Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Most Anticipated Scarezone

Which scarezone is your most anticipated?

• Face Off – In the Flesh

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • The Purge: Anarchy

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • MASKerade; Unstitched

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Bayou of Blood

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
The period look and the seemingly ethereal sound of MASKerade: Unstitched has all the makings of a great zone.

Scare-Zones

1. The Purge: Anarchy - Based on the props, I just see this being all chaos and awesome as hell.

2. Bayou of Blood - I feel like this might be a rehash of last year but I hope a bit more scary.

3. Face off- In the Flesh - I feel like this will be a photo op.

4. MASKerade- Unstitched - Didn't care for the idea and don't like the area being used. I hope it could shock me.

In order from most to least anticipated

1. Purge- this is gonna be awesome. The movie was made to be a zone and to see all the chaos unfold with tons of guys in different masks running around along with motorcycles and possibly the truck just screams best scare zone ever to me. Definitely think it'll deliever too

2. Face off- I'm more excited to find out how this one will work rather than be. The costumes will no doubt be elaborate but incredibly curious how they'll be able to run around or scare. Hopefully it's not a retheme of 7 but my hopes are reasonably high

3. MASKerade- just like face off I'm excited to see how it'll work. The costumes sound amazing on paper and I hope they'll actually dance rather than walk around elegantly. Very unique idea

4. Bayou- bleh, sounds a photo op zone and I don't think the atmosphere of spooky New Orleans deserves that kind of a zone. Still excited for it but my expectations are low

To be honest, I'm looking forward to them all. I mean, scarezones are back so it should be happy times for all!

1. Purge: Anarchy
2. Bayou of Blood
3. Face Off
4. MASKerade

To be honest, I'm looking forward to them all. I mean, scarezones are back so it should be happy times for all!

I totally agree.

That said:

(1) Face-Off -- loved the format of 7, very much like the two designs already teased for this

(2) Bayou of Blood -- Should be a great theme, hoping the live show aspects are a mini-show in themselves

(3) Purge -- the siren will be awesome; not sure what else will distinguish it from most other NY Street/MSHI SZs of the past; done right could be the sleeper hit tho

(4) MASKerade -- hoping for interesting costumes, but not sure anyone will remember this in 3 or 4 years

I'm excited for all of them, they seem pretty diverse and like each points to a different aspect of horror and HHN in general

1 Face-Off: Loved 7 and if this is close to that I have high hopes, plus looking forward to seeing some stunning work.
2 MASKerade: I'm thinking this could look like a creepier version of Mask of the Red Death from Nevermore so hoping it will be very cool
3 Purge: I'm thinking this will be a completely hectic environment
4 Bayou of Blood: Sounds like this could be a diverse area with different aspects going on along with the mini set piece, hoping that it will make use of more of the park area to disperse the crowds too.

1. Purge (It's really hard to screw it up.)
2. Face Off (I'm really excited to see which ones they chose.)
3. Maskerade (I think the concept is really cool.)
4. Bayou of Blood (I live in New Orleans and hate how people depict Louisiana usually.)

Bayou of Blood - creepy voodoo stuff, is always awesome, hopefully a little Lovecraftian as well
Maskerade - pretty much tied with Bayou, always love gothic themes

Face off - Hoping there might be some surreal stuff here

Purge - Probably will be cool, but face it, it is just a pure adrenaline action thing

Purge - After walking through the construction the other day I just feel this is going to bring the classic NY scarezone feel back to the area (i.e. Acid Assault)

Face Off - Love the show, loved '7' a couple of years ago..this zone should be pretty to look at at the very least

Bayou of Blood - The area it is set in is the perfect scarezone area..and it is original

Maskerade - I guess I just don't know what to expect here..could be a sleeper hit, but the massive crowd that gathers in this area may be a problem..

if you ask me shiekra38 has a great point.. maskerade was missing a lot but its location didn't help.. imo this house should've been by the Shrek meet and greet and transformers building.

if you ask me shiekra38 has a great point.. maskerade was missing a lot but its location didn't help.. imo this house should've been by the Shrek meet and greet and transformers building.

Agreed, every time we walk through there I keep thinking this is perfect for a scare zone. Rather than stuffing it in between two kiddie attractions. I feel like they want to force guests through at least one SZ though.