Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Graveyard Games

Some stuff is better just mentioned in stories than being added in the houses, it's better that way.
I suppose. It still would have been a cool effect that went well with the story, especially since the stort specifically mentions the glowing vines. It makes that part of the story seem unnecessary to turn it off.

I suppose. It still would have been a cool effect that went well with the story, especially since the stort specifically mentions the glowing vines. It makes that part of the story seem unnecessary to turn it off.
Yeah but that usually happens with certain effects for certain houses every so often, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's a good way to keep people going into the houses though to continue to find clues, still wish they'd allowed those texts to be seen better than just having em on the wheel scrolling, they would have worked better use for an announcement video along with the videos of Sid & Nancy.

Yeah but that usually happens with certain effects for certain houses every so often, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's a good way to keep people going into the houses though to continue to find clues, still wish they'd allowed those texts to be seen better than just having em on the wheel scrolling, they would have worked better use for an announcement video along with the videos of Sid & Nancy.
Yeah, but when an effect is mentioned for a story and it just doesn’t appear, it feels like that’s a clue that’s gone missing. Shame it didn’t work, but it seems each year has a boatload of intended effects that need to be turned off. I know HHN29 also had that waterfall in depths of fear and cotton candy transformation effect in killer klowns that both needed to be shut off.

It what it is behind the scenes, but the house was still stellar with or without the effect, not many people really paid attention to much of the details, mostly just to the majority of story and to what happened to both Sid & Nancy, Glowing Mother was just one of the main things. The house still set out to do what it intended, same for KKFOS, Depths tried to tell its story but in some ways was iffy but that's just my thought about it.

It what it is behind the scenes, but the house was still stellar with or without the effect, not many people really paid attention to much of the details, mostly just to the majority of story and to what happened to both Sid & Nancy, Glowing Mother was just one of the main things. The house still set out to do what it intended, same for KKFOS, Depths tried to tell its story but in some ways was iffy but that's just my thought about it.
Yeah, both houses definitely succeeded. I never looked much into Graveyard Games story anyways so going through the house, I never looked for the vines. I wasn’t much a fan of KKFOS but I liked Depths of Fear well enough. With all three though, I feel the missing effects didn’t hurt the house much, if at all.

Yeah, both houses definitely succeeded. I never looked much into Graveyard Games story anyways so going through the house, I never looked for the vines. I wasn’t much a fan of KKFOS but I liked Depths of Fear well enough. With all three though, I feel the missing effects didn’t hurt the house much, if at all.
Each house set out to find its fan as I look at it every year, every year every house will find its crowd, people gravitated towards a good chunk of the originals and ips at 29, just being in the environment and characters of the house is immersive enough for em they did a good job with those three houses, with or without the effects in mind in all of em.

Each house set out to find its fan as I look at it every year, every year every house will find its crowd, people gravitated towards a good chunk of the originals and ips at 29, just being in the environment and characters of the house is immersive enough for em they did a good job with those three houses, with or without the effects in mind in all of em.
True. I don't think Universal has ever put out a bad house, and each house appeals to different groups of people.

Well, then let's say they haven't put out a bad house in recent years. Tbh, even Horrors of Blumhouse v2 had its moments that I really appreciated.
let's not give that one a lot of credit, the first one, I think is far superior than the second one, and was not sorta repetitive but there are fans of HDD and First Purge, I did like the First Purge portion at least.

let's not give that one a lot of credit, the first one, I think is far superior than the second one, and was not sorta repetitive but there are fans of HDD and First Purge, I did like the First Purge portion at least.
The house ranks low for me as well but can it really be considered bad? I mean, maybe by HHN standards but in the general haunt scene that house was pretty nice. I agree though that HDD wasn't the best segment of the house though, but credit where credit is due should be given to The First Purge section. That wasn't bad.

The house ranks low for me as well but can it really be considered bad? I mean, maybe by HHN standards but in the general haunt scene that house was pretty nice. I agree though that HDD wasn't the best segment of the house though, but credit where credit is due should be given to The First Purge section. That wasn't bad.

It was just all last minute idea all around, especially the HDD part, Purge part was used stuff from 25 house were certain scenes from the film. I mean coming off the first house, this one did seem like a disappoint and I know people didn’t like the facade, I didn’t like it either but it wasn’t my concern at first.

True. I don't think Universal has ever put out a bad house, and each house appeals to different groups of people.
I can't speak for the ones in the very past, there were some questionable ones but nevertheless yeah lol
Well, then let's say they haven't put out a bad house in recent years. Tbh, even Horrors of Blumhouse v2 had its moments that I really appreciated.
Lunatic’s Playground 3-D never found an audience that I saw and was pretty much universally disliked

Afterlife was another swing and a miss

It’s why I get nervous about 3-D houses

Lunatic’s Playground 3-D never found an audience that I saw and was pretty much universally disliked

Afterlife was another swing and a miss

It’s why I get nervous about 3-D houses
Well Lunatic's they were trying to so hard to fit Chance into Jack's backstory, I mean she was just an assistant at HHN 17 and then full Harley Quinn at 25, 26 she was just Suicide Squad Harley Quinn. The house really didn't need 3D, would have worked better without and didn't need her to take over Shadybrook to share Jack's story. They were just trying too hard with her that year. Afterlife was a mixed bag I guess, good concept, interesting execution, I don't think we'll see 3D houses for awhile though, I think they realized they overdid them.

it what it is with certain effects, you got ones like those that would be really good and others that are just meh but regardless it doesn't take away from the houses as we spoke about earlier.

it what it is with certain effects, you got ones like those that would be really good and others that are just meh but regardless it doesn't take away from the houses as we spoke about earlier.
I kinda think having a random mannequin in the middle of KKFOS took a bit away from the house but for the most part, I agree. Those effects certainly would have added to the house though if they were completed. I would like to see them try again in a future house with a similar effect.

I kinda think having a random mannequin in the middle of KKFOS took a bit away from the house but for the most part, I agree. Those effects certainly would have added to the house though if they were completed. I would like to see them try again in a future house with a similar effect.
then you turn the corner and see your favorite Klowns surround you as mannequins and featuring real actors, I mean loss of effects is not that different for HHN. It's not as big of a deal for certain houses. "Why is Michael Myers in a Dumpster in Halloween II?", he just is lol, you don't have too look too into effects to make the story better for yourself just go in with a clearhead and enjoy the ride.