone, no. Also I pay for express as well and it never impacted my express experience. Until 2 years ago I didn't know what an AAP was and never noticed it

It's 1 night for me, done talking. Sorry, I'll deal.

Somewhat interesting that they've reduced the number of savory dining options from 30 last year to 22 this year.

Pretty ballsy move by Universal to serve Fish n' Chip "nuggets" for $16.99 when you can spend one more dollar on a full plate of Fish 'n Chips at the Leaky Cauldron.

I think one is fine. It’s kinda like a “Tapu Tapu” at VB.
The issue is all the walking and how far spread out they are from the house entrances guests will have to make. Hopefully next year, in prep for Epic, they can install an in-app feature to reduce the need for a paper handwritten card.

I made a joke, yet somewhat serious, last year that they needed to start installing queues at house portals just for AAP return times.

Reactions: SeventyOne
OK, drink carts by bathrooms are much more of a crowding issue. Do I want them gone, no. Also I pay for express as well and it never impacted my express experience. Until 2 years ago I didn't know what an AAP was and never noticed it.
Good for you. However, that’s not the case for everyone. The issue is there. Not for every time, but it is there. I’ve dealt with it.

Reactions: theuberguberman
OK, drink carts by bathrooms are much more of a crowding issue. Do I want them gone, no. Also I pay for express as well and it never impacted my express experience. Until 2 years ago I didn't know what an AAP was and never noticed it.
Just because you don't want crowding issues resolved doesn't mean others don't. It's one of the biggest repeated complaints about the event. Most of us want actual solutions to improve things.

Again, just because you personally never experienced something doesn't mean it isn't an issue for others. I've dealt with these issues on plenty of occasions on both the guest and operations side of things. Your experience isn't the only one.

Like I said, there's literally nothing wrong with thinking this isn't a perfect solution, but it also isn't an all or nothing situation. There is a problem and it's encouraging to see some type of progress on it finally. I am sorry that it's directly impacting how you experience the event though and hope that they continue to make tweaks and make it even better than before for both AAP users and regular day (night?) guests.

Last edited: