What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Scarecrow: The Reaping

So, I've now experienced 105 HHN houses over 14 non-consecutive years of attending. Admittedly, I'm not as big of a fan of this house as most seem to be. But, I'd place Scarecrow somewhere between 35th and 40th on my all-time list. Judging by the response I've seen on here and on social media, it won't shock me if many others rank it in their top 20 or even top 10.

We've discussed sneaking in it our Top 25, but near the bottom.

After being home for a few days now. I have been reflecting on my 6 visits to HHN. I really think this has been one of the better original houses in a long time. I love all of the set design, and the masks and makeup for the scareactors is really good! I think this is a really solid house, and I just wanted to give my final thoughts on it, especially after letting everything sink in :D

the reason this house is so great is because the actors blend so well with the sets, and how they have fake scarecrow costumes attached to the walls and you never know who the real person is. from the half of the house to the end, where you enter the caves or whatever (The basement or whatever) there are a lot of props and fake scarecrows all over the walls and that helps the actors get really big scares. Even though I have been in the house a lot I STILL get scared towards the last half. because you just cant tell sometimes if what you are seeing is a prop costume or the actor is going to come out of the hole.
the actors and the walls blend so well it gets crazy to visit.

This house was top notch. Wonderfully similar to Tomb of the Ancients and maybe a bit scarier! Would love to get to experience a sequel to this, or a nod at the next anniversary year. It was my favorite just because of how relentless it was. I love the gorgeous massive sets of HHN but these tight intense mazes are incredible. They've been stepping up the intensity the last couple years it feels like.