HHN 2022: Universal Horror Hotel | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Universal Horror Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would've been nice to have those pics under a spoiler tag, but from the pictures I saw it looks really good. A lot more detailed and hashed out than I thought. Even though this was a last-minute replacement, they are repurposing what they had built for Evil Dead Rise but quickly reskinned what they had to for this theme.

Also I like that there seems to be no randomly placed black walls. I like what I see so far.

Justyn has updated his thread with more photos - I'm eating my words - it looks very well detailed and I hope the lighting at night adds to the ambiance. I'm surprised at how good it looks for being a (seemingly) sudden change.

Well the whole house is indoors so it won't matter lol

Reactions: Clive
What they did with the queue looks in incredible. Looks like those elevator pictures might be what they did with the hallway and a little further up, the switchbacks. All-in-all, looks like they were able to squeeze a lot more space out of the venue. Really looking forward to seeing this.

I wonder if this will stay in the venue for a couple years or if it was made to be temporary. Looks more structurally sound than your average HHN maze.

I doubt they'll do it but it'd be nice to have this open during summer as well.

Man, honestly some of those shots and just the way the rooms are constructed practically register as pictures of an Orlando house to me. Already had this high on my list, but I think if it all comes together in execution this could absolutely be a peak of the year.

Reactions: chris.g
Something about this maze seems a little off and I can't quite put my finger on it. Like I can kinda tell it's The Walking Dead space and was meant to be a different maze. That the creativity to do whatever he wanted was a bit held back. It still looks great nonetheless, but I don't think it'll quite hit it out of the park like Scarecrow may be able to.

What they did with the queue looks in incredible. Looks like those elevator pictures might be what they did with the hallway and a little further up, the switchbacks. All-in-all, looks like they were able to squeeze a lot more space out of the venue. Really looking forward to seeing this.

I wonder if this will stay in the venue for a couple years or if it was made to be temporary. Looks more structurally sound than your average HHN maze.

I doubt they'll do it but it'd be nice to have this open during summer as well.
I hope this won’t be designed to be repeated

Well well… count me interested!

So far black walls are hardly seen at all for this year's event! HUZZAH!!!!

I hope this won’t be designed to be repeated

So far black walls are hardly seen at all for this year's event! HUZZAH!!!!
Yes, definitely can see the budget increase at work.
Of course there is still The Weeknd which might be a little bit of a wildcard...

Honestly, I'd be fine with a repeat of this maze even then.
They could always swap out the rooms. We could see different rooms, different murders...
Maybe we go out into the courtyard another year, the storage room, maybe the hotel owner built underground and we could go outside the hotel that way...
So many possibilities. Just looking at how "permanent" everything looks. Given the lady in the hallway, etc, etc...

Yes, definitely can see the budget increase at work.
Of course there is still The Weeknd which might be a little bit of a wildcard...

Honestly, I'd be fine with a repeat of this maze even then.
They could always swap out the rooms. We could see different rooms, different murders...
Maybe we go out into the courtyard another year, the storage room, maybe the hotel owner built underground and we could go outside the hotel that way...
So many possibilities. Just looking at how "permanent" everything looks. Given the lady in the hallway, etc, etc...
Well being that this is only one of two fully indoor "sound stage" venues, it would be a travesty to blow it on a repeat.

Well being that this is only one of two fully indoor "sound stage" venues, it would be a travesty to blow it on a repeat.
That is also true.
I do know back in The Walking Dead days, it was apparently designed to be easily swapped out and altered.
So it could also be that maybe this maze was just designed in a similar fashion. Suppose it remains to be seen.

Let's just say it's a good thing Evil Dead Rise isn't coming out until the Spring. I think we'd be realizing how the maze looks as it good as it does given the fast turnaround if we had seen content from the movie.

Speaking of which...

Yeah, just in this trailer alone you can see what they kept from the initial EDR designs. (Bathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen etc.)

Reactions: Brian G. and Clive
That is also true.
I do know back in The Walking Dead days, it was apparently designed to be easily swapped out and altered.
So it could also be that maybe this maze was just designed in a similar fashion. Suppose it remains to be seen.
That “swapped and altered” for TWD was a load of marketing bs to keep interests up. There was no simple swapping. The thing with permanent attractions is that it cant be like a hhn maze & needs to be more durable or could be due to city regulations. So being more permanent save money in terms of durability.