Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN ‘19: Holidayz in Hell

Info from Q&A:
- Cinco De Mayo and Day of the Dead was cut due to space

- "No Halloween is a new riff on an idea we did for the "Hell Comes to Haddonfield" maze for H2 years ago...go inside a pumkin with new Jack-O-Lantern characters...including a new stilt walker."

- The Music in the trailer is a Demo for the maze.

- They are using old vintage postcards as a transitional idea to set up each section

- This is not the Password maze

- Holidayz was the highest rated Scare Zone ever.

- The French Street Zone is all Christmas themed.

- Some Holidayz will get 1 scene, and others will get more than 1.

- "We're not in the plaza this year (couldn't be) so the first scene of the maze is the façade itself with characters, etc."

- There will be a lot of Scents

- The Sheet Ghosts from last year won't be in the maze.

Last edited:
Wow, this bout to be the shortest maze ever if no Plaza.

Not really? Halloween 2015 & El Cucuy did just fine... plus this has the bonus scare zone.

The plaza really only added the introductory graveyard, the crypt, a long black tunnel, and the villagers outside. Plenty of space for a maze in the courtyard alone.

EDITED TO ADD:

The scene breakdown for Monsters, sans plaza elements:

-Burning Castle/Vault
-Invisible Man
-Phantom Lair
-Sewer Tunnel
-Dracula Chamber + Wolf Attack
-Blood Feast
-Collection Room
-Stained Glass/Igor
-Doctor Frankenstein Lab
-Final Scare Hallways
-Monster Masquerade scare zone

Last edited:
Glad to see "Halloween" got confirmed for the maze. That would be ridiculously ironic o not include the holiday that the entire event is based around.
Wow, this bout to be the shortest maze ever if no Plaza.
If it's going to go "inside" for sure like El Cucuy and Halloween did, it will be fine. Besides, the maze sounds way too packed to not do that. It can't be that short.

Glad to see "Halloween" got confirmed for the maze. That would be ridiculously ironic o not include the holiday that the entire event is based around.

If it's going to go "inside" for sure like El Cucuy and Halloween did, it will be fine. Besides, the maze sounds way too packed to not do that. It can't be that short.

I don't think it can go inside if they're doing stilts - they need that space for the stiltwalkers to prep.

Again, though, they squeezed ten scenes (excluding the Masquerade) out of the exterior area alone. We'll be fine.

A little something I picked up on when he was mentioning the Post Cards that they used for Inspiration during the panel when it had all of them it also had the Halloween one.
20190429_175149.jpg
Possibly what the characters will look like inside the Halloween section of Holidayz?

A little something I picked up on when he was mentioning the Post Cards that they used for Inspiration during the panel when it had all of them it also had the Halloween one.
View attachment 9466
Possibly what the characters will look like inside the Halloween section of Holidayz?
Judging by what he said about it taking place inside a pumpkin similar to Halloween 2, I would expect the characters to look similar to Twisted Tradition from Orlando last year

I hope we get the ginger bread scent back. I have missed the times of poop and burned flesh scents. People who went through the saw mazes will remember!

I don't think it can go inside if they're doing stilts - they need that space for the stiltwalkers to prep.

Again, though, they squeezed ten scenes (excluding the Masquerade) out of the exterior area alone. We'll be fine.
Correct they won't be going inside.

Last edited: