Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Tips

Alright then, so the parade houses after Stranger Things/Poltergeist/Scarytales is the plan. Thanks for the info!
If you can work Carnival Graveyard in there then you don't have to come back to the front except for Halloween 4. If you have been looking at wait times tonight you see it is very quiet and the weather is cool.

Alright then, so the parade houses after Stranger Things/Poltergeist/Scarytales is the plan. Thanks for the info!
Sounds like a good plan, and then check the waits for the tents and see if the crowds have started to move to the back of the park. If so, hit H4 and CG, and then wait for those leisurely late night tent waits. If not, hit the tents before everyone else decides to.

Sounds like a good plan, and then check the waits for the tents and see if the crowds have started to move to the back of the park. If so, hit H4 and CG, and then wait for those leisurely late night tent waits. If not, hit the tents before everyone else decides to.

Awesome, and thanks for the tip! It's just a couple days away now, and I can hardly wait!

Are the Houses for the stay and scream the same every night or do they change and are unpredictable?

I have a choice of Sunday or Wednesday coming to go along for our 2nd night. What's likely to be the quieter of nights? P.s. thank you all for the advice so far, did stay and scream on Thursday night and managed 13 houses in 4 hours.

So what do you experts think of this plan?

Going on Wednesday 10/10.

Planning to skip Blumhouse & Halloween. Don't care about Michael (or the guy in the creepy mask and the onesie, as my teen daughter calls him)

Starting in Finnegans stay and scream because we absolutely MUST do Stranger Things first. Then hopefully Poltergeist,
Scary tales, and carnival graveyard, in any order.

Then bust to the back of the park and do dead exposure, slaughter sinema.

Hit Academy of Villians (must see, daughter is a very serious competitive dancer), then hang in scare zones for the bulk of the remainder, hitting seeds and trick r treat later in the night. If we only got one of those in we'd be ok.

Does this sounds reasonable, and would we need express to make this happen or does our Wednesday date and the fact we are really only going for 7 houses mean express would likely be a waste for us? I don't want to spend $200 for express only to realize our night is so light it was a stupid move. I know there are no guarantees, especially this year, but what do the vets think?

So what do you experts think of this plan?

Going on Wednesday 10/10.

Planning to skip Blumhouse & Halloween. Don't care about Michael (or the guy in the creepy mask and the onesie, as my teen daughter calls him)

Starting in Finnegans stay and scream because we absolutely MUST do Stranger Things first. Then hopefully Poltergeist,
Scary tales, and carnival graveyard, in any order.

Then bust to the back of the park and do dead exposure, slaughter sinema.

Hit Academy of Villians (must see, daughter is a very serious competitive dancer), then hang in scare zones for the bulk of the remainder, hitting seeds and trick r treat later in the night. If we only got one of those in we'd be ok.

Does this sounds reasonable, and would we need express to make this happen or does our Wednesday date and the fact we are really only going for 7 houses mean express would likely be a waste for us? I don't want to spend $200 for express only to realize our night is so light it was a stupid move. I know there are no guarantees, especially this year, but what do the vets think?
Since you're going on a Wednesday, from what we've seen so far, this will be cake.

Might not want to do all of the SS houses first, as the crowds will move to those first and you might get caught up in that initial rush, but with Wednesday's crowds you'll probably be alright.

I wouldn't skip HoB and H4, they both have some good moments and you're on a Wednesday so might as well hit all of the houses, and definitely don't skip TrT. Seeds of Extinction, while I personally really enjoy, can give out bad runs but TrT is honestly phenomenal. By the way, those two parade building houses generally have the shortest waits, so keep that in mind.

Most important tip: (DEFINITELY READ THIS)

Have fun! :grin:

I just finished up a 3 day trip where we got all the houses in, including doing poltergeist, SLaughter cinema, seeds, scary tales, Blumhouse, carnival, and trick r treat multiple times and also got to see AOV and all the scarezones and little scarezone shows with ample time to eat pizza fries and sit and relax for a bit.

Thanks to everybody here who gave out such great information for tackling this event.

This was my first ever horror nights and even my first haunted house experience at all and it was wayyyyy better than my expectations.

Since you're going on a Wednesday, from what we've seen so far, this will be cake.

Might not want to do all of the SS houses first, as the crowds will move to those first and you might get caught up in that initial rush, but with Wednesday's crowds you'll probably be alright.

I wouldn't skip HoB and H4, they both have some good moments and you're on a Wednesday so might as well hit all of the houses, and definitely don't skip TrT. Seeds of Extinction, while I personally really enjoy, can give out bad runs but TrT is honestly phenomenal. By the way, those two parade building houses generally have the shortest waits, so keep that in mind.

Most important tip: (DEFINITELY READ THIS)

Have fun! :grin:

Thanks, Happy Bunny- was your comment assuming we DO get express or you think no problem even without express?

Thanks, Happy Bunny- was your comment assuming we DO get express or you think no problem even without express?
I'm someone that argues if you're willing to put in the effort, Express is never necessary.

Regardless, I think Wednesday's lines will be leisurely at worst, and empty at best. You'll be 100% able to hit all of the houses based on what I've heard about last Wednesday. Check it out in the HHN general speculation thread if you're interested in first hand accounts.

I’m not Happy Bunny, but I did attend last Wednesday. I was able to hit all 10 houses by 9ish, without using Express. That would leave plenty of time for AoV and scare zones and food.

Keep in mind, I was in the very front of the stay and scream for Stranger Things.

I’m not Happy Bunny, but I did attend last Wednesday. I was able to hit all 10 houses by 9ish, without using Express. That would leave plenty of time for AoV and scare zones and food.

Keep in mind, I was in the very front of the stay and scream for Stranger Things.

Thanks, Can we expect the Wednesday trends in September to usually be similar to Wednesday trends in early October?

Also, I'm still confused from the discussion in other threads as to where exactly we are supposed to stand by Finnegan's for earliest and best Stranger Things entry- can you be a little more specific?

Stand in front of ......?

Thanks, Can we expect the Wednesday trends in September to usually be similar to Wednesday trends in early October?

Also, I'm still confused from the discussion in other threads as to where exactly we are supposed to stand by Finnegan's for earliest and best Stranger Things entry- can you be a little more specific?

Stand in front of ......?
There are two pens set up in the street by the Priscilla hotel which is the corner facade. The one closest to the buildings release first and the one on the park side is second. Be in the first one

There are two pens set up in the street by the Priscilla hotel which is the corner facade. The one closest to the buildings release first and the one on the park side is second. Be in the first one

Thanks, guys! It's my third but haven't been for five years, and my daughter's first. Hoping it goes as well as my first two did!