HHN 2024: News & Info | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I
Not entirely true. There are day-ops employees that also work as house staff too. I actually bumped into one of my Jurassic coworkers who was ops for Insidious.

Honestly. Working HHN is like a vacation, same with being day-ops at Knotts & doing scary farm. You "get away" for a bit.
I’m talking about the maze hosts. Basically they are new hires…

If it stays this way, may have some insane budget cuts next year. Let's hope it really is because of the heat. Next weekend is only 77 degrees. I guess we will see for sure then.

Reactions: bdubsCEO
If it stays this way, may have some insane budget cuts next year. Let's hope it really is because of the heat. Next weekend is only 77 degrees. I guess we will see for sure then.
I few things

1) Yes the Heat
2) The Economy, we have seen parks this summer struggling because people don't have enough extra money to spend/they see theme parks as coming too much
3) The IPS. My friend's went to USH for the IPs, not saying there are no bases for these houses....but Blumhouse has done the Black Phone for three years now (not complaining, I love it) but that's the newest Blumhouse IP and its been at the parks for years now. Insidious also isn't that fresh and the newer films have mixed reviews.
4) Early Entry Cost extra. I'm sure it will make them more then ever but I bet when people look at the event and see how it will cost for party of 4 plus EA on some nights is 20+bucks. I think this also gives people pause because you can't rope drop any houses without paying
5) No IP scarezones, I know know in the past it didn't matter but I think linking to the Houses IPs. We just don't have must see scarezones, people LOVEEEEE the Crowz and not ssaying when you get there it's not fun but none that feel must see.
6) The Shows chucky gets a sold 25-35 min wait but no idea if the show is drawing people in, from the comments I get about this show is its lame and too PG. Purge is great but was there last year and no story chnages (yes yes new effects but only hardcore fans will notive that)

I do feel like next year budget will be cut, which is a shame but.....I'm just going to say it they should have throw money and whatever the FNAF cretor wants. If we had that house or even a show.....I feel like that would draw in sooooooo many not just people but younger people to come for the first time.
I've been coming to HHN for 15 years, this is just unheard of.....I'm walking on houses like just walking on them with General and not just like one but three of them and all three are IPs (Ghostbusters, Quiet Place and the Weekend)

it definitely under performed. The heat could be the nail in the coffin for opening weekend. I didn’t see the same hype from the GP for this year tbh, the vibes were different for sure !

it definitely under performed. The heat could be the nail in the coffin for opening weekend. I didn’t see the same hype from the GP for this year tbh, the vibes were different for sure !
Maybe but what if the event is this low until October? If this weekend isn't busy then its not just the heat

I think the Economy and IPs are as big, if not bigger factors. Because once again if its slow all month then the heat is just an excuse which theme parks always use but then magically when a attraction people really want to go to they wait 3 hours in the heat

See this is where the hear thing isn't holding much water

They are discounting days later on that wont be as hot..like this weekend. But other factors seem to be affecting this event

(also if this is not the right thread for this discussion please let me know which one to post in)

I just got an email for a flash sale promotion now through Wednesday. It’s live on the website. View attachment 23365
I searched through about a decade of Halloween Horror Nights emails and I do not have a record of a flash sale after the event starts. Not even during 2017. Anecdotally, I do not think this bodes well for attendance.

(Also, charge your phone lol)

Was going to mention that. There’s never been a sale mid-run, especially so early, other than November dates (which hasn’t been for awhile, except ironically this year). And even then, I don’t think it was announced? Just something you may be lucky to discover if you happened to check the ticket page again. I could be wrong.

In general, people didn’t avoid theme parks this week or weekend. People were outside, at the beach, and elsewhere. Oogie Boogie seemed to go as normal — you may say “people bought tickets way in advance” and most years for HHN, that would also be true. Economy is bad yes, but honestly when is it not at this point. I don’t even think 2021 was this mellow.

It’s interesting to see Universal pivot. It may just be for the sake of getting extra money after a low opening weekend, and perhaps all is normal starting this weekend and beyond, but I wonder if this move doesn’t work, will they just keep lowering the price? Close off certain days of operation? Let go of some staff? I know it’s exciting to have no lines, but there could be some scary repercussions for the event.

Was going to mention that. There’s never been a sale mid-run, especially so early, other than November dates (which hasn’t been for awhile, except ironically this year). And even then, I don’t think it was announced? Just something you may be lucky to discover if you happened to check the ticket page again. I could be wrong.

In general, people didn’t avoid theme parks this week or weekend. People were outside, at the beach, and elsewhere. Oogie Boogie seemed to go as normal — you may say “people bought tickets way in advance” and most years for HHN, that would also be true. Economy is bad yes, but honestly when is it not at this point. I don’t even think 2021 was this mellow.

It’s interesting to see Universal pivot. It may just be for the sake of getting extra money after a low opening weekend, and perhaps all is normal starting this weekend and beyond, but I wonder if this move doesn’t work, will they just keep lowering the price? Close off certain days of operation? Let go of some staff? I know it’s exciting to have no lines, but there could be some scary repercussions for the event.
I wonder too if the EA ops is helping in part as well

Because the 4 EA houses are like a mile apart, so now your helping keep lines low because most people at 7 PM coming in are going to the first houses they see or the lower lot and by that time most people with EA are heading up the escalators

If they make ops worst, I don't think that will help the situation. If things start to be less scary then it will make it where even less people want to go when Theme park Obsession, Five fires and other online outlets notice the change and report it

I hope with the sale and people like me spreading the word there is no one there more people will jump in but....if its other factors like people just don't have money to go then it wont matter what they do this event might just have to start having less days next year but this is what happens when inflation jumps up but wages stay the same, doesn't matter if this event is cheap if people can't pay rent and barely have money for food this is the last thing most people will be spending money on.