Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Even if they stick to celebrities or reality tv or stuff going on online, It feels like there could be a lot more they could use for the show.
Disney does NOT own everything (yet lol) sometimes it feels like Bill and Ted don't have enough things to make fun of, but there were so many other things they could have mocked.
like for example, when old Han Solo came out, Terminator should have come out with a walker as well. or something. Sarah Connor could have been used. have Sarah have a conversation with the Star wars girl about getting Terminator into the star wars home or something... I don't know.
every year it feels like they have less things to make fun of, yet there are so many things going on every year that they could use that are not Disney related.

What if they just stayed away from Disney stuff and just make fun of everything else?

Two points:

(1) Non-Disney companies can be equally protective of their IPs. Made even more awkward when they're your business partner. Remember, Avatar jokes only started after Disney secured the rights--initially, Universal was trying to win that IP (supposedly to replace T2), so the alien blue cat people were verbotten.

(2) Crowd is overwhelmingly local, writers can be expected to play to that a little. Why we get Morgan & Morgan jokes, and why such a heavy emphasis on making fun of Disney. I'd wager the majority of people in any given audience work for the Mouse or have been to WDW in the past year.

Last show was really good as always! Someone posted audio for those interested.

sounded all the same, I know being there must be awesome because of the audience participation and the energy and everything.
but the show is just all the same lol (I think they used to do more improv in shows of the past)

Everyone got angry that Jack's final show was the same as always but so was this, lol

Two points:

(1) Non-Disney companies can be equally protective of their IPs. Made even more awkward when they're your business partner. Remember, Avatar jokes only started after Disney secured the rights--initially, Universal was trying to win that IP (supposedly to replace T2), so the alien blue cat people were verbotten.

(2) Crowd is overwhelmingly local, writers can be expected to play to that a little. Why we get Morgan & Morgan jokes, and why such a heavy emphasis on making fun of Disney. I'd wager the majority of people in any given audience work for the Mouse or have been to WDW in the past year.

good points.

I just find it very strange that Universal, instead of making sure they have a show that won't get them in trouble with lawsuits, They just ban filming of the show lol... that's a pretty bizarre strategy.

they don't allow recording but what happens when someone comes in with google glasses or something like that, And videos from some of the past years have leaked. it would seem that it would be easier to make sure your show stands on its own and is not breaking any law (in the writing stages) than to do the ban, knowing that they can get in trouble again... really strange

sounded all the same, I know being there must be awesome because of the audience participation and the energy and everything.
but the show is just all the same lol (I think they used to do more improv in shows of the past)

Everyone got angry that Jack's final show was the same as always but so was this, lol

The audio doesn't do it justice. Many of the best improv moments of the final show were visual gags without changing the shows spoken script.

Umm I think you need to listen again, there's a huge amount of ad-libbing in there. It's not a completely different show, it's not supposed to be. The Hard Rock Hotel scene was great, Avatar guy and his tail made his way around to the front row of the whole theater, the extra long orgasm, they threw in the "that's a dick joke" line used in years past, they had the snow cone song and so much more!

I'm really not sure what others were expecting with the Jack show but they threw in some nice ad-libbing as well. I would have liked something a little more at the end as well, but probably better in that situation for that character that he didn't break character like Bill and Ted do at the end.

It wasn't. Not even close... :blank:

The audio doesn't do it justice. Many of the best improv moments of the final show were visual gags without changing the shows spoken script.

Umm I think you need to listen again, there's a huge amount of ad-libbing in there. It's not a completely different show, it's not supposed to be. The Hard Rock Hotel scene was great, Avatar guy and his tail made his way around to the front row of the whole theater, the extra long orgasm, they threw in the "that's a dick joke" line used in years past, they had the snow cone song and so much more!

I'm really not sure what others were expecting with the Jack show but they threw in some nice ad-libbing as well. I would have liked something a little more at the end as well, but probably better in that situation for that character that he didn't break character like Bill and Ted do at the end.

It wasn't. Not even close... :blank:

there are a couple of different jokes, i listened to it again, and it sucks that they don't allow recording, because it is very clear you needed to see it to capture the awesomeness of the "last show of Bill and Ted"