Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
gross elvira mistress of the dark GIF

Neither need to be used again, especially last year's delivery from WISH..

As for the Clown... he has literally made appearances at the event 10 times out of the the past 22 years!!! (skipping 2020) 5 of those times as the main icon (2000, 2001, 2007, 2015, 2021), 1 as a shared icon (2006), 1 as a sub icon (2010), the other 3 times were cameos via house (2004/2005)/limited SZ (2009)

Lets try to encourage fresh blood into the event. They FINALLY cast Eddie correctly, could give him his proper unassociated with Jack debut! (If they were willing to toss established lore out the window last year, no point sticking with it). Hell, The Pumpkin Lord was basically an unofficial icon with Lil Boo as his sidekick (thanks to the fans positive response). "Borrow" some of Singapore's icons (last year's event already dumpster dived from their past events)

Lets try to encourage fresh blood into the event. They FINALLY cast Eddie correctly, could give him his proper unassociated with Jack debut!
Kinda counterintuitive to say "let's try to encourage fresh blood into the event" while also suggesting they should bring back an old character from the HHN lore as an icon... lol. I just want new original icons honestly, preferably female ones!!!! The last female icon we had was Chance and that was like 7 years ago!!! :sob:

Kinda counterintuitive to say "let's try to encourage fresh blood into the event" while also suggesting they should bring back an old character from the HHN lore as an icon
Not counterintuitive, just if they're going to dive down that rabbit hole, might as well do it with one that never got their time (and had a positive response). I'd rather they not.

I just want new original icons honestly, preferably female ones!!!!
Cindy got scrapped twice. You would've had Terra Queen's triumphant return had the Clown not taken over for the 30th. Chance was poorly utilized unfortunately, same with Lady Luck.

There was a scrapped fairytale "Evil Queen" concept for 2008, before Bloody Mary became a thing. Could revive that. But yes, they do lack in the female icon department.

Still don’t know the details. It wasn’t expected though.

I know this is way late to the discussion, but mystiquephreeq had such a huge impact on me back when I was on HHN Nightmares.

I always tried really hard to understand and decipher clues and I never was able to get it right. There were a bunch of clues that she handheld me through, pushing and prodding until I got the hang of it. I'm still not very good at it, but you did a clue with Detective Babylegs way back for Dead Exposure: Patient Zero. Following the guidance she gave me I was able to figure it out. First, and pretty sure only time, I ever cracked one of your clues. That same year (I just looked back and checked) she guided the spec discussion through a clue you made for Scary Tales, and went into a lot of detail on the Oz books. It got me really into it because I didn't know anything about Oz outside the movie. I read a bunch about it, and just saw Wicked this past year because of it (I had wanted to go since learning all about it).

I had no idea what had happened to her or that she had passed. I didn't know her at all outside her username mystiquephreeq, but had always been just so thankful that someone had been really patient and helpful with me. To this day I still think about her help from time to time when guiding someone through something they're entirely lost on.

Rest in peace.

If I may propose an IP to speculate about:

Not only does this look genuinely creepy, but all 3 chapters of this trilogy are set to release this year. The Strangers has been a requested IP from fans for a long time now, and got a house in Hollywood in 2008, so there is a bit of history already.

I’ve been speculating about it since last year I’m a big fan of the franchise. Not to mention a recent clip that made me wince was released.

The Strangers has been a requested IP from fans for a long time now, and got a house in Hollywood in 2008, so there is a bit of history already.
Small correction: The Strangers were included in the existing "House of Horrors" attraction, not a full blown house of their own. They also had an extra-mini SZ..

The Strangers were featured the following year at HHN Orlando in 2009. They could be found in the Horrorwood Die-In SZ & they also had a scene in Silver Screams.

So the history exists on both coasts.

Small correction: The Strangers were included in the existing "House of Horrors" attraction, not a full blown house of their own. They also had an extra-mini SZ..

The Strangers were featured the following year at HHN Orlando in 2009. They could be found in the Horrorwood Die-In SZ & they also had a scene in Silver Screams.

So the history exists on both coasts.
Thank you, and I completely forgot not only that, but they were also featured in the Double Feature SZ in 2015, so there's even a bit more history!

Reactions: Blysthon
With "A Quiet Place" being a generally bad idea when it comes to executing the story and scare tactics in a conga line-style house, it would be easy enough to pull the Joels used last year for John Krasinski and some of the local princess face character performers for Emily Blunt's character. While overall the concept would require a lot of finessing in order to replicate film vibes, the main challenge would probably be the central conceit of the kids. Either you do it like Poltergeist and have them as mannequins or like the Exorcist and have them played by young actors. I feel that most of the fear in the film comes from the peril the kids are put in, and leaving them out renders a large part of the story untellable.

With "A Quiet Place" being a generally bad idea when it comes to executing the story and scare tactics in a conga line-style house, it would be easy enough to pull the Joels used last year for John Krasinski and some of the local princess face character performers for Emily Blunt's character. While overall the concept would require a lot of finessing in order to replicate film vibes, the main challenge would probably be the central conceit of the kids. Either you do it like Poltergeist and have them as mannequins or like the Exorcist and have them played by young actors. I feel that most of the fear in the film comes from the peril the kids are put in, and leaving them out renders a large part of the story untellable.
I’d say that it would more likely be based on A Quiet Place: Day One (the prequel that’s coming out this year).

That looks to be a lot more action focused than the previous entries and probably more appropriate for a typical HHN house

Rix Flix had a house rumor in one of his recent videos , he does sometimes get good rumors just from walking around the park as often as he does.

Was UCM related ...

Well.... UCM isn't so much a rumor as it is expected to be part of the line-up lol
(like they should've been every year in some capacity due to the studio's legacy ......BUT that's why we're getting a land devoted to them)

Reactions: londonwerecat