Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Most Anticipated House

Which house are you most looking forward to this year?

• American Horror Story

• The Exorcist

• Krampus

• Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield

• The Walking Dead

• Texas Chain Saw Massacre

• Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch

• Tomb of the Ancients

• Lunatics Playground 3D – You Won’t Stand A Chance

Results are only viewable after voting.
9999.TWD
8. Halloween
7. Chance
6. Ghost town
5. AHS
4. TCM
3. Exorcist
2. Krampus
1. Tomb
This year is gonna be sooooo goooood. Best line up ever

1. Ghost Town
2. TCM
3. Exorcist
4. Halloween
5. Tomb of the Ancients
6. Krampus
7. Chance
8. AHS
9. TWD

Overall I would say this is a pretty good lineup this year.

1. Ghost Town
2. Krampus
3. Tomb of the Ancients
4. The Exorcist
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
6. Halloween 2
7. American Horror Story
8. Chance
900. The Walking Dead

Honestly with the exception of TWD there isn't anything I'm not looking forward to seeing. I'm a bit meh on Chance (because I'm not a huge fan of 3D houses) and AHS (because I've yet to watch it past the pilot episode), but I'm more than willing to be proven wrong on those. Ghost Town is the standout anticipated house for me.

You know, it's really interesting. The closed Facebook HHN group (which has 10,000 members so it's truly closed) did their own anticipation poll. That group is way more casual than the forum crews, and it shows just how effective IPs can be in regards to driving excitement. An original cracks the top 5, but it's not the same as the die-hards' pick (Ghost Town), which doesn't have half as many votes as Lunatics.

But yeah, for all the talk about IPs not being effective even the most casual polling indicates otherwise.

image_zpsz4eoeqf6.jpeg

You know, it's really interesting. The closed Facebook HHN group (which has 10,000 members so it's truly closed) did their own anticipation poll. That group is way more casual than the forum crews, and it shows just how effective IPs can be in regards to driving excitement. An original cracks the top 5, but it's not the same as the die-hards' pick (Ghost Town), which doesn't have half as many votes as Lunatics.

But yeah, for all the talk about IPs not being effective even the most casual polling indicates otherwise.

image_zpsz4eoeqf6.jpeg
I've been watching this poll as well, I think this will probably also be a good indicator of wait times.

image_zpsz4eoeqf6.jpeg

Notice that the Walking Dead is dead last. I think this will be the final year of this franchise.

I still really like TWD as a show but it has definitely worn out it's welcome at the event. I really wish that would have stopped after the very first year. That was the best TWD house in my opinion.

I still really like TWD as a show but it has definitely worn out it's welcome at the event. I really wish that would have stopped after the very first year. That was the best TWD house in my opinion.

Interesting opinion; most people put that and last year as the worst two of the four so far.

image_zpsz4eoeqf6.jpeg

It is fascinating to see these most anticipated lists as a fair amount of them put IPs first over Originals and the survey Legacy posted shows pretty much the same results. Are Originals only popular with those who attended before 2012? Would those who have IP heavy lists care to share why they prefer IPs over Originals?

To answer my own questions, I have been attending since 2009 (an IP heavy year) and personally like either an even mix of the two or more Originals over IPs. My reasoning being, I sort of know what to expect with an IP while the Originals are more likely to catch me off guard since I cannot tell what is going to happen/pop out at me in any given scene/room.

I have gone every year since 1997. For me the Original houses stand out over the years for me. Whereas IP's kind of all blend together as the years go on. I agree that it is really neat to see scenes from popular movies. But houses like Psychoscareapy, Scary tales,body collectors, Castle Vampyr, Nightingales and many others are just really memorable houses. Maybe because you don't know what to expect before going into them. Nevertheless I look forward to every house each year. There are only a couple of houses that stand out that I really didn't like. "Run" is at the bottom of my list. I'm sure many will not agree..sorry.

Interesting opinion; most people put that and last year as the worst two of the four so far.

It is fascinating to see these most anticipated lists as a fair amount of them put IPs first over Originals and the survey Legacy posted shows pretty much the same results. Are Originals only popular with those who attended before 2012? Would those who have IP heavy lists care to share why they prefer IPs over Originals?

To answer my own questions, I have been attending since 2009 (an IP heavy year) and personally like either an even mix of the two or more Originals over IPs. My reasoning being, I sort of know what to expect with an IP while the Originals are more likely to catch me off guard since I cannot tell what is going to happen/pop out at me in any given scene/room.

Although I did go once years before 2012, 2012 got me started in making this an annual event. I think I prefer originals because of starting in 2012. Compared to any year since, that was the worst year for me, but my favorite houses that year were Gothic, Dead End, and even the house with the classic monsters....I looked forward to Alice Cooper, but had a bad run through or something.

I don't think I really started appreciating IP's until AWiL...and then Halloween knocked it out of the park which really started getting me to appreciate IP's.

So I dig both, but I do not need the IP's as I feel the originals have been more consistent over the past four years (save a few IP's where they really nail it).

I think it's hard to be excited for something when you don't know what to expect. With an IP, you have a general idea of the story and some of the potential. Originals end up being plenty popular once the event kicks off and word of mouth spreads, but outside of those that have memories or originals or faith in the team, you're not going to find a lot of enthusiasm pre-event.

I think it's hard to be excited for something when you don't know what to expect. With an IP, you have a general idea of the story and some of the potential. Originals end up being plenty popular once the event kicks off and word of mouth spreads, but outside of those that have memories or originals or faith in the team, you're not going to find a lot of enthusiasm pre-event.
This is spot on for me. IPs are what got me to go to my first HHN (2013) to see the TWD zombies take over the park (didn't know about scare zones). I also didn't realize it was an original-only event for most of its life until I really got into it and started to look at the history.

That being said, some of the originals for this year have really piqued my interest. They might make me change my tune about favoring IPs over originals.