Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

I doubt they wanted to do a 100% spot on walk through of a movie that hadn't come out yet. We know this was a marketing forced house anyways and with that in mind it actually passed my expectations. The creative people obviously were not as attached to this project as they were with Halloween but they managed a house that is decent enough if you don't have to wait long for it.

Several of the scenes that are represented in the maze were cut from the theatrical release. The original film and screen play Universal was given many months ago depicted the scenes you see in the maze. Universal Art & Design had no clue what was going to be cut until well after the house was finished with construction. Nothing guaranteed but we may see said cut scenes released in an extended version of the film for home release.

Then why make this house in the first place?!?!? Absolutely pointless if literally everything can just become irrelevant with a cut. If the movie house is NOTHING like the movie then you have a problem, this is why I'm against houses like this and this is why I'm losing my faith in marketing. You can't defend them here, just common sense

Then why make this house in the first place?!?!? Absolutely pointless if literally everything can just become irrelevant with a cut. If the movie house is NOTHING like the movie then you have a problem, this is why I'm against houses like this and this is why I'm losing my faith in marketing. You can't defend them here, just common sense

yeah exactly.

I hear even Hollywood got it right and their house was really good. i think they even have the "bats scene" in the house

The Hollywood house looks amazing and some on that coast are saying it's probably the best this year. This house had the potential to be amazing it really did

How often do you see trailers for movies that are completely misleading? Its the same thing here. The point of marketing isn't to portray an accurate depiction of something, it's to sell a product. Universal's marketing team couldn't give two ****s about the accuracy of the house as long as it promotes interest in the film and sells tickets.

How often do you see trailers for movies that are completely misleading? Its the same thing here. The point of marketing isn't to portray an accurate depiction of something, it's to sell a product. Universal's marketing team couldn't give two ****s about the accuracy of the house as long as it promotes interest in the film and sells tickets.

I never see misleading movie trailers, most display what they're showing pretty well. This isn't a poster, this is an experience where you live the movie. Thats the entire purpose of having IP's and if it's nothing like the movie then it's pointless. Imagine being promised AWIL in 23 but then getting only moors with werewolf puppets. Same deal, It didn't do what it was meant to do so I classify it as a failure. It's a ok house, just not dracula untold

I never see misleading movie trailers, most display what they're showing pretty well. This isn't a poster, this is an experience where you live the movie. Thats the entire purpose of having IP's and if it's nothing like the movie then it's pointless. Imagine being promised AWIL in 23 but then getting only moors with werewolf puppets. Same deal, It didn't do what it was meant to do so I classify it as a failure. It's a ok house, just not dracula untold

You really haven't seen any misleading movie trailers? That's surprising to me :lol:. The worst example I can think of is "Drive", where a lawsuit was actually filed by some crazy woman because the trailer promised an action-packed film and what she saw instead was...well...the movie "Drive". Misleading trailers are pretty common. Paranormal Activity 3's trailer was comprised almost exclusively of footage that was not included in the film's final cut.

But anyway, it still doesn't matter to Marketing. The difference between this and Werewolf is that Werewolf is an old movie...they didnt have to sell the movie to the fans, but instead vice-versa (because it's old and because since there was no opportunity for synergy, the success of the house was based entirely on its own merits). Thats not the case with Dracula. It's primary purpose is to generate interest in the film. If it did that based on what was in the house, then it's successful.

You really haven't seen any misleading movie trailers? That's surprising to me :lol:. The worst example I can think of is "Drive", where a lawsuit was actually filed by some crazy woman because the trailer promised an action-packed film and what she saw instead was...well...the movie "Drive". Misleading trailers are pretty common. Paranormal Activity 3's trailer was comprised almost exclusively of footage that was not included in the film's final cut.

But anyway, it still doesn't matter to Marketing. The difference between this and Werewolf is that Werewolf is an old movie...they didnt have to sell the movie to the fans, but instead vice-versa (because it's old and because since there was no opportunity for synergy, the success of the house was based entirely on its own merits). Thats not the case with Dracula. It's primary purpose is to generate interest in the film. If it did that based on what was in the house, then it's successful.

OH LOL, yes I have now thanks for jogging my memory. I guess you have a point but still, even if you want to call it a commercial it is false advertising. Why should be settle for commercials either?

Why do I feel I'm the only one that enjoyed the house?

It wasn't my favorite house, but I still thought overall it was good haunt and I actually liked it as well. And as for the Marketing aspect, their job is to bring people through the gates. That doesn't always lead to the best the product, but it should lead to the product that is most successful. I am sure they take in consideration the hardcore fans, but their job is to ensure the revenue grows year over year. Don't be surprised if WD is back again and another IP "coming soon" is there as well.

If that was the case then why not make a better house? why not add crazy stuff like flying vampires or giant bats? (not directing my attitude to you, but to marketing)

If they don't give a hoot about accuracy or anything, why not make a dracula house like the one we had in 2009? Why not add the Bats scene that Hollywood had? why not add vampires that looked more scary? why have villagers in the house?
It just, does not make any sense to me, Marketing doesn't make any sense. I've said this before a lot but, they want to use IPS to bring in big crowds but they don't choose the best IPs they could. And now they do houses that are not as good as they could be, and not accurate, but they don't try to make the house over the top either.

Again, my comment is not meant to be arguing against your post at all, I totally understand you, but it just bothers me that sometimes it feels like they don't know what the heck they want out of these houses and the event. this house and From Dusk feel very messy. they wanted to promote stuff but they didn't care if the houses were that great. It's just weird

but do they have any say into what goes in the house? i understand they are not designers, but who choses what goes in as far as the stuff from the movies go?

Ok so I just got back from seeing the movie. Loved it in an ironic way (Lone Ranger of 2014) but as said above nothing in this house resembles anything from the movie. Similarities include flags, tents and armor.....that's all. Again fun house but baffling to give it the same title as the movie

Ok so I just got back from seeing the movie. Loved it in an ironic way (Lone Ranger of 2014) but as said above nothing in this house resembles anything from the movie. Similarities include flags, tents and armor.....that's all. Again fun house but baffling to give it the same title as the movie
That's what I expected honestly...from the previews it was big gladiator type battles and lots of bats..not so transferable to a haunted maze environment

Half of the scenes from the from the maze were cut from the movie AFTER the maze was built... Expect to see related scenes in the extended version of the home release

Half of the scenes from the from the maze were cut from the movie AFTER the maze was built... Expect to see related scenes in the extended version of the home release

Great to know.. Thanks hate always great having your insight for clarity