Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hershey Park

Hate to drop a 3rd straight post - but has anyone visited yet?

We just had our 2nd visit for the season. On the days we went crowds were actually surprisingly mild!

Visited Hershey Park this past Saturday and was surprised at how great it was. Was great to see how efficient their operations were and how clean the park was.

Very surprised by how crowded it was too, felt just as busy as any of the Orlando parks, definitely more than SeaWorld.

Notes:
  • My thighs are still reeling from Skyrush
  • No idea why they run 3 trains on Candymonium when it still takes a long time to dispatch trains out.
  • Love that lockers are not required for any of the coasters
  • Loved their self-service kiosks at some of the quick service locations
  • Was shocked at how great Lightning Racer was

Visited Hershey Park this past Saturday and was surprised at how great it was. Was great to see how efficient their operations were and how clean the park was.

Very surprised by how crowded it was too, felt just as busy as any of the Orlando parks, definitely more than SeaWorld.

Notes:
  • My thighs are still reeling from Skyrush
  • No idea why they run 3 trains on Candymonium when it still takes a long time to dispatch trains out.
  • Love that lockers are not required for any of the coasters
  • Loved their self-service kiosks at some of the quick service locations
  • Was shocked at how great Lightning Racer was
So it was your first time? Woo!

I'm a local so I've been.. probably 3 times already. My wife has her first-to-ride reservation for Wildcat's Revenge on Memorial Day.

Like you said - I think people are always very surprised by 1. how large HP is, and 2. how BUSY it is!

So it was your first time? Woo!

I'm a local so I've been.. probably 3 times already. My wife has her first-to-ride reservation for Wildcat's Revenge on Memorial Day.

Like you said - I think people are always very surprised by 1. how large HP is, and 2. how BUSY it is!

First time, had a business meeting in Baltimore.

Definitely underestimated the walk from the park entrance to Lightning Racer.

Went for the first time yesterday since Chocolate Town/Candymonium opened. With those additions and Wildcat’s Revenge, this is now a top tier park in the conversation with places like Cedar Point for best amusement park. Before Wildcat’s Revenge I think the park was always missing a real top flight coaster. Skyrush could be one, but woof those restraints.

WR sits #3 on my coaster rankings behind Steel Vengeance and Velocicoaster. Some truly insane elements.

Candymonium is pretty good, but I’m generally not a huge fan of B&M hypers, so I don’t think it’s anything truly amazing.

The Chocolatier is a top tier park restaurant.

Only negative is how rough Lightning Racers is now. Feels like it’s only a few years away from where Wildcat was before it needed a retrack.

Went for the first time yesterday since Chocolate Town/Candymonium opened. With those additions and Wildcat’s Revenge, this is now a top tier park in the conversation with places like Cedar Point for best amusement park. Before Wildcat’s Revenge I think the park was always missing a real top flight coaster. Skyrush could be one, but woof those restraints.

WR sits #3 on my coaster rankings behind Steel Vengeance and Velocicoaster. Some truly insane elements.

Candymonium is pretty good, but I’m generally not a huge fan of B&M hypers, so I don’t think it’s anything truly amazing.

The Chocolatier is a top tier park restaurant.

Only negative is how rough Lightning Racers is now. Feels like it’s only a few years away from where Wildcat was before it needed a retrack.
Oh man - as a local, I gotta drop a hard disagree on The Chocolatier lol

Glad to hear you guys liked it!

The food isn't terrible but the pricing is just genuinely outrageous- item for item, more expensive than Toothsome.

They also hold the title of worst dessert I've ever had amazingly

We just got back from a 2 day family trip to Hershey Park. It was our first trip to Hershey in about 5 years.
We rode Wildcat's Revenge and loved it. It was our first RMC so no others to compare it to but I still prefer Velocicoaster slightly while my son was the opposite. Ride ops were also pretty great at that coaster.

We rode most of the other coasters exclusing Comet, Fahrenheit, and that Jolly Rancher one. We wanted to get them in but with a couple of smaller kids, we ended up riding Trailblazer many, many times.

We ate at the Smokehouse (?) down near Trailblazer and what a rip off. We are Universal AP holders and are quite familiar with theme park food prices but $15 for a plain brisket sandwich and another $5 if you wanted a side is pretty outrageous in my opinion.

For those who go to Hershey often, do they always make you remove your glasses for most of the coasters? And I mean eye glasses not sunglasses. Is this something new? Is this just a Hershey thing? I can't remember ever having to remove my eyeglasses for a coaster before.

We just got back from a 2 day family trip to Hershey Park. It was our first trip to Hershey in about 5 years.
We rode Wildcat's Revenge and loved it. It was our first RMC so no others to compare it to but I still prefer Velocicoaster slightly while my son was the opposite. Ride ops were also pretty great at that coaster.

We rode most of the other coasters exclusing Comet, Fahrenheit, and that Jolly Rancher one. We wanted to get them in but with a couple of smaller kids, we ended up riding Trailblazer many, many times.

We ate at the Smokehouse (?) down near Trailblazer and what a rip off. We are Universal AP holders and are quite familiar with theme park food prices but $15 for a plain brisket sandwich and another $5 if you wanted a side is pretty outrageous in my opinion.

For those who go to Hershey often, do they always make you remove your glasses for most of the coasters? And I mean eye glasses not sunglasses. Is this something new? Is this just a Hershey thing? I can't remember ever having to remove my eyeglasses for a coaster before.
Yeah they typically do - they can also be sticklers for hats as well.

And yeah, we're locals and HP passholders and we rarely eat anything substantial at HP. I'm thoroughly convinced it's more expensive than Universal, and possibly even Disney in some places. (nothing beats Sesame Place as far as ridiculous pricing though)

Our past two experiences of the food at Smokehouse was the 'worst' theme park food ever. The first trip everything was dry, tasteless, and appeared to be sitting out way too long. The next trip we tried it again, thinking that perhaps the poor food previously was a one time aberration. Nope, amazingly it was even worse than the earlier trip. And, yes the pricing was way too high, even if the food would have been good. Hershey park is OK if you love coaster parks. But overall we've thought most of the park food is very weak, hence why we tried the terrible Smokehouse twice. The park is not beautiful like it was in it's earlier years. Forcing coasters in every corner has created a real mishmash. But the one aspect that's still pretty strong is the adjacent zoo. It's a nice alternative.....We've probably been at Hershey Park a half dozen different times over the course of four decades.

Last edited:
Pro tip - the best food at Hersheypark is from the 3rd party vendors.

Oola Bowls, empandas, mini donuts, etc. The best outside of that is Tower Fries.

@TheCodeMan95 Hats, stuff from your pockets, bags are all pretty typical. I was just taken back having to remove my eye glasses.

@Mad Dog We have been going to Hershey for 4 decades as well. Lots of great memories and I sure do miss the old entrance. I don't mind all the coaster additions since most seem to be on the outter edge of the park. I do like that they have so many kiddie rides near the more thrill rides. And yeah, we are defiitely skipping the Smokehouse next time.

We only ate one meal in the park per day. I think next time, we will just bring a cooler and have a picnic lunch.

Yeah, while the new store is nice and Milton's Ice Cream Parlor is awesome, I definitely miss the old entrance. It was just too small for the crowds sadly

BTW has anyone seen better deals at a park? There must be so many corporate events employees just sell the tickets or something. I can buy tickets for 25 early season and 40 peak season. Saw some express tickets for cheap even, not much more than the regular price admission. Even six flags is usually more money for single days while the hershey season passes are a premium compared to six flags.