HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will point out that I've seen a few "express priority" even though those people are nowhere near the house "entrance". They'll hold the regular line while waiting for the express people to get there, then send them instead of general. Creating unnecessary waits.
/End rant

I will point out that I've seen a few "express priority" even though those people are nowhere near the house "entrance". They'll hold the regular line while waiting for the express people to get there, then send them instead of general. Creating unnecessary waits.
/End rant
I saw the wait times and rushed over to the park. Wild how empty it was-- had a blast! Pretty much everything was walk on by 11pm. But YES, those express lines are insane!!!

The general lines for TCM and Dead Exposure literally would not move. It was incredibly frustrating and something the park really needs to work out. There was no one in the park today! It made no sense!

All I could hear from people in line around me was frustration over the line process. The 10 minute advertised wait for TCM was literally 40 minutes!! We would just stand there, the Express line would move smoothly, and we would just keep standing there indefinitely with a major line building behind. That shouldn't happen on a day with low attendance! It really feels like waiting outside a club to be let in.

I imagine how the lines are run really hurts guest satisfaction and may be partially to blame for the lower attendance this year so far (In addition to the much discussed weather and lack of big IPs). While last year was amazing, we do need to acknowledge how it must feel for a regular guest without the planning we have to spend that kind of money, show up, and deal with 3 hour waits, insane crowds, far too expensive food/drink, and lack of bathrooms and drinking fountains by lines. Walking into what you think is a 10 minute line and then needing to drink water or use the bathroom at what ends up being minute 40 is a HUGE problem. Especially when its 95 degrees at 10pm!

How the lines are run is noticeable to any guest remotely paying attention and it makes for a bad experience (Low attendance could also be explained by the fact that we're in a major recession that no one is really talking about, but that's a convo for another day).

Last edited:
Alright, so having gone Thursday and Sunday I'd say personal experience game plan for efficiency is
Insidious -> GB -> Texas -> Weeknd -> Dead Exposure -> Eternal Bloodlines -> Tram -> Quiet Place -> Monstruos
Did this both without early access and with (frankly it wasn't even intentional to use the same route, it just became logical), and had no issue getting everything done. Obviously this will probably be rendered null with larger crowds once things literally cool down and once we're deeper in october, but it's served me well.
Doing this *with* early access is absolutely the move if you can manage it though, very easily could've called it a night at 9 pm if I wanted.

My routine the past 4 nights has literally been Monstrous first. Then figure out if I'm going down the hill or down the Starway lol

As far as an exact order, don't really have one, just keep an eye on waittimes & hope for the best

Are these wait times real??????
I did the weekend 3 times, TCM twice and bloodlines and dead exposure by 7:30 pm

Insidious was the only house I waited 20 mins on, then walked on ghost busters three times in a row, not line at all. But that’s not as insane as after those two I walked on the quiet place, twice there was no line at all just a walk on and once they stopped us to let express on then let general go

Finished with Monstrous which was maybe 10 mins.
I could have walked on the terror tram but it normally has no wait so I just skipped it got ghost busters and quiet place