Happily Ever After | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Happily Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My biggest problem is I'm worried they will do what they did to Star Wars and take away most of the fireworks and use the projection mapping to fill in the rest of the show and they don't need that considering they already have a show with only projection and no fireworks.
This is my worry only worry as well. From what i'm hearing it will still be a fireworks heavy show. The show will be 18 minutes as opposed to Wishes 12 minutes.

Happily Ever After Fireworks Show at Magic Kingdom | Walt Disney World Resort

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
Here's some of the details from the website I linked to above:

Gather ‘round Cinderella Castle for an awe-inspiring show that’s sure to surprise and delight.

The Stories
Happily Ever After starts with a dream… and takes you on an unforgettable journey that captures the heart, humor and heroism of many favorite Disney animated films, including:

• Aladdin
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave
  • Frozen
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • The Incredibles
  • The Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana
  • Mulan
  • Tarzan
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Toy Story
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
Come experience the magic of these beloved movies firsthand—and be inspired to find your own happily ever after.

Show Features & Special Effects
This 18-minute show features more lasers, lights and projections than any other fireworks spectacular in the history of Magic Kingdom park!

Throughout Happily Ever After, you’ll witness the many transformations of Cinderella Castle as it becomes a part of popular Disney stories—and is brought to life by:

• Awe-inspiring fireworks and rooftop pyro
  • Supportive state-of-the-art projections
  • Brilliant lasers and immersive lighting
  • A stirring score featuring contemporary versions of popular Disney songs
It all comes together in a dazzling way—for a fantastical finale to your day at Magic Kingdom park.

Know Before You Go

• Be sure to check the Times Guide at Magic Kingdom park for the schedule and showtimes.
  • This is an outdoor show and subject to cancellation due to inclement weather.
  • Showtimes are subject to change.
Here's the most concerning wording imo:
This 18-minute show features more lasers, lights and projections than any other fireworks spectacular in the history of Magic Kingdom park!

Basically what that sentence tells me is it will use less fireworks than any other fireworks show in MK history, so that's a bit concerning considering this is 6 minutes longer than Wishes. Maybe i'm just being too pessimistic based on Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and SW: Galactic Spectacular, but those shows have definitely reduced fireworks usage in favor of projections and lasers.

Nothing about that concerns me at all. If you've seen other Disney fireworks, they're a fantastic blend of projection, pyro and other effects. I doubt there would be significantly less fireworks. It's more than likely just spread throughout the show.

Basically what that sentence tells me is it will use less fireworks than any other fireworks show in MK history, so that's a bit concerning considering this is 6 minutes longer than Wishes. Maybe i'm just being too pessimistic based on Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and SW: Galactic Spectacular, but those shows have definitely reduced fireworks usage in favor of projections and lasers.
Well I watch Shanghai and Paris' shows and I think there is a huge lack of pyro...Then I watch Disneyland's 60th or even Magical! and I think there is an ample amount

It is really a toss up

I don't read it the same way because of two sentences following that:
  • Awe-inspiring fireworks and rooftop pyro
  • Supportive state-of-the-art projections
"Supportive", I think, is the key here. Also, "awe-inspiring" is a good hint too.

Reactions: Nick
This is a cost savings measure. You're combining the projection show with some fireworks. From what I'm hearing the amount of shells has been reduced for the new show.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That's the old one from a while ago, but they still do the New Year's version of Fantasy in the Sky on New Year's Eve and the day before.
The soundtrack for it is amazing. I haven't been to MK since May 2016 and I haven't been to a MK firework show since I was 10.

The new show will have about the same amount as Wishes. The show will seem as having a less amount of shells because of it's longer length, even thought it will have about the same as Wishes.

And it should be the same type of lurk they have always used as its the same old system.

Reactions: Joel
The new show will have about the same amount as Wishes. The show will seem as having a less amount of shells because of it's longer length, even thought it will have about the same as Wishes.

And it should be the same type of lurk they have always used as its the same old system.
Ah, but a show that is 6 minutes longer should naturally have more shells, no? I fear the show won't fear "full enough" and there will be large sections of just projections.

Like all of their recent shows, this will be projections along with fireworks. That could easily pad the extra 6 minutes with the same number of shells. That will also make it less enjoyable from resorts.

Like all of their recent shows, this will be projections along with fireworks. That could easily pad the extra 6 minutes with the same number of shells. That will also make it less enjoyable from resorts.
Obviously it will make it less enjoyable. An extra 6 minutes and the same amount or less number of shells? That's an awful lot of projections and time in between fireworks.

There's been projection shows for years that are 10-15 minutes long and have no pyro. A reimagined show could definitely balance 6 extra minutes of a mix of projection and pyro.

This is a cost saving measure. Instead of having the crowd control cast members with the blue lights for a Parade, a Projections show and a Fireworks show. They now will just have one nightly show. With less pyro. And from what I've been told the bigger shells have been cut also. This is going to save on labor and product. Giving guests less value for a higher price! The Disney way.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is a cost saving measure. Instead of having the crowd control cast members with the blue lights for a Parade, a Projections show and a Fireworks show. They now will just have one nightly show. With less pyro. And from what I've been told the bigger shells have been cut also. This is going to save on labor and product. Giving guests less value for a higher price! The Disney way.
Once Upon A Time will still perform along with Happily Ever After... hence why they named the show what they did.

I do agree that this is a cost saving move to fire off less fireworks, but there will still be a projection show before (and possibly after depending how busy it is).

Love that quote. "Giving guests less value for a higher price! The Disney way."...:ears: :lmao: