Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 2022: Jabbawockeez

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jabbawockeez returns to Halloween Horror Nights with an all-new show featuring their unique mix of dance, special effects, music and humor

Honestly how many more years can this show last I thought there would be hope for something new but here we are. I’m not hating on them either I actually like them and the style of dancing they do but like it just never seems to fit in my opinion

As one of the few people this is the target audience for, I also have to say I am so bored of this now.

I really wish HHN would partner with Adult Swim to make a show of some sort. I think it would be a great show!
Won't happen considering Adult Swim's employers/ creators for the most part have detested working with Universal and I doubt would license their IPs to them. Rick and Morty's creators come to mind. Hannibal Burress as well.

Add to that - its a Warner Bros. banner lol

I saw it once, not really my thing. More time for mazes, I mean houses. I think there's so many more options related to enertainment, er I mean Halloween that would be fun. Shows are not the central focus for me, so no biggie.

Won't happen considering Adult Swim's employers/ creators for the most part have detested working with Universal and I doubt would license their IPs to them. Rick and Morty's creators come to mind. Hannibal Burress as well.

Add to that - its a Warner Bros. banner lol

Is it that serious?

I wouldn't say hated at all. I went in, saw it with an open mind and no pre-conceptions, and personally didn't find it interesting. There must be a lot of people who like them, because they keep coming back, and they have an ongoing presence in places like Vegas to boot.

Rights issues aside, bring back Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue or the like, now you're talking.

I don’t mind them at all. Personally, I haven’t seen the show the last few years only because I usually don’t have time, but the couple years I have seen were fun and kept the energy up.

However I think a second show would be a welcome addition to the event. I was never a fan of the Bill & Ted show personally, but there are plenty of other routes they could go.

To be fair, it has been improving on some years.
When they added in the Lasers, and a more cohesive story, it was much better.
I think the issue I mainly have with it is it is very hard to understand what the plot was.
I've only been able to figure out the theme back when they had the TJ character working the 9 - 5.
But that year had pretty lackluster choreography if I'm being 100% honest. For a show of it's caliber, it wasn't anything super impressive.
They did improve those aspects in later years.

Why not bring a Chucky show to that venue or maybe having it somewhere else?
I understand Insult Emporium didn't go well but they could maybe do something similar to B&T with Chucky.

Why not bring a Chucky show to that venue or maybe having it somewhere else?
I understand Insult Emporium didn't go well but they could maybe do something similar to B&T with Chucky.

B&T and Chucky used a specific form of comedy that doesn’t exactly well work today. In fact it’s because of said “comedy” that they got canned and never coming back.

B&T and Chucky used a specific form of comedy that doesn’t exactly well work today. In fact it’s because of said “comedy” that they got canned and never coming back.
I think if they dialed down the raunchiness might be worth another try.
Sure people are more sensitive then previous generations but I think B&T really had something going for it in terms of the choreography and set designs.
I don't even think Chucky would need to be heavily involved, could just simply be an MC just because I don't know what other property Universal has they could use.

They could do something with the Classic Monsters as well.
Perhaps some original musical or something but even then I don't see why Chucky couldn't be part of it.
They'd just have to keep the comments PG and PC.

But now we're getting into spec territory so I'll just leave it at that to keep this thread onsubject.

*flashbacks of the Creature from the Black Lagoon musical that was atrocious*