Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: House of 1000 Corpses

Feb 15, 2012

Based on Rob Zombie’s 2003 film, the terrifying mazes bring to life the movie’s offbeat roadside tourist attraction, Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen, and introduces guests to some of the country’s most infamous serial killers, including Dr. Satan, a demented surgeon who has gone mad.

Without a moment to catch their breath, guests will venture to the chaotic home of the Firefly family, a sadistic clan of psychotic killers, where the psychosis deepens and the depraved thrive. It is a chilling journey into the netherworld of terror that weaves its way through a cavernous network of dark tunnels within the bowels of the house. Populated by the degenerate victims of Dr. Satan’s debauched operations, legions of tortured creatures shuffle about as Dr. Satan continues his twisted medical practice, eagerly awaiting a new installment of victims.

House of 1000 Corpses has a bit of interesting history at Horror Nights. A haunted house originally preceded the film, first appearing in 2000 in Hollywood. Since then, the film has been featured 2 more times, with the last appearing in 2011.

House of 1000 Corpses Haunted House announced for Halloween Horror Nights | Inside Universal

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
Super excited for this to come back in a new fashion. Waterworld Mazes typically aren't filled to the brim with black walls so I expect the same here.

Seems from construction that the maze will not be focusing on the Murder Ride but the house (With how close the facade is to the maze) which I think is pretty nice and I hope for a full great representation of HOTC.

I'm Split on this....one one had I enjoyed the maze on the other this maze had three years if I'm not mistake at HHN before (yes this one will be a little different)

But i want to see a Resident Evil Maze or something Video Game related before seeing an old film that has already gotten years of a maze come back.

Reactions: DTH
I’ve gone through the house in 2010 and 11. Though it was great, it’s a little lower on my anticipation list as I’ve already been through it both times. I am interested in seeing how they design the Murder Ride segment as the first version took creative liberties to make it more 3D.

When HHN has revisited old “classics”, the newer versions tend to be not as great as the original versions (I.e. Halloween and Saw). I think this could be the case here, but we’ll see. It will be interesting to not see this formatted into 3D.

giphy.gif

His second worst film after 31, and it’s just gonna feel like a glorified reheat. Which sucks, because a compilation featuring this, Devil’s Rejects and the new one might have put it in my top five, but overall HHN is just phoning it in here. Whatever.

Although this maze made-up for a weak lineup back in 2010, IMO, it was definitely overshadowed in 2011 with all the new mazes, and I think the same thing will happen this year. I'm hopeful there's new elements that they didn't utilize in '10 and '11 for this maze, but my interest in the other announced mazes puts this one near the very bottom. We'll see if that changes with the last maze announcement and its details.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to going through this maze because unfortunately I didn’t start going to HHN until 2014 and everyone talks about loving HOTC so much. Now I finally get to experience it.

Well well well, this should be interesting. Never got the chance to experience this back then, but now that it is returning, I guess I'm pretty excited that I get to experience this.

Still mixed on this one, the movies pretty bad imo but I like the set pieces and I think they’ll be cool in the maze, I never got to experience the ‘10 and ‘11 mazes so this will be new for me, but i would have rather they brought back another property instead of this one.

I don't really think there's a disposable maze this year, honestly, all of them bring something different to the table. This sounds like a good gorehound maze that's gonna be fun to go through and see how everything's been shifted around. Maybe more of Dr. Satan's lair?

They better have Baby & Mrs.. Firefly somewhere hidden yelling "WHO'S YOUR DADDY", WHO'S YOUR DADDY", & or Baby saying Give me a B, Give me an A, Give me aB, Give me a Y, what's that spell, WHATS THAT SPELL" I have already ordered some shirt and a hoodie for House of 1000 Corpses", can't wear one to the park I am sure they would be like um NO.2017-new-t-shirt-o-neck-men-house-of-1000.jpg

They better have Baby & Mrs.. Firefly somewhere hidden yelling "WHO'S YOUR DADDY", WHO'S YOUR DADDY", & or Baby saying Give me a B, Give me an A, Give me aB, Give me a Y, what's that spell, WHATS THAT SPELL" I have already ordered some shirt and a hoodie for House of 1000 Corpses", can't wear one to the park I am sure they would be like um NO.View attachment 10542
House 1000 of the Corpses?

House 1000 of the Corpses?
Yes HoTC a lot of people don't like it but it is one of my favorites, especially if nothing on tv, than I can't go wrong with the crazy family of the Firefly's. Baby, Mama Firefly & Tiny are my favorite characters.
Yes Just House of 1000 Corpses, I got it switched to another one Thank you @snayberry for catching that and thank you @Freak

Last edited: