Hello Kitty Store USF (CLOSED) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Store USF (CLOSED)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As everybody said before this is great. Not only because there is barely anything specifically for little girls at the park and it's just another fun property coming to uni. I'm all for it. Also please for the love of god, no bronies

Reactions: SeventyOne
I didn't get any pics, but the outside of the building is starting to receive more obvious changes such as a new paint scheme (although its not a drastic change).

When is this supposed to open? When we were there on Sunday someone said that it's supposed to open at the end of this week. It doesn't look ready though.

Good to see Betty Boop will be back in the store. MY GF buys lots of stuff in there. Plus those girls that play the role are really cute. And they're still at IOA I presume.

Really? I would send her off to boarding and comportment school. Those people are nuts! :look:

Wait, they did that to Kate Winslet in Titanic... and it didn't work out so well. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Please feel free to file this under 'A Disney bus driver confirmed to me...', but my wife and I had a lovely long chat with a staff member outside of this place today, who stated that he will be working at the new HK store when it opens. He said that they are on course to open in March and it will be Betty Boop on one side, Hello Kitty on the other and in the centre (this was news to me, at least) there will be a sweet/pastry store selling custom Hello Kitty cakes and treats.

Please feel free to file this under 'A Disney bus driver confirmed to me...', but my wife and I had a lovely long chat with a staff member outside of this place today, who stated that he will be working at the new HK store when it opens. He said that they are on course to open in March and it will be Betty Boop on one side, Hello Kitty on the other and in the centre (this was news to me, at least) there will be a sweet/pastry store selling custom Hello Kitty cakes and treats.
Universal is making a mint with themed food, candy & treats. They found he golden egg.

I know this store will make a lot of money. I remember when Hello Kitty was extremely popular with almost every girl in school and my family . I didn't like her because everybody did until I went into the low budget HK store at my mall. I spent a lot of money in there. I can just imagine what Universal's amazing merchandise department have come up with . I'm surprised they didn't build a C ticket or 2 and made a mini land .

I think kitty can't support a ride. The IP is basically nothing but merch, it has games and movies but they'll never stick. Universal doing the right thing as per usual

I think kitty can't support a ride. The IP is basically nothing but merch, it has games and movies but they'll never stick. Universal doing the right thing as per usual

I disagree. I can see it as a land but more so just being overly cutesy to where it makes certain people feel emasculated. I can see carousels, ferris wheels, flat rides mainly and maybe a space fantasy style ride for Hello Kitty. But as before when it comes down to it, it is a limiting thing due to American social norms and such.

I disagree. I can see it as a land but more so just being overly cutesy to where it makes certain people feel emasculated. I can see carousels, ferris wheels, flat rides mainly and maybe a space fantasy style ride for Hello Kitty. But as before when it comes down to it, it is a limiting thing due to American social norms and such.
Hello kitty is all about looks and design. I don't think the majority of consumers know the story of it or anything about it. Maybe in Japan but in America, something like that could really confuse a ton