Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Bill & Ted

VMA performances often get neglected, it's rather unfortunate. It seems like it is just too close to actual show start to add it in. Interrupting Kanye was a huge deal and meme in 2009 and yet he never made it into the show.

I'm going to say some Harley Shake, Blurred Lines, Oz, Superman, Macklemore, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Grumpy Cat, Hangover 3, Get Lucky, Amanda Bynes, Sharknado, Breaking Bad, Trouble-Swift. Just some guesses there.

Last edited:
VMA performances often get neglected, it's rather unfortunate. It seems like it is just too close to actual show start to add it in. Interrupting Kanye was a huge deal and meme in 2009 and yet he never made it into the show.

I'm going to say some Harley Shake, Blurred Lines, Oz, Superman, Macklemore, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Grumpy Cat, Hangover 3, Get Lucky, Amanda Bynes, Sharknado, Breaking Bad, Trouble-Swift. Just some guesses there.

If they think something is funny and it can be worked into the show they will. Things are added and dropped right up until opening night (and sometimes during the run.... IE gangnam style last year)

For a while I assumed the story line was going to be a "This Is The End" type plot all leading up to the birth of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's baby. :lol:

My predictions:

Man of Steel
The Wolverine
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World (I just don't see how they wait till next year to parody the new Thor Movie)
Oz: The Great & Powerful
Despicable Me 2 (why not, they have the ride.)
Monsters U
The Smurfs 2
The Lone Ranger
R.I.P.D.
Hangover 3
This Is The End
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Star Wars & Disney Team Up
Game of Thrones (Red Wedding?)
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Harlem Shake
Daft Punk
Macklemore
Blurred Lines
Bruno Mars' Treasure
Miley Cyrus VMAs (I figure it wouldn't be hard because I'd figure "Blurred Lines" will be used in the ending dance and song segment.)
Random Rock Song
Super Bowl 47 (The lights go out)
Lance Armstrong
Identity Thief/The Heat
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
The Croods
Pacific Rim
A Good Day To Die Hard
Kick Ass 2
Burt Wonderstone vs Now You See Me
One Direction
Justin Timberlake

That's a really good idea!

I agree... meaning they won't use it.

I'd be really shocked if a Miley Cyrus impersonator didn't at least make an appearance at this point. She's (sadly) the most talked about pop culture phenomenon in quite some time.

I wouldn't expect any Marvel, unless it's yet another dumb (read: not clever) "parody" that makes it super clear that they can't actually do much with Marvel anymore. I also wouldn't expect to see much of any of Lone Ranger, Oz, or Monsters U - anything Disney is pretty a much a nogo unless it's a throwaway line.

We'll probably get more Star Trek (it got a lot of emphasis in 2009), hopefully some Man of Steel fun, more Mad Men jokes that most won't get, a painfully generic "Red Wedding" joke, more Hangover because it's still funny we promise, and probably some RIPD jokes because Universal will pretend people saw that movie and thus get the humor.

If there is no Miley Cyrus THEN BILL AND TED IS DEAD...This is the hottest topic and for a show that used to be on hot topics they might want to use it. Maybe we will get lucky and see Mad Men again.

For a while I assumed the story line was going to be a "This Is The End" type plot all leading up to the birth of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's baby. :lol:

That'd be a better ending the actual ending to that movie. Such a disappointing, painted into a corner kind of ending.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see a Harlem Shake parody.

Not quite sure why you'd want to spoil it, but I found this on Reddit:

Miley, T-Swift, The Voice, Duck Dynasty, Robin Thicke, tons of Disney/George Lucas bashing (hilarious), Bieber, Kanye/Kim, etc.

How people aren't talking about this show is beyond me. It's WAY funny. Especially as UOR fans, the Disney quips are hard and strong. What the show has needed.

In my opninion Bnt has been slowly going down hill the last few years and I thought about skipping it all together tonight but I'm so glad we didn't. I thought this year was one of the funniest ones they've done in many years and never got bored. It's worth the time to check it out for sure this year and I agree the Disney shots were great!

Reconsidering seeing it when I go this week..thanks for the heads up everyone..

Curious if they still have the same random set-up as last year or is it one continuous story like in the past?