Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Freddy Vs Jason

It amazes me that many of you here actually watch these B flicks more than once and memorize the scenes.
It amazes me that you still use the term "flicks."

I'm incredibly excited for Freddy vs. Jason. I think it would be neat if nothing from the film actually appeared, but rather a new storyline pitting Freddy and Jason against each other (with a special guest appearance by Pinhead after they've fought their way to Hell.)

I'm looking forward to my first HHN!

-Andy

I haven't seen Freddy vs Jason in so long that if I didn't rewatch the movie before the event I wouldn't even know if it followed it or not. I am assuming they are going to go the direction they went with AvP though and kind of do their own thing with the material. I just really hope they get the VERSUS part of it down.That is one thing I kind of felt was lacking from AvP.

The Texas Chainsaw house was one of the most terrifying ones I've been through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Which is ironic given that Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 & 2 were meant to have more than a passing glance at black humor. In fact, Tobe Hooper was shocked that nobody could pick up on the humor of the original.

I couldn't get scared in that house because I was trying not to pass out from the stench. John Murdy had to turn down the scents after the first weekend because people were puking all over the place. Even Murdy was repulsed by it and found it distracting.

Last edited:
CI32DWLWcAEcD9G.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting new Freddy to hold a candle to Englund, but he pretty good and I thought they did a good job with it. Up until the ending which completely ruined the character of Freddy IMO.

They decided something for the viewer that was never actually confirmed in the original series.
Freddy was thought to have been a pedophile which was the reason why the townspeople decided they needed to kill/burn him to death and hated him so much. It was never actually found guilty nor was it ever confirmed. This was the entire reason that Freddy came back to hunt their children, to make the parents pay for not taking the law into their hands.

Towards the end of this movie, it flat out said he was a pedophile, which totally kills the entire vindictive side of Freddy. It made him some boogeyman that enjoyed abusing children. Notice that in the original series his victims were all older in their late teens when he would attack them.

They decided something for the viewer that was never actually confirmed in the original series.
Freddy was thought to have been a pedophile which was the reason why the townspeople decided they needed to kill/burn him to death and hated him so much. It was never actually found guilty nor was it ever confirmed. This was the entire reason that Freddy came back to hunt their children, to make the parents pay for not taking the law into their hands.

Towards the end of this movie, it flat out said he was a pedophile, which totally kills the entire vindictive side of Freddy. It made him some boogeyman that enjoyed abusing children. Notice that in the original series his victims were all older in their late teens when he would attack them.

Eh. I don't see a huge change there. Wes Craven has been vocal about the fact that Freddy was a molester. But due to a series of molestation victims in the 80s, he didn't want to look like he was capitalizing on their pain. That plot would've been very clear in the film if that series news articles were not published right before the film went into production.

And make no mistake. Craven was not implying that Freddy might have been innocent. Not at all. He murdered children and got off on a technicality. He DID enjoy abusing and murdering children.

Last edited: