Hard Rock Hotel On-site Parking | Inside Universal Forums

Hard Rock Hotel On-site Parking

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2013
Hi!

I had a hard time finding one thread devoted to the Hard Rock Hotel, so hopefully it's okay to post this question here.
So, I have a question about parking while staying on site at Hard Rock. This is my first time driving to Universal, staying on site, so I was wondering if there was any discounts/ways around the the parking fees of staying on site? My boyfriend (jh32488) and I both have annual passes, his being premier, and I thought there might be some ways around paying the parking fee? Or maybe some other options?

I just thought I'd ask and see what other people were doing about this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi!

I had a hard time finding one thread devoted to the Hard Rock Hotel, so hopefully it's okay to post this question here.
So, I have a question about parking while staying on site at Hard Rock. This is my first time driving to Universal, staying on site, so I was wondering if there was any discounts/ways around the the parking fees of staying on site? My boyfriend (jh32488) and I both have annual passes, his being premier, and I thought there might be some ways around paying the parking fee? Or maybe some other options?

I just thought I'd ask and see what other people were doing about this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Many of have been searching for the holy grail of free parking while staying onsite and unfortunately there really isn't any way around it. Usually when I plan trips and decide where im staying I take into account that fee and build it into my price per night. Even with the fee its not as expensive as some of the Disney resort even if they offer free parking

Many of have been searching for the holy grail of free parking while staying onsite and unfortunately there really isn't any way around it. Usually when I plan trips and decide where im staying I take into account that fee and build it into my price per night. Even with the fee its not as expensive as some of the Disney resort even if they offer free parking

that's kind of what I figured. thanks anyway!

that's kind of what I figured. thanks anyway!

Not a problem.

This might be something worth checking out also, if you sign up for the Hard Rock VIP club thingy you get free access to the gym as well as some other perks like first priority seating at the Cafe (which that alone has come in handy and has been worth the $25 fee for me, welcome gift in your room as well as a free room upgrade if available and you earn points for free money with each use.

https://members.hardrock.com/rewards-benefits

Reactions: natespf
I believe the Hard Rock VIP also gives you free Wifi when you stay on property. If you need Wifi, that alone will pay for the card. I think the Hard Rock Parking is $17 a night. Have fun!

My latest reservation for RPR says $18 a night. The only other option to avoid the parking fee is you could not drive?

Or park in satellite ($10) parking at the airport and take a bus or cab to the hard rock. Hockey probably has it right to think of it as part of the room price and call it a day.

i've been throwing around the idea of parking at walgreens across the street and moving the car around that lot each day. hoping someone would assume its an employee of walgreens or burger king.

my employee friend was going to see about getting a pass so he could park my car at gate 2 but that didn't work out.

$18 a day and we're staying for 3 nights so thats 4 days of parking so thats $72+tax. its worth finding a way around.

even disney has a work around for paying to park at the parks (FYI: park at downtown disney then bus to a resort then monorail or bus to the park)

I believe the Hard Rock VIP also gives you free Wifi when you stay on property. If you need Wifi, that alone will pay for the card. I think the Hard Rock Parking is $17 a night. Have fun!

I don't know if it changes... but an employee gave us a general access password for the WiFi when we were there. It's HENDRIX.

i've been throwing around the idea of parking at walgreens across the street and moving the car around that lot each day. hoping someone would assume its an employee of walgreens or burger king.

They tow. Had a friend find out the hard way. Dropped their car off really quick to run to Citywalk, planned on moving it and it got towed within 40 minutes.

If you have free parking can you just leave it at the park garage? Maybe VIP park garage since that one seems to stay the same?

You can leave you car in the garage over night. My friends and I have done it. We would meet at the park in different cars, but for nights when we are drinking (i.e. HHN) we'd have a Designated driver take us back to our hotel or what have you and we'd pick the other cars up in the morning. We asked security and they said its fine for reasons such as that. But I do believe they go around early in the morning and take note of the cars there so you can't keep them there for a couple days. So if you're fine with going through parking everyday I don't see why it wouldn't work.

^ They do take copious notes. They even keep a schedule of where they were parking people at any precise time of day. I have had to use that service twice. :inquisitive:

I left my car overnight in the garage one time after a night of drinking at City Walk. The parking attendant told me not to worry about it.

Stayed in a friends room at Portofino then walked back to the garage the next morning. It was just my car and one other car in that section of the garage when I got there :lol:

You really just have to consider the charge as part of you room rate. There are sneaky ways to avoid the parking charge while still using their lot, but I can't condone such actions.

Last edited:

my employee friend was going to see about getting a pass so he could park my car at gate 2 but that didn't work out.

$18 a day and we're staying for 3 nights so thats 4 days of parking so thats $72+tax. its worth finding a way around.

even disney has a work around for paying to park at the parks (FYI: park at downtown disney then bus to a resort then monorail or bus to the park)

Parking fees are charged at midnight, so you will only pay for 3 nights, as long as you leave before midnight on day of check out. You can simply ask when checking in to wavie the parking fee(nicely)It has worked for me many times.(even when they say they can't,they did .)

Does anyone know if there is in-room FREE internet access? A few years ago I signed up for an All-Access card which gave me the free access.
Is HR VIP required?

We broke open an extra piggy bank and have reservations for the 7th/Club Level in a couple of weeks... wonder if they give you free in-room internet up there???

Does anyone know if there is in-room FREE internet access? A few years ago I signed up for an All-Access card which gave me the free access.
Is HR VIP required?

We broke open an extra piggy bank and have reservations for the 7th/Club Level in a couple of weeks... wonder if they give you free in-room internet up there???

Try HENDRIX. It worked for us. It seemed to have been on a timer.. so they may change the password every few weeks.

How would the Walgreens know that quickly to tow a car? What if you're inside the Walgreens for 40 minutes getting prescriptions and stuff, lol. That sounds like they're actively watching the lot to see if you go inside or cross the street.