Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

I'm curious to see Halloween 4 at the event. I can already remember some of the interesting kills from that film off the top of my head, and to see what original take they're gonna do with the ending of the maze, like they've done with the last two Halloween maze endings, it'll be interesting (especially with the ending of Halloween 4).

I'm curious to see Halloween 4 at the event. I can already remember some of the interesting kills from that film off the top of my head, and to see what original take they're gonna do with the ending of the maze, like they've done with the last two Halloween maze endings, it'll be interesting (especially with the ending of Halloween 4).
I'm interested for a similar reason...I wanna know how they're going to do the roof scene.

I'm interested for a similar reason...I wanna know how they're going to do the roof scene.

If push comes to shove, I wouldn't be surprised if they opt for a scene where you're in the attic, and one of the open windows leading to the roof, Michael pops out to surprise you.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they bring back the same water gag with Kelly's death, as they did with Bob's death from the first maze. Basically instead of a knife, the actor playing Michael pulls the trigger on the rifle that has Kelly's corpse pinned to the door, and that triggers a water gag to shoot at guests from the Kelly mannequin/corpse.

This promo video is INSULTING to anyone in video production, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Why did they even film this shot of Michael literally doing nothing in the first place? It would be nice to have some archived footage from the film for those who are unfamiliar with part 4. They should've at least had some trick r treaters run by as he's walking into the house (it would've been cooler if they were FROM TrT, to wrap this whole thing around). And Murdy mentions the 80s synthesized version, so why didn't they use that to fully sell the tone of this one? I won't be too mad they didn't use the right mask, I mean, I personally hate it like many other people, but I want AUTHENTICITY!

And the three most vile things! They picked the most familiar, archived female screams in the history of time AS IF WE WOULDN'T NOTICE?! THEN, they clearly either darkened the top of the last shot to make it more black (there's a clear LINE above Michael's head) and/or did a weird pan and scan downwards. And that is CLEARLY a facade/shell of a house (I think on Wisteria Lane?)! When he kicks open the door, you can see inside just a wooden beam and a tungsten light beaming onto him. It looks like he's walking into a freakin' basement.

I know I just complained a lot about one tiny video, but I actually don't really care for the most part haha

And I want to clarify, I'm not implying Murdy is "lying" or acting in bad faith or whatever. This is way beyond anyone on the Horror Nights team's control, and there's no good way for them to explain why this isn't coming this year. I just don't want people to get disappointed when it doesn't happen next year.
Maybe I forgot the reason, but what was it again?

Last edited:
Once again, awesome announcment video. My 4th most anticipated maze. Wish they would stick with the classic theme, but oh well.

Calling it right now; won't be surprised if next year Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers is brought to the event, especially since I know that the GP will love this year's maze, as they have other Halloween and Titans of Terror mazes. Also, it would bring Michael's appearance score to 5 years at HHN next year, catching him up to Freddy, Jason and Leatherface.

Or what if they make up their own Halloween sequel like 2016's TCM "sequel" maze?

If Myers is going to persist, I imagine this is how they'll have to do it.

Similar to how any time Chucky appears in Universal parks, they're careful to legally refer to him as a character from Child's Play 2 or Bride of Chucky in legalese, depending on his appearance (stitched or Good Guy).

So the facade is gonna be Smiths Grove Sanitarium?
EDIT: Or is it the one revealed at the video?

I am HOPING since they're so similar, 4 and 5 are mashed together. We skip part 6. And next year we have H20. Skip Resurrection. THEN we finally get 2018's in 2020 after everyone's seen it and the inevitable sequel coming out at the time.

Now that this is officially announced, this is the prime example of why we need a new creative team. There is no reason this should be happening, as soon as they couldn’t do the Blumhouse version, they should’ve done an original. But why do something that requires a lot of care and effort to do when you can do a version of a recycled ip that nobody asked for. This is a massive slap in the face to the entire community.

Forgot to put this in the first time but, this is even more insulting considering we all know they’re gonna go after the Blumhouse version again next year and it will probably come, which means that Halloween will have been featured 4 times in 5 years, uhhhh.

Last edited:
Now that this is officially announced, this is the prime example of why we need a new creative team. There is no reason this should be happening, as soon as they couldn’t do the Blumhouse version, they should’ve done an original. But why do something that requires a lot of care and effort to do when you can do a version of a recycled ip that nobody asked for. This is a massive slap in the face to the entire community.

Forgot to put this in the first time but, this is even more insulting considering we all know they’re gonna go after the Blumhouse version again next year and it will probably come, which means that Halloween will have been featured 4 times in 5 years, uhhhh.

It's not that bad, I'm pretty excited for it. I think you're the only one I've seen mad about it, so far haha. I've been through all the other iterations of Halloween and each time, they've found a way to revitalize it to make it new. 09's maze is in my top 5 of all time. '15 was decent, had to live in the shadow of the first one, but they added the "ghost of Michael" element which made it pretty spooky. '16 has one of the best endings I've ever seen for a maze and I was overall surprised that any of it was as good as it was. The only time I was mad about a repeat was '09's NOES and it was phenomenal, so now I just go with the punches. FvJ and ToT were all great, imo, and that was their 4th and 5th times at the event. The weakest single Titan maze was Blood Brothers, and even if this maze is only as good as that, we're still in a pretty great spot.

I never thought I'd see a world where I'd see a maze based on exclusively Halloween 4. What a great time to be alive. I now have hope that H20, my favorite Halloween sequel, will come to life and I can step into that movie. 2005 me stuck at Knotts Scary Farm would be crying tears of joy that such a thing would start to develop within the next year, and within a decade, we'd get to step into the world of some of my horror franchises of film and TV, either in compilation, anthology or single entry form, both obscure and popular alike.

Last edited:
that would be cool then

I would rather want something unique and taking a risk without the need of an IP, as opposed to an original take on The Shape in a portion of time between films.

So the facade is gonna be Smiths Grove Sanitarium?
EDIT: Or is it the one revealed at the video?

It's not the one featured in the video reveal. From what it seems, deductions have it as the Gas Station.

I mean with the way we're learning about the fate of several highly requested IPs that haven't been to HHN yet, it may come down to that point where next year we may get 1-3 original concept mazes (I say 3 because that honestly seems like the most they'll be willing to do, not surpassing the amount of IP mazes). But I feel that at the end of this season, this maze may join Stranger Things as one of the highly-ranked mazes, according to polls.

It's not the one featured in the video reveal. From what it seems, deductions have it as the Gas Station.[/QUOTE]
I think it would be a nice addition to add the crashed ambulance with dead bodies. I feel as if it would give the feeling that Michael has escaped and is going to kill. It seems very unlikely, and it's probably gonna be inside the maze.

EDIT: Sorry about that little screw up I did with the quote.