Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: The Walking Dead: End of The Line

The official HHN account stated a few things about the house, which they are referring to as a maze.

It's facade will exist outside the soundstage so we can use every square inch of the interior.

Almost every major environment in season 4 will be featured. Prison for a small portion. The big spot and it's parking lot.......The moonshine shack, the country club, the tunnel... Terminus.

TWD is a maze only in Orlando. It's a big one, but only a maze.. There's so much more to come..

No idea where this idea of a 3-year contract came from... but it doesn't exist. Aiello said last year to not expect any more zombies for a while... clearly something changed. But I figured I'd put it out there that that was never a thing.

No idea where this idea of a 3-year contract came from... but it doesn't exist. Aiello said last year to not expect any more zombies for a while... clearly something changed. But I figured I'd put it out there that that was never a thing.
People like to make things up so that they can sound legit until someone calls BS.

Cool, thanks. I had seen that thrown out by resident insiders on another site last year.

Cool, thanks. I had seen that thrown out by resident insiders on another site last year.

Yes, thank you. I had heard the same and was operating under that impression. Sorry if my comments misguided anyone.

People like to make things up so that they can sound legit until someone calls BS.

I dont think its that, when people hear information they themselves dont know for absolute sure if its true or not most of the time, and it becomes up to them to simply trust their source or not. If you trust wherever the info came from, I actually appreciate when its shared because it gives us something to talk about. And if it ends up being false, no harm no foul, at least the poster tried. Thats my take on it.

Whats funny about this particular instance though is that the info came from one of our more condescending members who flame others for having false info or not double-checking facts. Everyone is wrong occasionally, it would be nice to have a board full of people who just want to share what they hear rather than a hierarchy of who has better info which leads to debates about who is right and wrong.

Also, its kind of a bad thing this 3-year contract is false...could we see Walking Dead again next year?

If you're gonna call someone out, pal, call someone out. The info did not "come from me". The "three year contract" information has been out there in the HHN community since last year.

I dont think its that, when people hear information they themselves dont know for absolute sure if its true or not most of the time, and it becomes up to them to simply trust their source or not. If you trust wherever the info came from, I actually appreciate when its shared because it gives us something to talk about. And if it ends up being false, no harm no foul, at least the poster tried. Thats my take on it.

Whats funny about this particular instance though is that the info came from one of our more condescending members who flame others for having false info or not double-checking facts. Everyone is wrong occasionally, it would be nice to have a board full of people who just want to share what they hear rather than a hierarchy of who has better info which leads to debates about who is right and wrong.

Also, its kind of a bad thing this 3-year contract is false...could we see Walking Dead again next year?

To be fair, he didn't put it out there as gospel; and as soon as the rumor was clarified, he backed off it and understood.

And regarding the Walking Dead, I think after the quasi-backlash from the announcement, I don't think they'll go for a 4th. I really, really, hope not......

And regarding the Walking Dead, I think after the quasi-backlash from the announcement, I don't think they'll go for a 4th. I really, really, hope not......

If what Fallow is saying is true, and reading between the lines from A&D comments on both coasts it seems to be, neither of them wanted to use it this year. If marketing people did shove it down their throats, and the event keeps hitting records, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again.

To be fair, he didn't put it out there as gospel; and as soon as the rumor was clarified, he backed off it and understood.

What really strikes me about the whole situation is the "mega-haunt" deal. People have been describing it as a way to sweeten the pot for A&D and fans. Ok, so if thats the case, then its obvious Universal knows people dislike the Walking Dead and just dont care. I mean, if they were under the impression that everyone liked it, what pot needed to be sweetened with the biggest house idea? Clearly Universal sees the benefits of The Walking Dead outweighing the complaints of some fans, and while I guess its nice that they threw us a bone with the largest house in history, it also proves that theyre acknowledging a certain distaste for it and simply dont care enough to remove it completely.

It definitely is bizarre. The defense, or "justification" which seems to be the word being used about this, is that "Satisfaction" levels were through the roof, yet for every 10 comments on their FB post of the announcement, 2-3 were positive. Granted, we're using social media and fan sites as the basis; I think they know fans and to a lesser extent casual HHN fans will come to the event regardless. It's those "in-passing" fans that they want to attract, and the Walking Dead name is certainly something that you can use on the marquee.

here's a question for the insiders (don't have to reveal anything it's a yes or no question) Is there another IP for this year that would soften the blow from this announcement and convince the people that expect "the same old thing" to take a second look and go?

here's a question for the insiders (don't have to reveal anything it's a yes or no question) Is there another IP for this year that would soften the blow from this announcement and convince the people that expect "the same old thing" to take a second look and go?

From what I have heard, yes. One that I have been told they really need to start advertising the crap out of soon.

Part of the reason HHN is so successful is because it is the same old thing year after year. Consistent will do that for the masses.

Last edited: