Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Been seeing a lot of positive responses for this one! There's the occasional "so are you going to do mazes on something actually scary?" But overall, very positive.
Personally, this is a huge cult favorite in my house and one of the not-so-obscure movies I can reference and people generally, somehow, know exactly what I'm talking about. Somewhere down the road, it kinda went from weird cult movie to a mainstream 80s classic. Maybe because it was on cable so much in the 90s, I don't know, but it's great to see it so beloved now. And great to see something we've been asking for for so long finally be made.

While this maze will probably not be scary, HHN is far more interesting to me when they’re trying to tell a story, rather than just basic scares. That’s why the soft horror stuff and the less jumpscary movies tend to be fan favorites.

According to twitter right now more info is being released about the house, so far this was said:

"The circus has come to town! At least that’s what the unsuspecting citizens of Crescent Cove think when they discover a mysterious big top has been erected in the middle of an empty forest on the outskirts of town..."

"...But it doesn’t take long for the residents of this sleepy California suburb to discover the true nature of the Big Top and the nefarious deeds taking place inside it! The circus big top is actually an alien spaceship housing an army of Killer Klowns from Outer Space!"

"Welcome to Killer Klowns from Outer Space, a new maze inspired by the 1988 film that became a cult classic! You’ll venture inside the Killer Klowns’ Space Ship & discover the “Refrigerator Room” where the Klowns are storing their human prey inside Cotton Candy Cocoons!"

"Next you’ll venture into the community of Crescent Cove, and discover the Killer Klowns nefarious plot to abduct the locals...and dismantle their law enforcement apparatus!"

"Finally you'll wind up at a closed Amusement Park, the perfect place for the Killer Klowns to hide the nerve center of their operation! Featuring a classic retro 80’s feel, Killer Klowns from Outer Space will have you screaming, and laughing, to death!"

Last edited:

Dang, those two responses just made me infinitely more excited. It sounds like they're not shying away from the zanier aspects of the movie.

Now someone ask him if there's a clown in an invisible car!

EDIT:

^ KILLER KLOWN BABIES GUYS.

^ A little disappointed by this news, tbh, but the shadow puppets were still my favourite part so I'm not too gutted.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ Klown Kar ending.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ "Not 3D" but will still have UV lighting parts.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ Klown ray guns.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ No Back to the Future maze in the forseeable future.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ Funhouse will be seen at the end.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ Shadow puppets will be a live performer + projection.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ Ventriloquist Mooney confirmed.

John Murdy on Twitter

^ VentriloMooney will be a live performer.

Horror Nights on Twitter

^ "You never know" When talking about Beetlejuice show/zone. Prob not this year, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
- "Have you ever been scared by a dog made out of balloons?" in response to new scares.
- "Yes definitely. The Spaceship, The cotton candy cocoons was high on my list" for scenes that needed to be in the maze
- Jojo is in the maze
- The Shadow Puppets scene are in the maze
- There is a fair amount of UV Paint/Black Light effects
- There will be Killer Klown babies
- The Boxing clown will not be in the maze it was a choice between that and Shadow Puppets.
- Located in the Mummy Queue
- "You got it. Don’t worry you won’t explode...but a Klown May run you over" for having a Explosive Ending
- You will see Klownzilla face to face
- You'll see the Funhouse at the end
- "Yes we are making the various Klown ray guns"
- "It’s a video effect with a live performer" for how they are doing the Shadow Puppets scene
- "You should know" in response to "will we see Officer Mooney as a ventriloquist dummy?"

Last edited:
Bit sad to see blocks not getting knocked, but hey; what more can you do.

I guess part of it is that it'd be tough to do with a live performer, and we probably only would've seen the aftermath or a shadow projection effect. Still, boxing glove clown should at least be a scare.

Somehow this just jumped very high on my most anticipated list. This sounds like old school HHN with a goofy twist. I know most are worried about the venue, but this property and the way it sounds, being in one of the remaining (or maybe the only remaining?) old school venues makes me giddy.

Yeah, its pretty tricky to pull off, but i was thinking they could have shown the aftermath and had essentially a double scare, with Shorty being the primary scare and the headless corpse of the biker acting as the secondary when you think Shorty is the only actor. Still glad to hear a lot of iconic moments made it in, even if Knock My Block Off was my personal favorite.