Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The merge point at the goggles is definitely no fun if they're not paying attention and keep sending people "down" when the line stops moving. The people on the left who walk along the entire goggle wall are at a disadvantage, and you can easily get behind several loads of people from the right elevator. When I was there on Sunday they appeared to be staggering the elevators and delaying them as necessary but that is not always the case in my experience. I'm just not a fan of unregulated people funnels in general.

I'm not a fan of the merge either. It is a jumble. I agree the right side elevator has the advantage.

The right side elevator is supposed to open before the left one because the people loaded into the right one were in front of the left elevator people before the pre show.

I love September. 30 minute posted wait, walked right into Bill Weasely's office with nary a pause. Single rider line was open and empty (empty!), so I walked off the ride and directly back to the loading platform for a second ride.

I love September. 30 minute posted wait, walked right into Bill Weasely's office with nary a pause. Single rider line was open and empty (empty!), so I walked off the ride and directly back to the loading platform for a second ride.

I'm hoping it's like that tomorrow! What time of day was the 30 min wait at?

The shorter waits are due to off season crowds and increased capacity. No more three digit capacities! Huzzah!

Thank God. I was worried about visiting this weekend. I hope the breakdowns are much more minimal as well. What a rough Summer this poor ride has had. :lol:

This is all sounds great! We have 4 more days until we arrive!!:happy:
Leaving tonight. We'll see you next week. Looks like some nice wait times with the much lower crowd levels. Fingers crossed on the weather. Cardinals sure kicked the Pirates to the curb this week.

Was there as well yesterday, my daughter got to open the park so we were about the first on Gringotts, lol ... but the ride immediately broke down on the first screen, wen through the drop and coaster portion, then were stuck in front of the first screen for 10 minutes or so, then the ride worked again, but we were stuck just after the final screen for another 10 minutes or so. We were given a return ticket which we used a little later on, ride was running smooth again, immediately decided to go again since the posted wait time was 30 minutes, but in reality it was almost walk on. There was a 5 minute breakdown just before we got on the RV, but then it worked great when we rode it.

I think it was said once that except for the launch the ride is entirely tire driven but I don't think this is correct, pretty sure I saw LSM's on the teeter-totter.

I think it was said once that except for the launch the ride is entirely tire driven but I don't think this is correct, pretty sure I saw LSM's on the teeter-totter.

The launch is tires as well. Perhaps what you saw on the drop track was brakes to hold the coaster in place while it's tilting.

The launch is tires as well. Perhaps what you saw on the drop track was brakes to hold the coaster in place while it's tilting.

You sure, I thought the launch was LSM like Mummy?

Could be that they were magnetic brakes I saw, since they would probably look very similar to LSM's.

In any case, I real like how smooth the motion is!

You sure, I thought the launch was LSM like Mummy?

Could be that they were magnetic brakes I saw, since they would probably look very similar to LSM's.

In any case, I real like how smooth the motion is!

I could have sworn it was LIM launch and breaking..could be wrong, but it has that distinct LIM sound when you are on the ride

There is a electrical buzzing sound exiting and entering the station but I believe that is from the track switches. Only other thing I can think of is the electrical motors that spin the cars.

The ride is entirely propelled by drive tires on the track, even the launches. The reason they sound like LIMs/LSMs is because they are in fact motors, and motors use electromagnets.

The high-pitched whining noise you hear is a side-effect of the drive tires Intamin uses.

The ride is entirely propelled by drive tires on the track, even the launches. The reason they sound like LIMs/LSMs is because they are in fact motors, and motors use electromagnets.

The high-pitched whining noise you hear is a side-effect of the drive tires Intamin uses.

I see..the screech sounded like a LIM screech, but that certainly makes sense

It actually makes sense to use tires, since LSM's and LIM's would probably complicate a complicated ride even more.
So what appears to be LSM's on the track must be magnetic brakes then.

Is the tire system they use similar to the Hulk's?