Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24 Opening Night?

Mar 4, 2013
Warrington UK
I am looking at planning my trip to Orlando this year around the opening night of Halloween Horror Nights 24.
Do we think that opening night this year will be Friday 19th September, or the week after?

It was Friday 20th September last year.

I'll bet a thousand bucks it opens on the 19th of September

I will def be there opening weekend again for sure. Going to make my hotel reservation for Cabana next month :thumbs:

I have gone opening weekend the past 7 years (with obviously 2008-2009 due to me living in Orlando... :lol: ) but this year, it may be different. Got a wedding to plan for and Drew comes down only once a year. Don't know if I can swing more than 1 trip this year. Fingers crossed though...

I have gone opening weekend the past 7 years (with obviously 2008-2009 due to me living in Orlando... :lol: ) but this year, it may be different. Got a wedding to plan for and Drew comes down only once a year. Don't know if I can swing more than 1 trip this year. Fingers crossed though...

Ill only be bale to swing one HHN weekend this year also. My wife and kids will be heading up with me this year and the money for a second weekend will be used for them this year. My wife will be hanging out at the hotel with the kids while I partake in the HHN activities, this is the plan so far but you know how things change.

Ill only be bale to swing one HHN weekend this year also. My wife and kids will be heading up with me this year and the money for a second weekend will be used for them this year. My wife will be hanging out at the hotel with the kids while I partake in the HHN activities, this is the plan so far but you know how things change.

As long as everything works out ok I'll be there for both :thumbs:

I want to go for opening every year.. but when it comes down to it.. makes more sense for me to attend later in the event. I'd rather have 3-4 nights when all the actors are in full swing.

The one year I go down for opening and closing weekend was HHN 22. Oy.

So are we all going for Friday 19th September?

I'll be probably be there Friday and Saturday opening weekend and will be getting the FFP + Express package again this year as long as they don't change the prices all crazy-like. Ended up going around 13 times last year and same with the year before.

I come down for the velvet session at the Hard Rock the last Thursday of the month (September). Its always been the second week of HHN. So I agree with HTF that it will start that week of the 19th. Of course the last time I agreed with HTF a war was initiated :rofl:

I come down for the velvet session at the Hard Rock the last Thursday of the month (September). Its always been the second week of HHN. So I agree with HTF that it will start that week of the 19th. Of course the last time I agreed with HTF a war was initiated :rofl:

That's because you were wrong :p

Is opening weekend packed like the rest of the event? I'm wondering because we are planning to go this year, but we want to go when it isn't as packed as it was late October. God that was complete hell. We only got to do three houses and they were TWD, Afterlife, and RE. We really want to got when it's not packed, so we can try to do all the houses.

Way less crowded. The flip side though is the scare actors haven't gotten everything down yet.

When I go the second weekend, it seems like some of the kinks that I hear from the opening weekend are fixed. But that could just be that I am so excited I look over some of them :cheers:

I think opening night, from previous experiences, is pretty damn cool. Ok so everything might not be perfect, but it is just the general excitement of a new HHN.

Awesome, when we got it's usually a birthday present for me so we usually go around or after my birthday. So it'll be a b-day gift in September for me, if we even go opening weekend or sometime afterwards.

The fan page about Horror Nights 2014 Reports the following:

"Here are the expected dates for Halloween Horror Nights 2014:
September: (Employee Preview) 17th, All Guests: 19th, 20th, 21st, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th
October: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th, 31st,
November: 1st"

I would not be surprised if they got the dates correct.