Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 2021: Haunting of Hill House

That Bent-Neck Lady costume... did not look great...

You know how Headless Horseman costumes hide the head under the costume? Well, I do not know why they could have just done that and then add a Bent-Neck head to the top.

Other than that, the sets looked decent from the videos. I am surprised how few ghosts and Black Wallz where in Hill House.

That Bent-Neck Lady costume... did not look great...

You know how Headless Horseman costumes hide the head under the costume? Well, I do not know why they could have just done that and then add a Bent-Neck head to the top.

Other than that, the sets looked decent from the videos. I am surprised how few ghosts and Black Wallz where in Hill House.
Frankly all they really needed to do was do what they did for the invisible man in 2018. Use a blacklight instead of the colored theatrical lighting they seem to be using, and paint the costume and false head with UV paint. It wouldnt necessarily look perfectly show accurate, but it would achieve the affect much more effectively since the black backdrop and hood would absorb the light and blend into the background. Hopefully after previews they realize that and can make adjustments.

I am stunned that they did not appropriately test the costuming effect, because from all accounts, it patently does not work.

I'm also a bit surprised by how few characters are seen. To my understanding, it's only The Bent Neck Lady, Olivia, Poppy, and The Tall Man. No Cellar Ghost or any other background spirits.

I am stunned that they did not appropriately test the costuming effect, because from all accounts, it patently does not work.

I'm also a bit surprised by how few characters are seen. To my understanding, it's only The Bent Neck Lady, Olivia, Poppy, and The Tall Man. No Cellar Ghost or any other background spirits.
Cellar ghost is there, just wasn’t working properly I guess. it comes out from behind the barrels like slimer on a stick

Ok, so what was the finale supposed to be? Could someone please explain?

Edit: Oops, wrong coast.

Last edited:

Everything about the house feels like Murdy phoned the entire design in.

Frankly all they really needed to do was do what they did for the invisible man in 2018. Use a blacklight instead of the colored theatrical lighting they seem to be using, and paint the costume and false head with UV paint. It wouldnt necessarily look perfectly show accurate, but it would achieve the affect much more effectively since the black backdrop and hood would absorb the light and blend into the background. Hopefully after previews they realize that and can make adjustments.

That.....Is actually a really good idea. Probably the best fix at this point because man, it does not look good on video. Is it better in person? Not going until Sunday so one of ya'll can confirm that tonight.

That.....Is actually a really good idea. Probably the best fix at this point because man, it does not look good on video. Is it better in person? Not going until Sunday so one of ya'll can confirm that tonight.
Tbh I wouldnt hold your breath about it looking better in person. Maybe if its like the absolute dead of night and its practically pitch black in there, but the real head will probably always be a little visible. They mightve used low light cameras and gone earlier in the night which made the effect more obvious, but just from the kind of strobe theyre using i feel like the light is always gonna silhouette the real head.