Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter 2

I wonder how Murdy is gonna respond to this. His probably gonna say how it was the most request maze, but I highly doubt that.

Welp... there it is. Took ‘em long enough to rip this bandaid off.

Honestly, this should have been one of the first announcements they did. Seems odd to have saved such a lackluster maze for second to last announcement.

I wonder how Murdy is gonna respond to this. His probably gonna say how it was the most request maze, but I highly doubt that.

If what Fallow said is true, then he'll focus on the original elements of the maze. Say, "oh yeah we're doing something completely crazy with Unfriended / ToD that's gonna be totally different from the movie." And he can talk about the finale a bunch. Seems like a decent strategy.

If memory serves correctly, I think HoB (according to his "lovely fan-polls") was ranked 2nd last year, behind Insidious. I think the best damage control would be to announce UCM tomorrow; desperate times call for desperate measures.

Honestly, this should have been one of the first announcements they did. Seems odd to have saved such a lackluster maze for second to last announcement.

I'm assuming it's so that they can cover it up with the UCM maze? Two highly anticipated mazes announced back to back would probably cannibalize attention? I dunno how PR works, but I think that's the logic behind this.

At least he didn't wait to announce The First Purge as the last announcement, having UCM be announced months earlier. That would've been a double Blumhouse wammy.

I honestly can't argue against this house then. Seems like it'll be unique!

Yeah, this'll be the maze I'm looking for reactions to. I'm definitely putting it in the "reserve judgement" column. They could do alot with that finale and changes to Unfriended. We'll see.

(BTW is it possible that ideas from his Mexico original were rolled into Truth or Dare (the Mexican abbey)? Like, do we see the demon in this version?)

Still sounds awful. It went up from number #889212255 on my anticipation list, to just #7.
What an interesting time for horror. But also... how freakin' desperate.
YOU KNOW THAT LOGO WE HAVE? THAT SOMETIMES CREEP PEOPLE OUT?
UH... YEAH... THAT'S A MAZE...
*eyeroll*

Still sounds awful. It went up from number #889212255 on my anticipation list, to just #7.
What an interesting time for horror. But also... how freakin' desperate.
YOU KNOW THAT LOGO WE HAVE? THAT SOMETIMES CREEP PEOPLE OUT?
UH... YEAH... THAT'S A MAZE...
*eyeroll*

Frankly, I don't think there's enough material between ToD and Unfriended to fill the entire maze... hence the haunted house.

No inside info here (seriously, haven't heard anything one way or the other), but as others have suggested, it would make total sense to incorporate some "Greatest Hits" in the Haunted House that aren't otherwise present (Baghuul, Babyface, Bride in Black, Redface Demon).

Frankly, I don't think there's enough material between ToD and Unfriended to fill the entire maze... hence the haunted house.

No inside info here (seriously, haven't heard anything one way or the other), but as others have suggested, it would make total sense to incorporate some "Greatest Hits" in the Haunted House that aren't otherwise present (Baghuul, Babyface, Bride in Black, Redface Demon).
If they were to do a theater room at the beginning it would be cool, although totally schlocky, if all of the theater attendees were from HOB last year.

I don’t even feel like putting in the effort to make fun of this, I’ve just accepted this grim reality where Truth or Dare and Unfriended are gonna be in a house before Twin Peaks.