Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Halloween Marathon of Mayhem

The show is better than anything ive seen from Disney too. I really hope it comes back every year. I hope people like it. Last night there wasnt much of a crowd at 11.
The thing is the show is heavily carried by the music of Ghostbusters, Stranger Things theme, and KKfOS.

The problem with future shows is I’m not sure IPs in the future will all have this privilege.

The thing is the show is heavily carried by the music of Ghostbusters, Stranger Things theme, and KKfOS.

The problem with future shows is I’m not sure IPs in the future will all have this privilege.

yeah i see that, but i think that maybe if they stick to the 80s synth music they might be able to keep it great. i know that next year the event might not be 80s related, but the show could keep the synth music to keep it epic

Where’s the best viewing area and how early should you get there?
15-20 minutes early (if it's a later showing, you can get there a bit later than that). Best location is the central park viewing area. If you line yourself up with the Starbucks directly across the way you are in the sweet spot. Any of the 3 tiers there at that point are good. The grassy area they reserve for the RIP Tours.

Where’s the best viewing area and how early should you get there?

I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT watch this anywhere in the park other than the intended viewing area near Central Park.

We were walking around during one of the shows and saw people viewing it from the other side of the water, as well as the bridge. You will not get anywhere near the full experience intended. The water projections won't look as good, and you won't see any of the building projection mapping.

I am so glad that I went in with very low expectations based on what people have been saying in the reviews thread. I only expected music, water projections, and dancing fountains, and not a particularly great show.

I first tried to watch it from the Starbucks because I misunderstood the advice I’d read, quickly realizing I couldn’t see the water screen projections, but I got to experience the building projection mapping in a way that I wouldn’t have been able to from that far away. Even though it didn’t have to be because of the distance, the resolution is surprisingly and beautifully clear, even up-close.

my favorite part had to be the Ghostbusters section as a whole, but particularly the projection mapping. Something about the Ghostbusters logo on the tower really made my heart smile, and the headlights from their car passing down the street was a great touch. The lights that went off during the sounding of the alarm were also a wonderful way to blend reality with fiction.

I don’t think this is much of a spoiler, but I’ll tag it anyway: does anybody know how they did the part near the end with the
neon light tunnel? It’s during one of the choral bits of the Swan Lake synth stuff. The lasers/lights/projections all line up to create two moving lines that make it seem like you’re looking at a three-dimensional space with perspective in play. If you’ve seen it, you know. It never fails to amaze me.

Anyway, my whole heart smiled at this show. It’s honestly a joy. There’s no excuse to miss this show; perfect viewing is extremely easy to find just walking up to Central Park even ten minutes before. Make sure you go.