Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The load area looks impressive... the great hall will serve its purpose.

Why is it that UC keeps ending up with the worst CGI and compositing ever executed? Is it that WB doesn't want it to look as good as their movies? FJ and now these both look more like old computer games.

Sorry to be so doggy downer.

On another note: There will be a real dragon AA during the ride, however, there will be NO real fire effects. I have no idea if the dragon in the picture is the AA or a projection.

I really noticed the CGI issue when the few seconds of HE footage came out. But given EFG has 4K projection (I don't know about HE, I assume the same) might it be that this is more a conscious art style decision rather than inability to produce quality? I could understand the issue in the context of FJ because the actual projection quality wasn't up to much anyway, but surely here if they wanted photorealism they could have it. I'm inclined to think that completely photorealistic footage might look unnatural in a consciously 'fake' environment. I might be wrong though, I don't know, are there any similar style attractions anywhere which use film-quality footage? Another factor may simply be cost. ILM-standard full environment VFX costs $$$...

Glad to hear about the dragon. Having spent today looking at it, I personally am of the opinion that the dragon photo released today is projected. Again, could be wrong but that's what I think currently.

That was not the final footage.

Aslo, I really fail to see what's wrong with anything we see in these pictures. *shrug*

It's more evident in the movement than the still images. Particular case in point is the armoured troll scene here:

[video=youtube_share;77MXfrG0EiI]http://youtu.be/77MXfrG0EiI[/video]

Now this really doesn't look final; I hope it isn't. And I really don't mean to seem negative, it's just curiously anachronistic given the extraordinary effort put into everything else.

The ride looks incredible! I think the combination of projection effects on top of physical sets will look great, and I love the large scale of everything.

Regarding the dragon statue on top of Gringott's, the latest description says "Marvel at the 60-foot, fire-breathing Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon atop Gringotts Wizarding Bank"...does this mean the dragon statue is 60' long from head to tail? Or just 60' high off the ground? It sounds like false advertising, I don't think the actual dragon itself is 60 feet tall!

find it interesting that they describe the ride as a "family" ride..even with a 42 inch height restriction. Have a feeling this will be a lot tamer then I was initially expecting. Possibly due to quite a few guests that feel FJ may be too intense.

Musion and 3d shots very rarely look right without the proper display there. I also believe that the trolls is a late stage rendering to make sure that they are on the right track. The shadows are very hard and the lighting doesn't look to be a high intensity render. Of course I could be wrong.

Looks like a gamechanger to me. I'd completely forgotten many of the individual elements, and the sheer ambition of it.

I'll be intrigued to see how they work the requirement for 3D glasses into the mythology of the ride.

Looks like a gamechanger to me. I'd completely forgotten many of the individual elements, and the sheer ambition of it.

I'll be intrigued to see how they work the requirement for 3D glasses into the mythology of the ride.

Old caves and possible falling debris would be my guess.

The photo of the two large openings with Bellatrix looks like it might be from the first scene? Here's the description from the TPI description:

"Scene 1. In this scene, you'll face a brick wall, with two tunnel entrances, to the left and right. You're really facing a 3D screen, though, and here's where it all starts to go terribly wrong. Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort appear, cursing you and declaring that you'll never emerge from the vaults alive. Actuators will make your car bump up and down before the track below the first of the twin cars will drop, coming to rest at a 40-degree angle. Then, the track under the trailing car will begin to rise, matching the 40-degree angle of the leading car. Within a moment, the car then drops 70-80 feet into the tunnel"

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Jesus. Chills looking over this stuff. The amount of detail is just unbelievable. This is the direction Universal should be going in, and the direction the industry will have to catch up with.

I can only imagine what Kong is going to be like. So happy and excited for Universal.

I'm drooling over here. I knew this ride was going to be great. I did not think it would look that great. The ride vehicle looks incredible. The seats look really comfortable. One concern is that seats like that will be destroyed by guests. I'm sure Uni will keep them maintained. Can't wait to ride it.

Dead. I wish the bank lobby would always look like that but I'm betting on loads of switch backs.

I may be remembering this wrong, but I thought Hate said we walk past it in a sense, like we enter from one door on one side, follow a single path, and out a door directly across from it. I may have just invented that in my head.

I may be remembering this wrong, but I thought Hate said we walk past it in a sense, like we enter from one door on one side, follow a single path, and out a door directly across from it. I may have just invented that in my head.

I believe that's to go to the outdoor queue. You'll walk right past the lobby and go to the outdoor switchbacks. You'll eventually go inside the lobby, if I recall correctly.

I believe that's to go to the outdoor queue. You'll walk right past the lobby and go to the outdoor switchbacks. You'll eventually go inside the lobby, if I recall correctly.

I thought I read the queue for this was all indoors?