Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 2021: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Just announced

Leatherface returns! Universal has announced The Texas Chainsaw Massacre will be featured as a haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and Hollywood.

Last edited:
So it's based off the original and not 3D like rumored? Interesting...

I liked the previous house quite a bit and don't really know what can be improved upon.

I'm into it. Interesting that the marketing is underlining that it's an adaptation of the original movie, which makes it decidedly different (in concept, at least) than Back in Business and Blood Brothers -- sounds like it'll be closer to Saw is the Law, which I remember liking a lot, even though it also departed a fair amount from the original film.

A faithful re-creation of the OG Texas Chainsaw that really nails the atmosphere and tone of Tobe's movie is definitely something to get excited about, IMO.

I know a lot of us have been going to the event for almost a decade or longer now, so we’re very familiar with this IP, but keep in mind new people come to the event every year. This will be a lot of people’s first time seeing this IP at the event, or experience with the film at all. I hope it does it justice and creates a whole new generation of TCM fans.

Q&A Info:
- There will be Scents used for this maze.
- Just the 1974 Film. No references to the Blood Brothers '16 Maze or TCM 2.
- Originally was going to be the Password Maze.
- Wasn't originally planned to happen. Came in late for 2020.
- Will have the Barbecue Smell.
- The Sawyer House and Gas Station will be facades for the Maze.
- Pretty similar to the 2012 Maze with a few tweaks.

Last edited:
This is the... 7th time for TCM at HHN? If there was ever a one to repeat, it's Back in Business. That's something people need to see. Maybe with it being in the same location, it'll re-use some of the layout. But man, that absolute dread in tone was the perfect HHN maze... nothing has yet to top it.

This is the... 7th time for TCM at HHN?
6th Time. 1st and 2nd being 2007 and 2008 with the Remake. Then 2012 (3rd) with the original film. Then 4th with Blood Brothers House in 2016. 5th being Leatherface in Titans of Terror Maze and Tram in 2017. And so this will be the 6th time we've seen Leatherface.

Q&A Info:
- There will be Scents used for this maze.
- Just the 1974 Film. No references to the Blood Brothers '16 Maze or TCM 2.
- Originally was going to be the Password Maze.
- Wasn't originally planned to happen. Came in late for 2020.
- Will have the Barbecue Smell.
- The Sawyer House and Gas Station will be facades for the Maze.
- Pretty similar to the 2012 Maze with a few tweaks.

Ooooohhhhhh maaaaaaaaaan :thud: