Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Does anybody know which houses are included with the morning Unmasking the Horror Tour vs the afternoon one yet?

I called last week to find out and was told it wouldn't be decided which houses were on what tour until that day. I might call again in a few days to see if I get the same response or not since im curious as well.

I called last week to find out and was told it wouldn't be decided which houses were on what tour until that day. I might call again in a few days to see if I get the same response or not since im curious as well.

Hmmmm that's strange, every other year I've done it I've know which houses were morning vs night. That's dumb if they decide until the day of to pick which houses. What happens if somebody did a morning tour and a few weeks later did an afternoon tour only to experience the same houses they saw on the morning tour? That's just dumb. Having said that, I mainly want to know because I'm doing an afternoon and really hope they hit the anniversary house. If not I may switch to the morning.

Hmmmm that's strange, every other year I've done it I've know which houses were morning vs night. That's dumb if they decide until the day of to pick which houses. What happens if somebody did a morning tour and a few weeks later did an afternoon tour only to experience the same houses they saw on the morning tour? That's just dumb. Having said that, I mainly want to know because I'm doing an afternoon and really hope they hit the anniversary house. If not I may switch to the morning.

Im not sure. She gave me the reason being that they aren't sure if a house will have an issue needing to be fixed or dealt with forcing that house to not be available for the tour. Could be it is still too soon for them to know which house will be on what tour so she couldn't give me a real answer, who knows. Once the event starts we should know after that first weekend at least. Ive got the morning and afternoon tour booked to make sure im covered. I would hope they would tour separate houses in each one to prevent duplicates from happening

I called today and got the "We won't know until the first day of the tour" :rolleyes: Not sure if this is true or some kind of play to get us to buy the combo tour. I ended up just booking the tour. Spots are running out this year pretty quick. I guess it's getting popular.

I called today and got the "We won't know until the first day of the tour" :rolleyes: Not sure if this is true or some kind of play to get us to buy the combo tour. I ended up just booking the tour. Spots are running out this year pretty quick. I guess it's getting popular.

Our guide last year told us that demand pretty much has doubled year over year for the past three years.

Im not sure. She gave me the reason being that they aren't sure if a house will have an issue needing to be fixed or dealt with forcing that house to not be available for the tour. Could be it is still too soon for them to know which house will be on what tour so she couldn't give me a real answer, who knows. Once the event starts we should know after that first weekend at least. Ive got the morning and afternoon tour booked to make sure im covered. I would hope they would tour separate houses in each one to prevent duplicates from happening
Typically they have a couple of houses that are deemed as "alternates" just in case they need to do maintenance. In the past they've told us the houses included in the tour and which we're alternates so this whole " know the day of" thing is really odd.

Has anyone tried to reach out to Aiello on twitter to confirm the RoF upgrade to FFP. I'm hold of buying my ticket to just be 100% sure that its not possible to upgrade.

Thought I would share the response I got from Universal Guest Services by email:

Me: I am attending Halloween Horror Nights and have a question regarding ticket upgrades. Is it possible to purchase the Rush of Fear pass and, if I decide to attend more dates, upgrade to the Frequent Fear pass?

UO: Please be assured you may upgrade your valid park admission ticket at any of our Guest Services locations inside Universal Studios Florida® or Universal’s Islands of Adventure®. Please be aware, the value of your ticket, not necessarily the amount paid, will be applied toward your upgrade. Ticket upgrades must be completed before the end of the day on the final day the ticket is used. Additionally, tickets cannot be upgraded for use by another person or for use during a separately ticketed event, such as Halloween Horror Nights® or Rock the Universe®.

The part I underlined is vague enough to make me concerned. I think I'll just get Frequent Fear and work with those dates.

Thought I would share the response I got from Universal Guest Services by email:

Me: I am attending Halloween Horror Nights and have a question regarding ticket upgrades. Is it possible to purchase the Rush of Fear pass and, if I decide to attend more dates, upgrade to the Frequent Fear pass?

UO: Please be assured you may upgrade your valid park admission ticket at any of our Guest Services locations inside Universal Studios Florida® or Universal’s Islands of Adventure®. Please be aware, the value of your ticket, not necessarily the amount paid, will be applied toward your upgrade. Ticket upgrades must be completed before the end of the day on the final day the ticket is used. Additionally, tickets cannot be upgraded for use by another person or for use during a separately ticketed event, such as Halloween Horror Nights® or Rock the Universe®.

The part I underlined is vague enough to make me concerned. I think I'll just get Frequent Fear and work with those dates.
I just emailed the customer service and will see if I get that same response. Hopefully the way I worded it will yield a clearer answer.

Typically they have a couple of houses that are deemed as "alternates" just in case they need to do maintenance. In the past they've told us the houses included in the tour and which we're alternates so this whole " know the day of" thing is really odd.

Yep it does speak rather odd. They have to well in advance take tours of each of the houses. So they will know all the secret info and details. I feel bad for those who are not doing the combo tour. It's blind luck as to what you will get.

As for the ROF/FFP the answer seems to change with each person. Someone on twitter said they were told as long as you upgrade before October 4th. It's rather dumb we have to through this. Just make it final once and for all Universal.

That really looks like a generic answer for park tickets as it mentions it is not valid for separate ticketed events such as HHN. I wonder if companies are just using tech such as what Google uses to 'read' E-mails. The program sees tickets and upgrade and sends you a canned response that really does not answer your question.

Well 2 days later and I have not gotten a response to my email... Perhaps they are trying to figure out what their official stance is since we have been getting different responses from different places.

So the plot thickens. I got a voicemail saying as long as I upgrade before the RoF expires I have to only pay the difference.

So the plot thickens. I got a voicemail saying as long as I upgrade before the RoF expires I have to only pay the difference.
If you got a recording I would say your good to go. Save it and if it doesn't work out you'll certainly have ground to stand on to make your case.

So I'm going September 25th, 26th and 27th. I already have my room booked at the Hard Rock. Haven't bought the passes yet except for the day time park tickets. Should I buy my Rush Of Fear passes now along with booking the tour and the scare actor buffet?

So I'm going September 25th, 26th and 27th. I already have my room booked at the Hard Rock. Haven't bought the passes yet except for the day time park tickets. Should I buy my Rush Of Fear passes now along with booking the tour and the scare actor buffet?

I would book any tours you have planned as soon as possible. I would say those have a greater chance of selling out and quicker than the ROF pass would just due to the limited number of tours available

Exactly what Hockeyman said. Tours first, then buffet and then tickets (unless you're doing express).

Does anyone know how early you can print your HHN tickets out? We're thinking about heading out there Monday mainly just to get a look at the props out in the streets and hopefully get our passes so we don't have to wait in the Will Call of Death

Does anyone know how early you can print your HHN tickets out? We're thinking about heading out there Monday mainly just to get a look at the props out in the streets and hopefully get our passes so we don't have to wait in the Will Call of Death

I know you can at least grab them a few hours before event time as we try to do so every year. As to a few days ahead, I have no idea.