Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: American Horror Story

To those who are comparing this to TWD and freaking out over nothing, you are no worse than those who whined over TCM coming back. So much variety, so many unique characters, disturbing scenes and (surprise) actual scares!!! So what if the show has writing? HHN houses aren't a dialogue ridden play, just awesome visuals and tactics used to freak you out. AHS is perfect for this and if you can't see that something objectively not very good can translate into an experience like this insanely well then you're just being pigheaded.....zing!!! BRING IT ON!!

This is AHS not Glee which freakshow turned into..

I thought season 2 showed its glee roots...I really just meant to have Bowie playing in one scene as a nice nod to the artist since the show used the song a few times, but I also never understood how a show taking place in the 60's featured a song from the 70's so I think it would be out of place.

Season 2 COULD work... Bloodyface, random asylum patients, and Arden's experiments would serve as excellent characters to draw from (and don't require look alikes, which Hollywood has an easier time with). I get why they want to go with Freakshow/Hotel... more recent, more visually interesting, and less overlap with other experiences (i.e. the Chance asylum content).

Personally, i'm actually pretty excited for this at least for THIS YEAR. If it becomes a recurring thing like TWD, then it could get old. Hopefully this is TWD's last year at least. This is what - year 5 now?

To those who are comparing this to TWD and freaking out over nothing, you are no worse than those who whined over TCM coming back. So much variety, so many unique characters, disturbing scenes and (surprise) actual scares!!! So what if the show has writing? HHN houses aren't a dialogue ridden play, just awesome visuals and tactics used to freak you out. AHS is perfect for this and if you can't see that something objectively not very good can translate into an experience like this insanely well then you're just being pigheaded.....zing!!! BRING IT ON!!

Nailed it on the head! The environments and characters alone that A&D can utilize from each season can provide fantastic houses. By far my most anticipated house this year. I like that they decided to only use three seasons, as trying to fit all five in one house would've been a disaster thematically. That Murder House facade is going to be glorious.

I am excited for this. It just happens to be all my fave seasons too...

Wonder if we'll see Dandy at all... oohh Dandy!
I was wondering if they were going to include Dandy too along with some of the other familiar faces like Elsa Mars, Dot/Bette, Paul, Stanley, Maggie, etc.

Because in the description for the Freak Show portion I thought I read something to the effect of that we were going to be experiencing that house as there was a struggle for control from various people. :shrug:

Season 2 COULD work... Bloodyface, random asylum patients, and Arden's experiments would serve as excellent characters to draw from (and don't require look alikes, which Hollywood has an easier time with). I get why they want to go with Freakshow/Hotel... more recent, more visually interesting, and less overlap with other experiences (i.e. the Chance asylum content).

Much like season one, season two has a lot of material to work with and would serve as a good anchor for a second AHS house.

Seasons 4+5 do not have as many memorable/downright creepy scenes as season one so having these three together makes a lot of sense. I would also say that season three does not have as many memorable scenes as season two so it seems smart to hold off on season two and have it anchor a second AHS house

I watched a few episodes of AHS for the first time in my life yesterday.
All from season 4.
It was kinda boring.
But the Twisty scenes! I loved those. Made me excited for this house. Just the thought to be able to see the bus.

Having never seen a sniff of this show, I am... indifferent to this house!
Others seem excited about it though and it sounds like there's some good material for them to recreate, so as long as it's fun and well done, I'll be happy!

I ironically just got a project for work revolving around the Freakshow season, so it would appear wether I want to or not I'll be watching some of the show now.

I ironically just got a project for work revolving around the Freakshow season, so it would appear wether I want to or not I'll be watching some of the show now.

I am not sure what exactly you do, but I can say that up to episode 4 is good, then it falls apart pretty quickly as it just tries to cram in too many stories/guest stars. Maybe you can just watch the first four?

I am not sure what exactly you do, but I can say that up to episode 4 is good, then it falls apart pretty quickly as it just tries to cram in too many stories/guest stars. Maybe you can just watch the first four?
Did I watch a different season than everyone else? Freakshow is my favorite so far, although it could be because the original Lobster Boy murder was a local legend up here, which fed my minor obsession with the history of carny.

Did I watch a different season than everyone else? Freakshow is my favorite so far, although it could be because the original Lobster Boy murder was a local legend up here, which fed my minor obsession with the history of carny.

I mean, everyone's tastes are different, but after the major scene in episode 4, I found the only entertaining part of the show to be Dandy. Even he was not enough to make up for the all to brief (and unnecessary) use of Neil Patrick Harris, the surprisingly boring carny museum, and the overly long Hollywood finale. It just seems like they lost the threads of the plot after that fourth episode and never recovered them in a satisfactory manner.

In a way it reminds me of many comic book movie sequels in that the more they try to do, the less they actually accomplish (or end up doing justice to).

Last edited:
Personally, i'm actually pretty excited for this at least for THIS YEAR. If it becomes a recurring thing like TWD, then it could get old. Hopefully this is TWD's last year at least. This is what - year 5 now?

i really cannot see how it could get old with how much variety there is in the show... they could do 5 houses in 5 years (a house per year) and it would ALWAYS be different
how is that to get old? a different theme each time?

i really cannot see how it could get old with how much variety there is in the show... they could do 5 houses in 5 years (a house per year) and it would ALWAYS be different
how is that to get old? a different theme each time?
Agreed, and each season is COMPLETELY different.. I think they should've only done two seasons this year to spread them out