Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Alien vs. Predator

Ok there is an effect in the house that really made me jump wondered if anyone knew how it was achieved...there is a part that looks like a faux window with a dead body hanging down..at one point the body swings forward and a Predator jumps out toward you..but when he swipes at you it turns out there was no window there at all and he lunges out...needless to say, I hit the floor..

Is this a mirror effect or was I just seeing things?

It sounds like a peppers ghost. Is there anyone here that can give a more detailed description of the effect and moment? Meanwhile, I will ask a certain chicken in my hen house to see if she knows anything.

It sounds like a peppers ghost. Is there anyone here that can give a more detailed description of the effect and moment? Meanwhile, I will ask a certain chicken in my hen house to see if she knows anything.

Yeah, there's no real effect behind that particular scene. It's just an opening with the frame that could appear to look like some sort of space-age window.

Ok there is an effect in the house that really made me jump wondered if anyone knew how it was achieved...there is a part that looks like a faux window with a dead body hanging down..at one point the body swings forward and a Predator jumps out toward you..but when he swipes at you it turns out there was no window there at all and he lunges out...needless to say, I hit the floor..

Is this a mirror effect or was I just seeing things?

There was kind of a mesh in that one at first I think, I remember seeing the video and the predator was behind this kind of fishnet/mesh fabric. I think they took the fabric away. it's not there anymore and the predator is able to come out of the frame.

You can check the video for the house and see what I am talking about. he wasn't able to come out of the frame before

here is a pic: http://imgur.com/nFlKWyK

Last edited:
For being the most hyped house this year, it was slightly disappointing. But I still have it as the 2nd best house behind Halloween just for how cool it is. It was midpack scare wise, but it was just awesome to walk through.

I know a lot of people are being disappointed (I was a little disappointed at first as well) with this house, but now that I know what to expect
and I know what's in the house I have to say that this house is getting really intense. the actors are doing a really amazing job (specially the Marines) This house has really improved from the first weekend. the puppeteers are going an excellent job too.

Was there for four nights last weekend. Was my forth favorite house. More cool than scary but I really enjoyed the house. I went through the house 5 times. I'm with the camp that says the Predators were no way as tall as advertised. I'm 6'1" and if four were taller than me over my five runs that is being a stretch. They were short. I didn't encounter one 6'6" Predator. And I wasn't drunk. :kiss:

Why was the Predators signature three red dots laser sights not used in the house? I think I noticed them outside the facade by the truck but didn't see any in the house.

about the 3 red dots laser,

Not that I am complaining about this house, but this house would have been Perfect to have a "predator" actor in the roof the same way Nemesis was in the Resident Evil house but with the lasers pointing at you. I don't know... but seeing a predator standing on the roof would have been amazing to me. (Maybe adding a roar button for the actor or a spear to hold)

just thinking about it makes me wish they had thought about it. And if the problem was finding tall actors, if the predator was in the roof it wouldn't have mattered how tall he was. For some reason I was expecting a predator in the roof,

it seemed like the perfect house for that since not only did that happened in the movie but predators love to stand on roofs and stare at the prey

Last edited:
was talking to someone on the line after this and they made a joke about these two missing lol

v7twO5v.png

Last edited:
was talking to someone on the line after this and they made a joke about these two missing lol

v7twO5v.png

Yeah, I was surprised that the final room did not have both of them fighting given that they were both foreshadowed in the house. I mean, imagine coming out of that crouch space and having the queen alien looming over you and a predalien coming from the side to scare the crap out of you. It would have also been a better ending for the wheelchair guests as they do not get a final scare.

Yeah, I was surprised that the final room did not have both of them fighting given that they were both foreshadowed in the house. I mean, imagine coming out of that crouch space and having the queen alien looming over you and a predalien coming from the side to scare the crap out of you. It would have also been a better ending for the wheelchair guests as they do not get a final scare.

I understand building a full alien queen, Or even something like they did for Hollywood would have probably cost too much
but they could have at least made her head and neck, making her come out the same way the alien puppets do.

I'm not sure why they didn't try to make the queen or the predalien even though, Like you said, they wre both foreshadowed in the house.

I think the last room should have been the egg room, they should have had the egg room at the end and have the Queen coming out from where the Facehugger comes out above you (And they could even have had a wounded predator scaring people if they had that last room like that)

It would have been a pretty epic ending, and I do mean epic. seeing the queen's head above you and then having an unmasked, bleeding predator giving you one final scare

Had the best run through it last wednesday, entered the room with the last alien (just before the egg room), it was just as the alien came, everything went dark, then smoke and nothing but a strobe light, was freakingly intense, I loved it!
That is the best thing about HHN really, when you have one of these right place, right time moments!

I don't think a predalien was ever on the table, but the lack of a queen sucks for sure.

technically since they added that predator corpse they could have added one predalien puppet. specially if they wanted to be different that Hollywood and not use the queen.