Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Most Anticipated House

Which haunted house is your most anticipated?

• The Walking Dead: The End of the Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ouch!!! That's some terrible news. I wonder what the budget cuts are for (sets, puppets, costumes, ect) kinda worried that AVP won't be as amazing as everybody envisioned it being. Big bummer

Ouch!!! That's some terrible news. I wonder what the budget cuts are for (sets, puppets, costumes, ect) kinda worried that AVP won't be as amazing as everybody envisioned it being. Big bummer

It was poised to me as regarding expectations and whether it will meet them. Seems they are quite tuned in to the 18-35yo crowd...

1. Roanoke (Major history buff, so this makes me sooo happy. The possible Wendigo makes me even more excited)

2. AVP (Puppets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3.Dollhouse of Damned (I am getting such a creepy vibe from this one. And I am not even scared of dolls)

4.Dusk til Dawn (This would have been at the bottom of my list, but after watching it on Netflix, it is quickly rising in my estimations.)

5. Giggles and Gore (If Jack doesn't pop up, this is going to plummet down my list)

6. Walking Dead (only because of the length)

7. Dracula (The setting could be cool)

8. Halloween (I have been through way too many haunts in Ohio with the Michael Myers in them...Not too unique for me. Hopefully the setting will redeem it in my eyes)

Orlando

AVP: Alien vs. Predator
Halloween
The Walking Dead: The End of the Line
Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
Giggles and Gore Inc.
From Dusk Till Dawn
Dollhouse of the Damned
Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

Hollywood

An American Werewolf in London
From Dusk Till Dawn
Terror Tram
Clowns 3-D
Face-Off

1. AVP: Alien vs. Predator
2. Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
3. Giggles and Gore Inc.
4. Dollhouse of the Damned
5. Halloween
6. The Walking Dead: The End of the Line
7. Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
8. From Dusk Till Dawn

1. Dollhouse of the Damned
2. Halloween
3. AvP
4. Giggles and Gore
5. From Dusk til Dawn
6. Walking Dead
7. Roanoke
8. Dracula Untold

Anytime I can see an 70s/80s slasher come to life, I'm sold. Dollhouse of the Damned sounds super creepy and awesome though, so it slightly edges out that nostalgia. AvP's maze story sounds like a cool concept a la Cabin in the Woods last year. 4-7 are a crapshoot, but they're ranked in loose order of my hopes and dreams. As far as Dracula Untold, I'm sure all of you can hear me groaning from Louisiana.

For the fun of it, since I'm hitting up USH in October:
An American Werewolf in London
From Dusk Till Dawn
Clowns 3-D
Face-Off
Terror Tram

I do not really recall any house details of my first HHN (other than recalling that I loved all the details in the sets), but some I recall parts of the Bill & Ted show that year as well as chain saw wielding people coming outside the turn styles when the event opened.

So, based on the last two years, I think I really like the original houses...last year I did love Wolf and Cabin, but for 22, I really enjoyed gothic and Dead End.

So looking at this year, I voted for Roanoke as I think they will be able to take that one in some neat directions. I think my 2nd choice would be the Dollhouse one as dolls can be creepy and I just keep thinking about the walls in LaLorana last year.

I get folks looking forward to AvP, but I think there is room to disappoint folks due to the familiarity of the properties (not that I think they would, but I just think folks have their own expectations to reach more so than with an original house.

1. Halloween- I've always been a huge fan of the movies and have been dying to see them do a house.
2. AvP- Wasn't a huge fan of the movies, but have always thought it would make a great house and I am super excited fr it.
3. Dollhouse of the Damned- Dolls scare the hell out of me and this is the first house I have EVER been scared to go in.
4. Giggles and Gore- I love clowns and the idea seems interesting.
5. Roanoke- Out of the originals I think I may be the least excited for this one, but it sounds interesting and I hope it will surprise me.
6. Dracula- This house it dead in the center of my excitement level. It's my meh house as of now. just not sure what to expect I guess.
7. Walking Dead- Kind of tired of this whole franchise. I'm looking forward to it being so big, but I guess I'm not expecting much from it.
8. From Dusk til Dawn- Like the movie, have never seen the TV show. Just not TOO excited for this house.

for me

Halloween
Giggles and Gore Inc.
Dollhouse of the Damned
Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
From Dusk Till Dawn

AvP - Was hoping for just aliens in a space setting, but I'll take the next best thing, there is something unnerving about being caught between two hunters ...
Halloween - One of the great classics of horror, really hoping though there will be a great asylum section since I love asylums ...
Dollhouse - Might be a cool gothic kind of atmosphere ...
Roanoke - Not sure why, but am kind of excited about this, sure it is similar to zombies, but zombies are just dead things running on a strange instinct to eat, cannibals depict more of a monstrous savagery and are more animated tham zombies ...
Dracula - Hoping for a great gothic setting, really loved La LLorona last year, this hopefully will have a similar atmosphere
Giggles - Killer clowns, alway fun ...
From Dusk - probably tied with Giggles, am quite excited for this, series were quite ok and I like the setting, from a macho biker bar to an underground Mayan temple ...
Walking Dead - am looking forward to the Tunnel from in the series and I hope the prison part is better than last year, last year you ended in the prison which was a wide corridor, should have been narrower, prison should invoke claustrophobia ...