HHN 2022: Sideshow Slaughterhouse | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Sideshow Slaughterhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Step right up and enter a seedy sideshow where murderous geeks, freaks and roustabouts make your horrified screams a part of the show.

Reactions: Joey
Did anyone hear about why this was? Only complaints I saw was that they were meh and recycled props from AHS. Personally I don’t think they’re the most appealing props to put in a zone, but I guess since they still have them why not? What would go in their place?

Did anyone hear about why this was? Only complaints I saw was that they were meh and recycled props from AHS. Personally I don’t think they’re the most appealing props to put in a zone, but I guess since they still have them why not? What would go in their place?

I mean im not super surprised, since I'm pretty sure using "Siamese Twins" to describe conjoined twins has been considered offensive for a pretty good while now, so even though it made sense to use that poster for AHS since its a direct poster design and wording from the show itself, but outside of that context its unsurprising it won't fly. Especially given Hollywood's tendency to recieve complaints and stumble backwards into things that can come off pretty tone deaf, I'm honestly a little surprised it made it out to the street for the day park at all.
Tbh if it was a licensing issue I'd expect all the posters would be gone, since I imagine the artwork in itself would be copywritten, though maybe since it was technically recreated in house its exempt from that.

Reactions: zto8411 and JS610
Yea I'm pretty sure those posters were removed due to insensitive language. Makes sense within the context of AHS Freakshow as it takes place in the 50s but probably wouldn't get a pass as something in an original attraction. TBH I find it a bit tacky that they are even reusing those but oh well. What happened to the posters from the Freakz zones?

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Yea I'm pretty sure those posters were removed due to insensitive language. Makes sense within the context of AHS Freakshow as it takes place in the 50s but probably wouldn't get a pass as something in an original attraction. TBH I find it a bit tacky that they are even reusing those but oh well. What happened to the posters from the Freakz zones?
They still had them in 2016 for Terror Tram there was a small Freakz section before the War of the Worlds set.

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
HHN Hollywood has always needed help in the scarezone department. Really wish they would take a hint from Orlando's scarezones and add some more detailed set pieces and have at least one area where a scareactor can pop out from an audio trigger. I get reusing stuff which is fine, but it's pretty obvious how much has been regurgitated from AHS.

HHN Hollywood has always needed help in the scarezone department. Really wish they would take a hint from Orlando's scarezones and add some more detailed set pieces and have at least one area where a scareactor can pop out from an audio trigger. I get reusing stuff which is fine, but it's pretty obvious how much has been regurgitated from AHS.
It's pretty disappointing. Like sure, Pueblo del Terror isn't some kind of revolutionary breathtaking design, just kinda fits the same structure theyve used in that area since 2018, but like, it looks really good, this one is just AHS banners and mannequins sitting in boxes. Maybe it's just because a generic sideshow theme doesn't do it for me, but this whole thing just looks barren. Really hope they put more out there to make it more detailed within the next 2 weeks, since as it stands right now this zone is looking kinda 2017 tier in terms of sparse design.

Reactions: Freak
Let then complain, they have signs up and the event has been going on since I can remember

People know

Also looks great, cant wait

Let then complain, they have signs up and the event has been going on since I can remember

People know

Also looks great, cant wait
I think considering Hollywood is kinda more the flagship of universal as a brand, they take complaints a bit more seriously, especially when those complaints can be related to potential insensitivity.
Frankly, I really expect a lot of this zone to not make it to the end of the run.
tbh the kinda sad part of this is this could've been pretty easily avoided if they just made new props and set dressing rather than opting to reuse existing ones, probably could've dodged a lot of backlash with that alone, given the greater control of what theyre putting out there.

Reactions: chris.g
I think considering Hollywood is kinda more the flagship of universal as a brand, they take complaints a bit more seriously, especially when those complaints can be related to potential insensitivity.
Frankly, I really expect a lot of this zone to not make it to the end of the run.
tbh the kinda sad part of this is this could've been pretty easily avoided if they just made new props and set dressing rather than opting to reuse existing ones, probably could've dodged a lot of backlash with that alone, given the greater control of what theyre putting out there.
lol

then why is Universal not hiding them? I dont get it, put them up and let people get upset so the event gets worst?

I was a bit nervous about this zone from the beginning. I don't think the characters themselves will be an issue, but blatantly reusing American Horror Story images - many of which are exact replicas from the show props! - is a choice.

I was a bit nervous about this zone from the beginning. I don't think the characters themselves will be an issue, but blatantly reusing American Horror Story images - many of which are exact replicas from the show props! - is a choice.
Since we haven't seen the character designs yet obviously I can't say for sure, but at this point I fully expect at least one character to end up being problematic and getting pulled a-la Spirits and Demons. Just the feeling i get from how this zone's been so far even before opening.

Since we haven't seen the character designs yet obviously I can't say for sure, but at this point I fully expect at least one character to end up being problematic and getting pulled a-la Spirits and Demons. Just the feeling i get from how this zone's been so far even before opening.

Based on what I've heard, should be fine. More creature-based than disfigurements.

That would be ironic since Hollywood is the cheapest looking out of all HHN Events.

I feel like the zone should step away from the apparent ableism and the such, it doesn't even look good tbh. Hoping the changes are more sweeping with this one cause it really does look all around ugly.

May be a slaughterhouse in reused aspects, but it sure isn't for the PNG logo.

Sideshow_Slaughterhouse_PNG.png