Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Employee Preview Thread

So... not sure whether to get too excited or not but Seeds of Extinction is said to be this year Scarecrow, and one guy on Twitter who’s been going since 2000 said that out of many houses he’s been in SoX made it into his Top 5 of all time

Also Vamp 85 has Cruel Summer on the soundtrack and Run DMC actors. That, Chucky, and KKFOS seem to be early ZotY contenders

But he disappeared? Can I see a photo of him?
gettyimages-613093404.jpg

You're also getting a bunch of "reviews" from social media personalities brought in essentially to punch up the year. You think non-employees, given premier access to an employee-only night, are going to turn around and say, "You know, it's alright?"

You can't trust what's REALLY coming out right now. Everyone who is there has a vested interest in the event being "the best."

Not a fan of your negativity. I distinctly remember last years response to employee preview and it was a lot of “could be great but still ironing things out” or “it was only a preview so things will change”

The early response this year is definitely better than the past few years. Obviously you have to take what they say with a grain of salt because of the reasons you stated but when you compare to reactions of previous years this is way better.

Not a fan of your negativity. I distinctly remember last years response to employee preview and it was a lot of “could be great but still ironing things out” or “it was only a preview so things will change”

The early response this year is definitely better than the past few years. Obviously you have to take what they say with a grain of salt because of the reasons you stated but when you compare to reactions of previous years this is way better.
I'm not being negative. I'm saying that people shouldn't say it's an all time great year when the event hasn't even opened yet. I always say that. It's a realistic (though cynical) take.

I've gotten the sense this year would be a better year than the last couple from the very beginning (when they started locking in designers in August). But you can't trust what said during EP, and you can't claim the greatness of an event before it officially starts.

I'm not being negative. I'm saying that people shouldn't say it's an all time great year when the event hasn't even opened yet. I always say that. It's a realistic (though cynical) take.

I've gotten the sense this year would be a better year than the last couple from the very beginning (when they started locking in designers in August). But you can't trust what said during EP, and you can't claim the greatness of an event before it officially starts.

Fair point, well made.

I stand by my opinion that the reaction this year from EP seems better than last year.

I think coupled with the superior build up this year everyone is just hyped and I hope it lives up to the expectations.

oh i more meant like what scenes they were in.

Haha I was teasing in my response :p But here, this is a very general and vague detailing of where all non demogorgons appear in the house. Im putting it in spoiler tags even though im going to keep it vague and honestly as un-detailed as I can. Lmk if you more detail on it. But hopefully this can be a guide as to where to look if you dont want to miss anyone. Oh also it should be in order of appearance as well.

Dustin - Mirkwood forest
Will - Shed
Mike OR Lucas - after shed, outdoor transition scene (outside byers house)
Joyce - Byers living room
Steve OR Nancy - Byers Kitchen
Nancy (upside down outfit) - upside down mirkwood
Hopper - Hawkins Lab
Hazmat Hopper & Joyce - Hawkins Lab upsidedown (look for other characters here as well, but not actors)
Agent Connie - Middle School
Eleven - Finale

There are also some of the goverment people that get got by eleven through out starting in Hawkins lab and through the middle school

Haha I was teasing in my response :p But here, this is a very general and vague detailing of where all non demogorgons appear in the house. Im putting it in spoiler tags even though im going to keep it vague and honestly as un-detailed as I can. Lmk if you more detail on it. But hopefully this can be a guide as to where to look if you dont want to miss anyone. Oh also it should be in order of appearance as well.

Dustin - Mirkwood forest
Will - Shed
Mike OR Lucas - after shed, outdoor transition scene (outside byers house)
Joyce - Byers living room
Steve OR Nancy - Byers Kitchen
Nancy (upside down outfit) - upside down mirkwood
Hopper - Hawkins Lab
Hazmat Hopper & Joyce - Hawkins Lab upsidedown (look for other characters here as well, but not actors)
Agent Connie - Middle School
Eleven - Finale

There are also some of the goverment people that get got by eleven through out starting in Hawkins lab and through the middle school
Are the opening credits in the house?

Are the opening credits in the house?

Yes - I really like what they went for the start of the house, its an interesting adaption / take on it and I dont think something like it has been done before. I think its really cool though. If i can double spoiler this....
It starts with a "cold open" like the very first episode. Alarms blaring in Hawkins Lab, footsteps running, alarm lights going off, man being eaten in the elevator (btw, GAT here) After all the franticness it cuts to a black room with the theme and logo zooming through lazer projection on a large black wall. It gave me chills as a fan the first time I saw it. A really neat way to make you feel like youre literally walking into an episode