Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Employee Preview Thread

Yes - I really like what they went for the start of the house, its an interesting adaption / take on it and I dont think something like it has been done before. I think its really cool though. If i can double spoiler this....
It starts with a "cold open" like the very first episode. Alarms blaring in Hawkins Lab, footsteps running, alarm lights going off, man being eaten in the elevator (btw, GAT here) After all the franticness it cuts to a black room with the theme and logo zooming through lazer projection on a large black wall. It gave me chills as a fan the first time I saw it. A really neat way to make you feel like youre literally walking into an episode
Ahhhhh!!!! P.S Can you buy the game prizes?

Yes - I really like what they went for the start of the house, its an interesting adaption / take on it and I dont think something like it has been done before. I think its really cool though. If i can double spoiler this....
It starts with a "cold open" like the very first episode. Alarms blaring in Hawkins Lab, footsteps running, alarm lights going off, man being eaten in the elevator (btw, GAT here) After all the franticness it cuts to a black room with the theme and logo zooming through lazer projection on a large black wall. It gave me chills as a fan the first time I saw it. A really neat way to make you feel like youre literally walking into an episode

Ruhroh how dark are we talking here?? Asking for my health tbh.

Ruhroh how dark are we talking here?? Asking for my health tbh.

Uhhhhh it’s pretty dark, but I didn’t find it like pitch black total blindness can’t see anything if that makes sense. If you find darkness disorientating or bad for your health I would be more worried about Seeds of Extinction and Dead Exposure. Both are very dark for the whole house. This is thankfully just one room at the beginning and it’s short.The last room in the house
is very dark as well. Though, the scares in this room light it up and the scares are very frequent in the house so it didn’t feel dark, unless no one was scaring... if that makes sense

Tonight is prominently for employees as a benefit and so they can speak knowingly about the event to guests.
I mean, that's a result of the actual reason. The real reason is so the performers can get a real "Dress Rehearsal" under their belt and get the feel for things before the event officially starts. It also helps out costuming and make-up teams fix anything that may still be problematic. Scareactors really don't have much time in the houses/zones before TM Previews. The night is needed for coordinators and Stage Managers as well.

If they didn't need this night for all of that to work the bugs out, they would skip it being a TM Preview and go straight to it being opening night.

Last edited:
Uhhhhh it’s pretty dark, but I didn’t find it like pitch black total blindness can’t see anything if that makes sense. If you find darkness disorientating or bad for your health I would be more worried about Seeds of Extinction and Dead Exposure. Both are very dark for the whole house. This is thankfully just one room at the beginning and it’s short.The last room in the house
is very dark as well. Though, the scares in this room light it up and the scares are very frequent in the house so it didn’t feel dark, unless no one was scaring... if that makes sense

Thanks, disorienting environments are ok for me but my eyes don’t adjust well to the darkness so for safety’s sake I like to avoid the pitch black houses. Basically so long as I can see something I’ll be fine. And unfortunately I pretty much all but ruled out DE and Seeds a while ago, but now I think they’re definitely falling into the “skip it” category now.

Thanks, disorienting environments are ok for me but my eyes don’t adjust well to the darkness so for safety’s sake I like to avoid the pitch black houses. Basically so long as I can see something I’ll be fine. And unfortunately I pretty much all but ruled out DE and Seeds a while ago, but now I think they’re definitely falling into the “skip it” category now.

Gotcha! I think Stranger Things should be fine for you then :)