Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hershey Park

Looks like a Hyper

Yeah, but there’s enough ambiguity to keep my giga dreams alive lol

I really hope that they don’t end up making Chocolate World part of the park. It’s one of the best dark rides anywhere and it’s amazing that it’s free.

This shouldnt affect chocolate world at all! I’ve always loved doing laps on the chocolate tour and getting, not just the free ride, but the chocolate samples at the end :eat:

I gotta say, I really appreciate Hersheypark. I’ve really enjoyed all of their additions over the years, and they seem committed to freshening up and diversifying their product. With the reese’s cup update coming next year, the additions to the boardwalk, and just a few years ago the total update of chocolate world, it shows they’re paying attention. While I don’t agree with all the changes they make, it’s awesome to see that they care enough to improve and update. Nostalgia is obviously a big part of Herhsey, but they don’t use that as an excuse to let their park detoriate.

They could’ve left the entrance as is, but they saw an opportunity to improve and open up more possibilities to improve in the future. I really do commend them for that.

Not to mention, this project looks amazing :lol:

Oomf that name is ... not good. Also, what’s with this animation? It has the physics of a k’nex coaster :lol:

I love a B&M hyper, so I’m sure it will be great, and it will really round out Hershey’s already great portfolio. I only wish it were a bit more unique, but B&M doesn’t like to fix what isn’t broken lol.

Also, is it just me, or does that station building seem far too small to hold all the queue they’re gonna need?

I'm surprised they went so small. It's not even a record setting coaster in Pennsylvania. While I know a good ride doesn't have to set records, it seems undersized. Only 10' taller than Skyrush which is right next to it...

I'm surprised they went so small. It's not even a record setting coaster in Pennsylvania. While I know a good ride doesn't have to set records, it seems undersized. Only 10' taller than Skyrush which is right next to it...
Yes...Kennywood's Steel Curtain will remain the tallest in the state.

Yeah, I thought that too. They’re advertising Tallest, Fastest, Longest at the park, but it’s by a pretty small margin in each category lol

Storm Runner is apparently down for the season according to Screamscape, as well as SooperDooperLooper being temp down as well

A little bad news from Hersheypark as it was confirmed that the park’s Storm Running coaster is officially ‘Closed For The Season”. Storm Running is an Intamin Hydraulic Launch coaster and while Hersheypark has had great fortune with much of their Intamin fleet of coasters, but when the hydraulic launch system on these style coasters does start to fail, they often do so in spectacular fashion. The end result is the park is forced to close the ride for several months even in the best of times, so given the world pandemic problems that would cause even further delays to the shipping of new equipment, this only makes sense. Add in that there could be serious travel complications if they need a tech from Intamin to come from Europe to oversee the installation, the hole only gets deeper for Hersheypark.

Other Intamin coasters with similar launch systems such as Xcelerator, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka have all suffered from bouts of extended downtime over the years. Intamin themselves are said to have retired this “Accelerator” style launch system, with the last one built being Formula Rossa at Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi. Following this, all Intamin launched coasters have returned to using magnetic launch systems instead, even on coaster designs that would have previously used the hydraulic launch system, such as Red Force at Ferrari Land in Spain. It does make me wonder if it could be possible to upgrade older rides like Storm Force to use a magnetic launch system instead, or if the launch distance is just too short.

In other coaster news Hersheypark is also reporting that SooperdooperLooper will also be “temporarily closed” for the start of the season.