Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: The Walking Dead: End of The Line

I assume it will take it's own soundstage based on size alone. I mean, basic math. 2 houses = one SS. So if it's double the size of a house.... :lol:

I assume it will take it's own soundstage based on size alone. I mean, basic math. 2 houses = one SS. So if it's double the size of a house.... :lol:

I am curious as to where it will be myself. I was figuring the Parade Building since it was there last year, it has a ton of room, and they already have an area to put the floats. Also, if they decide to incorporate a pre or post scarezone, there is plenty of room back by the Parade building.

so does that mean we will be getting 3 sound stage houses? Where would the 8th house be? the parade building could work aswell but something seems off

It is one entire soundstage... lemme check which one for you.

Too, for all of you who are upset... WD was not an A&D descision. Marketing twisted Aiello's arm REALLY hard because they wanted it back. In the end, marketing got their way.

A&D ain't happy about it.

Last edited:
so does that mean we will be getting 3 sound stage houses? Where would the 8th house be? the parade building could work aswell but something seems off

Last year it was 4 houses, with 2 in each sound stage. Unless they bring back Nazermans, I guess they will be using 3 SS's or really make good use out of the space.

My guess would be it is SS21 (since that housed 2 houses last year) if they are not using the Parade Building. Then we would still have SS22 open (which had AWIL last year) and they could make two houses in one of the other Soundstages. Barring that, I have no idea.

Last edited:
this raises a ton of questions, thanks Brian and Cooger for the predictions. The super house really does change the event entirely, I hope for the best

5 SS houses seems like a logistical nightmare. The parade building helped siphon off some of the crowd just from the length of the walk.

Here's a video with Aiello briefly discussing The Walking Dead and what's to come.

[video=youtube;92j50OgfRj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92j50OgfRj4[/video]

5 SS houses seems like a logistical nightmare. The parade building helped siphon off some of the crowd just from the length of the walk.

Where are you getting 5 soundstage houses from? If they put the mega house in 21, a house in 22, and two houses in one of the other houses that would still only be 4 houses.
That being said, may need to put TWD house further back in the park (23, 24, or The Parade Building) just to stop the cluster of fans that will flood the line for this house and, therefore, congest the whole front of the park.

If Universal really wanted out of the last year of that contract, they would've gotten out. TWD is still a popular franchise for them and the fact the house will be the largest they've ever done tells us Universal still likes the property. I'm just glad they are keeping it confined to the one house.

It is one entire soundstage... lemme check which one for you.

Too, for all of you who are upset... WD was not an A&D descision. Marketing twisted Aiello's arm REALLY hard because they wanted it back. In the end, marketing got their way.

you know what happens when marketing always gets their way on something?

things like this end up happenning....

jEcC0kVjRuBJU.jpg

If Universal really wanted out of the last year of that contract, they would've gotten out. TWD is still a popular franchise for them and the fact the house will be the largest they've ever done tells us Universal still likes the property. I'm just glad they are keeping it confined to the one house.

This seems to contradict you Milla.
My read is that since the reception last year was mixed, marketing forced A&D to not only do another house, but to find a new spin to get the hardcore fans and those John Q public members that dislike the show excited. I am wondering if A&D had any say at all in making it the largest house they have done.
That being said, I am glad it is confined to one house and just very curious where that house will go (I am hoping 23, 24, or the Parade Building) that will not end up with massive bottleneck.

I'm very intrigued by this house. I enjoyed the Walking Dead house last year very much (never watched the series though), and I'm interested in what they will do with this mega-haunt. :doggie:

Well TWD returns, not much of a suprise really.

By the sounds of it they know a lot of the fans will be pissed about it. With this in mind I think they will go all in with this house and although alot of the fans don't want TWD again I can see this being a house to remember.

"Michael Aiello, the creative development director for Universal Orlando Resort, said the decision to bring the AMC program back for a third year was not taken lightly."

"I'll put it into context -- we have never brought back any property for Horror Nights. But this is the third year for Walking Dead," says Aiello. "It's huge."

Teebins remarks regarding the amount of actors involved in this one house could well back this up.

Guess I best catch up on the second half of last season, got bored of it though to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm actually really excited for this. This year will be the first time I'm able to make it to HHN, and I'm a huge fan of TWD, so I'm happy to hear it'll be back.

Where are you getting 5 soundstage houses from? If they put the mega house in 21, a house in 22, and two houses in one of the other houses that would still only be 4 houses.
That being said, may need to put TWD house further back in the park (23, 24, or The Parade Building) just to stop the cluster of fans that will flood the line for this house and, therefore, congest the whole front of the park.

For some reason I read the previous comments as the Parade building was being replaced with a soundstage.

Not a fan of the series, nor am I particularly thrilled that TWD is coming back for a third year. But with last year's house being pretty decent, this new mega-house intrigues me.