Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Poltergeist

Well of course it says MGM, they made the film. But they don't own it. Distribution rights can be tricky because certain parties can acquire a film entirely. Apparently WB also owns "Little Monsters" now as well (don't even get me started on the fun WB can do for future events).

Lets not encourage repeat IPs... as much as I love the bathroom braces scene from 2 & the mirrors of doom from 3, that'd be like encouraging them to TRY to continue with Halloween 5-Resurrection.

They can definitely use the old "Freddy Snake" rigs for the giant skull. Not so sure about lion ghost.

Seems like Murdy is keeping a tight lid on who the scare-actors will be playing. If it's not based on the sequels, that means I can only really think of the clown, the corpses, and maybe members of the family. Probably random ghosts while we're at it? Dunno.

They can definitely use the old "Freddy Snake" rigs for the giant skull. Not so sure about lion ghost.

Seems like Murdy is keeping a tight lid on who the scare-actors will be playing. If it's not based on the sequels, that means I can only really think of the clown, the corpses, and maybe members of the family. Probably random ghosts while we're at it? Dunno.
don't forget this lovely chap

Attachments

• CV6E3AtW4AAYGNz.jpg
    CV6E3AtW4AAYGNz.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 40
I believe it would be something similar to this...

(just for clarification:grin:)

I know it's not saying much, but that was far and away the best part of the maze. It was one of those glimpses of potential last year that was kind of sad when you compared it with the finished product. :/ Oh well. It could definitely work!

Part of me feels like the clown puppet may rely on the same blackout scareactor method that was used with the face-huggers in AvP. As for the giant skull monsters, I expect the similar scare as the demon-bull puppets from This is the End.

You didn't move the bodies, you only moved the STOOOOONES!!!

WHYYYYYYY??? WHHYYYYYYYYYY???

God, I love that movie.

Side note: We all know that the ending scene with the house is most likely going to be done with a projection, but wouldn't it be cool if they somehow found a way to do it practically? Like if there was a model of the destroyed house spinning, with one of those vortex "transition hallway" lighting it from behind? I dunno, just spitballing.

don't forget this lovely chap

Don’t forget the Paranormal Investigators too, but they’re not as intimidating.

God, I love that movie.

Side note: We all know that the ending scene with the house is most likely going to be done with a projection, but wouldn't it be cool if they somehow found a way to do it practically? Like if there was a model of the destroyed house spinning, with one of those vortex "transition hallway" lighting it from behind? I dunno, just spitballing.

Let’s just hope we won’t get another Blood Elevator scene with miscellaneous clips from the movie:grin: This house won’t be too scary but I’m betting it’ll be incredible to look at

im thinking of them doing this for the face peel scene in poltergeist. basically you enter into the bathroom and see a man looking at himself in the mirror [dummy]. behind that mirror is a actor, a light will shine on the actor to show him tearing away his face. i "tried" to do a image showing what it'll do

Attachments

• autodraw 8_10_2018.png
    autodraw 8_10_2018.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 24

God, I love that movie.

It'd be so cool if they do an ending similar to Orlando's Hell Comes to Haddonfield ending, except the cracks glow cyan and the room flashes with white and blue lighting. Basically you're in the house as it's collapsing and corpses, donning an effect similar to the burning Walker from TWDA except glowing cyan cracks instead of orange, pop out at you from the broken walls to represent the spirits that are being taken with the house.

I feel like it would be wise to keep expectations incredibly super low, despite Murdy saying this maze is full of effects & whatnot. Just because it looks good on the outside, doesn't mean it can't end up being a total disaster on the inside. I'd love to see 2016 quality mazes or better.