HHN 2024: Most Anticipated House | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Most Anticipated House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated House?

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Legacy of Leatherface

• Dead Exposure: Death Valley

• Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

• Insidious: The Further

• Monstruos 2: The Nightmares of Latin America

• A Quiet Place

• Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines

• The Weeknd: Nightmare Trilogy

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's finally time!!

Gonna go from 8 to 1 on this one; but a weird bit of context: none of the houses are those I am genuinely dreading. Hesitancy be present with a few; but I'm excited for one thing out of all of the 8 houses. Hope I can explain things in that.

___

8.) Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - Someone had to be on the lower end, but I'll give it this: 2019 was a really fun time. Flaws and all; it was the Ghostbusters experience I wanted and the one I had a lot of fun with. Really excited to see what they do with the venue it's in--with how effect heavy H-Lot N is. If there's a scene I am hoping is great, it's definitely the introduction of Garaka's presence.

Also, hoping this house is understandingly cold.

7.) Dead Exposure- So discounting the element of AI art used in promotional, the thing that fascinated and interest me from the getgo is how Murdy seems to be tackling this one compared to Scarecrow. Whereas that one felt more of an art house; of something that is more of an examination of an era of time...Dead Exposure seems to be almost more personal from his research.

Think that's what interests me the most. To see why Murdy chose Dead Exposure on a research level to be the next one compared to Scarecrow. That, and the intensity of the house (something 4.) and this share).

6.) Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines - From what we've seen visually; from what is present at the facade, and that I liked what I saw of Bride in 2021; I am genuinely more up to see what Murdy does with a continuation of a story than a standalone one. Excited as hell to walk into SS12--to see it's size and scale compared to SS15.

And alongside that; that facade looks jaw dropping. Hoping this is a scenic dream.

5.) A Quiet Place - First time for UBE with the venue hopefully black boxxed! Actually more interested to see execution and quality-control in this house compared to the rest, due to the absolute scale of the Death Angels. Hoping we get Chucky-like animatronics.

Also, the ASL Representation is exciting as hell; and I hope it stays for the full run of the event.

4.) Insidious- This one requires understanding of past Insidious houses + my feelings of the franchise. The latter is simple: I have never seen the films past the introduction of Darth Maul from the first film. He triggered a fight/flight that I don't know why it happened.

Which is why it's exciting. Because knowing the reputation that the past Insidious houses have been for Hollywood; I am pumped to be genuinely terrified and scared while going through it. Debating on treating it as an original; as I feel no context might allow me to be much more unaware of what this franchise throws at me.

3.) Texas - So this house sounds like a new step of what Murdy did on Chucky. And not only that; but it's with the only IP that sent me running out of a house when I experienced it as a kid. Make no mistake, the main 3 on this list are my main 3 anticipated; and for Texas, it's a simple thing.

I want to see them go better than what I consider to be the most intense house I've ever experienced; with 2012's. I want to be genuinely terrified in this house; and I am excited to see the love and care that Murdy has with this franchise, given an original space to thrive.

2.) MonstruDOS - In the houses that I missed out on last year due to the move to Seattle; two houses stick to mind of fomo. Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count. And Monstruos 1 from Parisian. I am genuinely estatic to see El Cucuy for the first time; excited to see the El Cadejo Puppets, and I am hoping this is a visual spectacle like what I saw of the original and of past Latin American houses.

This also as of right now: has the best facade that I think we've ever seen in Parisian. It feels like a theme park facade with how well it interconnects with the adjacent cafe's next to it, and I hope that's an indictive sign of the quality of the house to come.

1.) The Weeknd: Nightmare Trilogy - I won't lie. I am biased.

Weeknd: AHN is still probably my all time IP house in what I loved from it. It to me, was a near perfect HHN house that only had one issue and that was on actor intensity.

DawnFM is one of his best works period and translates immediately to what HHN does best with. And the fact we are getting the new album in this Trio; makes me giddy if it means we get to hear remixes of songs like Hold Your Heart and Wake Me Up. And alongside that; I just love music houses. The creative passion of Murdy and the Hollywood team always shines in a way that I cannot not love.

It's that wonderful time of year again! Here's my hype list:

Monstrous 2: Yeah, this was an easy one for me. Considering last year's rendition was one of the most beautiful, most intense houses HHN has ever done, this is easily my-most anticipated. That gorgeous facade looks even better than last year's! This is gonna be a winner I can tell. Parisian is such an underrated venue for how compact it is. It forces them to get creative with the space making some really intense scares and some really solid set design. Can't wait for this!

A Quiet Place: I know a lot of people are "eh" about the IP, but I think this will be the underdog. At the very least I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off the death angels. Also this is our first house in this spot that will be built from the ground-up for the first time in two years so I'm looking forward to how they utilize the space.

Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines: The Universal Monsters houses have always been great....well, last year was a little underwhelming but still enjoyed it despite its flaws. This time the house will be inside of the sound stage where they filmed the Bride of Frankenstein! The fact alone that this will be in the Voice stage makes me excited.

Insidious: The Further: I've always enjoyed the Insidious houses and enough time has passed to where I don't mind it being back. Insidious 2015 was an all-timer for me and I feel like there's a chance this could top that. We'll see! It should at least be pretty intense!

The Weeknd: Nightmare Trilogy: I enjoyed Hollywood's Weeknd house from two years ago. It wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it. I really like Dawn FM so I'm looking forward to them repping that. Should be a good time.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire: The movie was fine as a GB fan. I wasn't exactly screaming for this movie to be turned into a house but here we are. I think it will at least have some cool effects.

Dead Exposure: Patient Zero: Look, I'm all for having originals, but I have a feeling this is gonna feel like a rehash of Black Sabbath from 2013. I mean it will likely reuse the nuclear blast scene, components from the 3D houses (The blend-in wall, etc)....IDK...I could be wrong but I think this is gonna feel rehashed from previous houses. I have a feeling this will be the budget house.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Legacy of Leatherface: While I feel like this could be very intense....I'm just tired of this IP. The concept sounds like a generic slaughterhouse theme.