Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 2021: Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Just announced

We belong dead! Universal Monsters: Bride of Frankenstein Lives is coming to Halloween Horror Nights

Last edited:
Posting the announcement video, because c'mon.

It's by far one of the best promotional videos I think the HHN Marketing teams have produced. Truly spectacular work above all else.

I'm curious to see how they handle the seeming conflict between The Monster's Bride and Dracula's Brides, and how the vampyrical sides are represented. For the Hollywood mazes, has Dracula been killed off? perhaps we might see a reappearance of the count for this version.

Really hoping this maze is good for Hollywood. Already have seen Orlando's insane version of this maze so I'm even more interested in Hollywood's version.

BoFL is one of my favorite horror films of all time and it's nice to see a sequel to it in Maze form but for me the Hollywood Monster mazes have been 1-1 with Monsters being Mediocre and FMTW being really good.

There's a good chance this is definitely gonna follow the footsteps of the previous Vs Mazes but I really hope they switch it up because the formula is getting old. It doesn't also help that this maze (Most likely) is in Parisian Courtyard (Arguably the smallest location).

We belong dead! Universal Monsters: Bride of Frankenstein Lives is coming to Halloween Horror Nights

Q&A Info:
- "She wrote the book Frankenstein, Bride was just a film" to "Will u be using the Mary Shelly book for anything for brides? Maybe a facade"
- "He was the only one to ever show me kindness." is a Line in the Maze.
- "As for “the book” you’re all asking about...keep your peeled...something might show up soon..."
- No Dracula in the Maze. Just his 3 Brides.
- "It’s pretty different take, more of her journey to becoming the doctor. Some fun call backs to the 35 film" to someone saying they saw Orlando's version.
- "More to come on that..." to "Is there going to be a scare zone by the exit of The bride of Frankenstein maze?"
- "She definitely gets her hands dirty but it’s blood she’s mainly after, a certain kind of blood"
- "There’s a whole lotta stakin’ going on" to "Is there going to be some battle vs bride and vampires like in the trailer?"
- "There's lots of iterations of the characters"
- "Yes different script that I wrote, different talent, Slash’s score" to Will the Bride narrate for Hollywood's Maze just like for Orlando's?

Last edited:

Q&A Info:
- "She wrote the book Frankenstein, Bride was just a film" to "Will u be using the Mary Shelly book for anything for brides? Maybe a facade"
- "He was the only one to ever show me kindness." is a Line in the Maze.
- "As for “the book” you’re all asking about...keep your peeled...something might show up soon..."
- No Dracula in the Maze. Just his 3 Brides.
- "It’s pretty different take, more of her journey to becoming the doctor. Some fun call backs to the 35 film" to someone saying they saw Orlando's version.
- "More to come on that..." to "Is there going to be a scare zone by the exit of The bride of Frankenstein maze?"
- "She definitely gets her hands dirty but it’s blood she’s mainly after, a certain kind of blood"
- "There’s a whole lotta stakin’ going on" to "Is there going to be some battle vs bride and vampires like in the trailer?"
- "There's lots of iterations of the characters"
- "Yes different script that I wrote, different talent, Slash’s score" to Will the Bride narrate for Hollywood's Maze just like for Orlando's?

The Patrick shout out makes me chuckle.

The facades in 2019 were no great shakes either.

I honestly think it's a budget issue. They're investing less in facades so that they can put more money in other parts of the maze. Black hallways were an issue in 2019 but I still felt like it was a marked improvement over 2018.

The facades in 2019 were no great shakes either.

I honestly think it's a budget issue. They're investing less in facades so that they can put more money in other parts of the maze. Black hallways were an issue in 2019 but I still felt like it was a marked improvement over 2018.
What if we get black walls AND crap facades this year?

tbh aside from the cheesy text, I think the facade looks fine. Detail on the pages is good, same with the cover. Even though its just a book you can see how its a step up from our last book facade with Creepshow, which aside from the front was kinda a big cube.

The Layout from the Midsummer Scream Panel.
- The Facade is a Victorian Book that is opened and on the right is the Castle exploding and the Bride screaming as a Log falls onto Frankenstein. Below the illustration says "We Belong Dead!". On the left is the title of the Maze and a Victorian Cameo of the Bride.
20210814_172758.jpg

Dialogue: "My Story Begins where his story ended... but Monsters never truly die!" is the audio outside the Facade along with the "Live Agaun" Track by Slash.

- Once you enter is the Prologue ("Something Survived") Page which is of the Bride with a torch seeing the Monster underneath a Log. Next is a 3D Recreation of the Prologue Image which is the Monster trapped and the Bride trying to free him and then she screams her first word "Dead!".
20210814_173135.jpg
- Chapter 1 "Saving the Monster" is another illustration of the Castle burning in the foreground as the Bride is going through the woods with the Monster on her shoulders as the Brides of Dracula are in the Background of the woods. "He was the only one to show me any kindness.. I had to save him." is underneath the illustration.
20210814_173315.jpg
20210814_173153.jpg
The Bride has a Cloak Look to her in this scene. "I had to save him... but the world outside the castle walls was full of Monsters." is her dialogue. The Bride then comes across the Old Blind Man's Cottage that is badly burned which she brings the Monster to the Cottage. She lies the Monster on the Bed and there is a Burnt imprint of the Cross missing on the wall and the Bride is using the Cross to repel the Brides of Dracula trying to get inside. The Cross will have burning embers in it.
20210814_173527.jpg
- Chapter 2 "The Hunted Becomes the Hunter" is the Next Illustration which is of the Bride killing a Bride of Dracula in her Vampire Hunter look. The dialogue is "I hunted them. And other like them. Across the land and across the years. For they held the secret to eternal life!" is the Bride's Dialogue.
20210814_173604.jpg
20210814_173629.jpg
Then there is a huge Facade of an Abandoned Church covered in Vines where her dialogue is "The world hated us... so we left the world behind. But evil soon followed!" in front of the Facade is a Staked Vampire Bride that pops out as she is dying.
20210814_173825.jpg
20210814_173853.jpg
- Chapter 3 "The Creation Becomes the Creator" which is an illustration of the Bride setting Lab inside the Church as Vials of Blood are being pumped into the Monster. The Bride has a Doctor Look in the Scene of the Maze which is a Lab scene. The dialogue is "Here's to a New World of God's and Monsters!" as in the Lab scene she is pumping the Monster full of Blood as he is on the table missing his legs.
20210814_173916.jpg
20210814_173941.jpg
20210814_174022.jpg
Near the end of the lab are Cages which are of the 2 other Brides who have new looks because they have been experimented on.
20210814_174045.jpg
20210814_174054.jpg

- Chapter 4 "The Blood is Life" which is a Illustration of the Bride bringing a Bride of Dracula into the Feeding Cages. You then go into the Catacombs of the Church which has a bunch of bodies and the Brides of Dracula in Cages trying to break out. Another Bride of Dracula becomes Staked in the Catacombs section and the Bride of Frankenstein says "The Devil can have you back!".
20210814_174113.jpg
20210814_174219.jpg
20210814_174230.jpg
- Chapter 5 "Live Again!" which is another illustration. Underneath it says "Now I know what it feels like to be God!". You then go into the 2nd part of the Lab where there is a Huge gurney of the Monster partly reassembled. The Bride says "In the name of God. Now I know what it feels like to be God!". Frankenstein's Monster has his brain exposed and is a Stilt Walker. She blows the switch and he come alive and she says "It's Alive!".
20210814_174300.jpg
20210814_174346.jpg20210814_174357.jpg
- Chapter 6 "The Monster Reborn."" where it's another illustration with text underneath it saying "It's Alive". There is still one more Bride of Dracula alive who is then Staked by the Bride of Frankenstein.

Last edited: