Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Employee Preview Thread

At this point, I’ve heard and seen opinions about every single house that contradicts with another opinion. People loving and despising just about every house (except no negative thoughts on Graveyard Games). Opinions will change over time, especially considering Scary Tales was the house to get the most positive buzz from last year’s TM preview.

I’ve basically heard if you’ve seen US, it’s a good house. If you haven’t (which, let’s be honest, will be a majority of attendees), it’s a boring and confusing house.

I’ll wait until I experience it to form an opinion though. I’m in the haven’t seen it group so should be interesting...

Just quickly browsing the topic trying not to spoil anything for my visit, but find the recording the houses argument funny.

The lights on / UTH tour won't even let you take pictures of over half the rooms in their ORIGINAL houses and only allow photos of the facades and like one (maybe two) other rooms in IPs. So their policy, in the age of cellphones, is getting even more restrictive and not looser. And they don't allow ANY video on tour.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for photos or videos being allowed in houses.

Just quickly browsing the topic trying not to spoil anything for my visit, but find the recording the houses argument funny.

The lights on / UTH tour won't even let you take pictures of over half the rooms in their ORIGINAL houses and only allow photos of the facades and like one (maybe two) other rooms in IPs. So their policy, in the age of cellphones, is getting even more restrictive and not looser. And they don't allow ANY video on tour.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for photos or videos being allowed in houses.
those were the same rules last year, still let media record haunts then.

I’ve basically heard if you’ve seen US, it’s a good house. If you haven’t (which, let’s be honest, will be a majority of attendees), it’s a boring and confusing house.

I’ll wait until I experience it to form an opinion though. I’m in the haven’t seen it group so should be interesting...
Not to beat a dead horse, but I truly don't understand this narrative that Us wasn't a massively popular movie and that people haven't seen it/don't like it. If anything, more people in attendance have probably seen it than HO1C or KKfOS. Now, I'm biased because I loved the movie, and I'm sure having seen it makes a big difference, but to say most people attending a horror event haven't seen one of the biggest horror films of this year is just simply not true.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I truly don't understand this narrative that Us wasn't a massively popular movie and that people haven't seen it/don't like it. If anything, more people in attendance have probably seen it than HO1C or KKfOS. Now, I'm biased because I loved the movie, and I'm sure having seen it makes a big difference, but to say most people attending a horror event haven't seen one of the biggest horror films of this year is just simply not true.

I dont know, even the announcement for the house online wasnt the best. Im sure some people love it but you would be surprised how many people have not watch it just because it is not on netflix yet.

I don’t understand the narrative that it was some kind of movie of the year. Earnings were very high, but audience reviews are clearly mixed. I personally know very few people who saw it, and of those who did, they said it was “meh” with great acting, decent direction, but really bad storytelling and writing. I scanned some audience reviews and saw many folks saying the same thing. I’ll wait until it’s on tv for free based on that, and since I dislike bad writing or plot twists just to be twisty, I expect I won’t like it much. If others did, good for them.

Us seems to hit some particular audience segments really well, but miss with others. The house will probably do the same, maybe even with the same groups.

Ps. I HAVE seen killer klownz. Also crappy. Bad movie with bad writing AND bad acting AND bad direction. The incompetence hat trick! Wait, that’s four things....

Us made more money than the new Halloween did yo. Plenty of people saw it.

if thats the case them it shall have high reviews after opening weekend then lol. Time will tell.
I only saw it because of HHN, i am sure some people might check it out because of HHN.

Yes, MOST won't have seen the movie. I'm talking the majority. People coming for GB and ST aren't necessarily the demographic for US and those two IPs are pulling a lot of the weight. Likely that more will have seen it than Ho1C or KKfOS, but that's really not the point.

KKfOS - by all accounts - is a fun house whether or not you've seen the movie. US and Ho1C are much more dependent on having watched the source material.

I don’t understand the narrative that it was some kind of movie of the year. Earnings were very high, but audience reviews are clearly mixed. I personally know very few people who saw it, and of those who did, they said it was “meh” with great acting, decent direction, but really bad storytelling and writing. I scanned some audience reviews and saw many folks saying the same thing. I’ll wait until it’s on tv for free based on that, and since I dislike bad writing or plot twists just to be twisty, I expect I won’t like it much. If others did, good for them.

Us seems to hit some particular audience segments really well, but miss with others. The house will probably do the same, maybe even with the same groups.

Ps. I HAVE seen killer klownz. Also crappy. Bad movie with bad writing AND bad acting AND bad direction. The incompetence hat trick! Wait, that’s four things....

Audiences loved the live action Lion King, and all the other live action remakes. I’ve stopped caring what both audiences and critics think at this point.

Audiences loved the live action Lion King, and all the other live action remakes. I’ve stopped caring what both audiences and critics think at this point.

And how can we forget that critics unanimously hated, just hated, Ghostbusters - until public opinion went crazy embracing it. Then formal reviews turned positive as well.