Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The wall on the Betty Boop end was moved in from the street yesterday. That looked like it was ready to go but the Hello Kitty end still had work to be done on the facade so unless they were able to do it all I think that should still be a few more days.

I expected the exterior to be a bit more gaudy for Hello Kitty but the paint job actually looks really tasteful.

Reactions: Cole
So...friggin....pink!!!!
Yeah I'm so glad they didn't go all out on the exterior, it would make production central even uglier. Also I don't know if this was answered before but is kitty the only character that will be available for a meet and greet?

So...friggin....pink!!!!
Yeah I'm so glad they didn't go all out on the exterior, it would make production central even uglier. Also I don't know if this was answered before but is kitty the only character that will be available for a meet and greet?

All we've been given:

The Hello Kitty stores at Universal Studios will also offer enhanced interactive retail experiences, as well as custom designed merchandise, enjoy photo opportunities with Sanrio properties, create souvenir versions of Hello Kitty’s signature bow, and a Hello Kitty Meet & Greet.

It would seem, based on the phrasing, Hello Kitty may be the permanent M&G but they could alternate who else will be there to take pics with her.

Reactions: Cole
Pink, pink, and more pink. I think this will do the job and appeal to the Princess crowd. I just hope Universal doesn't go down the path of trying to appeal to that crowd in a ride. :lol: Sorry, not into the pink thing.

Disappointed in this. No meet & greet location in it, and it appears that the most "interactive" aspect of the shop is the cash register.

Just wlked through to see what they did, plywood cutouts and paint. Saw another thread and tweet about how the budget got cut.

Not my thing but maybe they will sell enough to keep it open, They didn't make any money off of Lucy

Just wlked through to see what they did, plywood cutouts and paint. Saw another thread and tweet about how the budget got cut.

Not my thing but maybe they will sell enough to keep it open, They didn't make any money off of Lucy

No matter what the store looked like, it will make money. I don't think there was any questions about that.

Now it is interesting how long it took them to do this if it truly is cheaply made. Maybe changes is what slowed it down? Now it opened in time for Spring Break, so I don't think the slowness caused that many issues with lost money, but still interesting. Also, why would they spend a ton of money on a shop that would make money if it just had walls and shelves of Hello Kitty Merch? I don't think it needs a ton of money for that.

I didn't really have expectations for this, but I'm not terribly impressed. It has a very Despicable Me / Simpsons gift shop feel to it. I think those shops are remnants of an older Universal that built lightly themed shops. It doesn't look Potter level or even Spongebob level (what I was assuming to see).

I'm also assuming the interactivity will come later, since this is in soft opening right now. Wasn't that the huge selling point of this store?