Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Academy of Villains - Altered States

I got to see the washed out show in 2017, shame the weather killed the main show and stage but I enjoyed what they came up with.

bleh.

Prior years of this show have been so dry. It just feels so passive to watch. They were good as a street show~ but the headliner show of the event?? Hell no.

HHN needs a show with a little more heart and soul in it. Something that feels like it is apart of the event and not some strange off-beat dance show. They are very good at what they do and they're very talented, just not fitting as the headliner show IMO.

*Edit* it appears they might not be the headliner show

Last edited:
This sounds so vague in description, it makes it seem like even they don’t really know what the show is about.

Last year they basically let AoV headline an announcement with the original zones. This year they basically just put it at the bottom of the zone announcement and didn't even have a logo in the article.

I'm wondering if that's telling of something or I'm looking too much into it.

I called it that they were coming back, they have a deal with Universal, now for how long is the question but they definitely will be with us for quite sometime, can't wait to see what they bring with this show. There is a logo, it's the generic AOV logo, Aiello posted it on twitter.

I have seen the show the past two years and enjoyed both. I like that they are changing up the theme, I just hope the feats they pull are different.

Year one felt horror adjacent and I loved is so much I saw it twice. Year two sounded like it was going to lean into horror more, but then a certain hurricane ended those plans. Year three was good, but I just did not dig it as much as the previous two years. This year the word gothic has already been thrown into the mix and that logo screams horror, so I am hoping for something great. That being said, I am not sure if I didn't connect with year three due to theme or the larger location, so I am curious to see how I feel this year.

Either way, it's better than the not even slightly horror themed Jabbawockeez show that goes on at Hollywood every year

27 was my first year at HHN, and I thought AoV did a fantastic job despite having to come up with a whole new routine. They were fun to watch. Last year I can kind of agree with the "meh"s - the dancing and effects were cool, the story just felt very tacked on.

27 was my first year at HHN, and I thought AoV did a fantastic job despite having to come up with a whole new routine. They were fun to watch. Last year I can kind of agree with the "meh"s - the dancing and effects were cool, the story just felt very tacked on.

I would love it if they incorporated more intricate costumes, sets, and stunts.