Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Most Anticipated House

Most Anticipated Haunt

• Stranger Things

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Us

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Universal Monsters

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Ghostbusters

Votes: 46 39.0%
  • Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • House Of 1000 Corpses

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Depths Of Fear

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Graveyard Games

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Nightingales: Blood Pit

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Yeti: Terror Of The Yukon

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
Nightingales in 2011 is my all time #1 house, and given that this one is in Sprung Tent 1 (which has been home to my fav house each year for the past 3 years), it has the potential to become the scariest house in horror nights history.

Ghostbusters most anticipated. HO1TC definitely my most...feared. Though, that could be left-over anxiety from being terrified of Dr. Satan as a kid. Seriously going to have to hit a bar before going through that one.

Top of the list for me is Ho1C. Hoping to do that one as well as Monsters and Klowns at least twice.

Houses I plan to do once are
GB,
Us,
Stranger Things

Depths and Graveyard if I have the time, but not overly fussed if I can't fit them in.

Yeti and Nightingales do not interest me at all and are on the skip list.

Ooh, I haven’t gotten to do a good list post in a while. From most- to least-anticipated:

1. House of 1,000 Corpses – I think this house is the dark horse of the event, and a lot of people are sleeping on it because they don’t care for the movie. Fair enough, but I think it’s going to turn out to be what I was hoping Carnival Graveyard would be last year; an old-school haunted house/theme park aesthetic but with a much more brutal, grindhouse vibe. Trading in the open spaces for a claustrophobic tent will hopefully up the scare factor as well.

2. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon – Attack of the Swamp Yeti was the scariest scene of whole event for me last year, so I’m on board for a full house. Bummer it won’t be cold, but the snowy, woodsy environment should be neat. I’m also sticking to my feeling the HHN bear will show up in this house.

3. Graveyard Games – Based on description alone, this feels the most like an old-school HHN house. I’m intrigued by the fact that they’re setting up a narrative for this one, and wonder how much of a through line it will be through the house. And, of course, cemeteries lend themselves to some beautiful, eerie imagery.

4. Ghostbusters – I have zero doubt this will be the most jaw-dropping house of the event, if you time it right. Like other special-effects driven houses, if you see everything, it’s probably the house of the year, but if not it’s a big disappointment. However, I think this will fare a bit better for me than Poltergeist last year since the movies have more material to work with by way of scares.

5. Us – I was pulling for this IP even since I saw the movie, and happy it made the jump. Honestly, just the excitement of the boardwalk façade into a mirror maze into the tunnels has me sold. The only reason it’s this far down is because it’s a last-minute addition to the lineup, and I’m dreading a repeat of Halloween 4 with a movie I actually love.

6. Stranger Things – It’ll probably be good, but I think will be like AHS volume 2 and feel a little been there, done that. I think the fact that seasons 2 & 3 will be combined also hurts the maze. Last year’s maze felt slight already, so I’m nervous that this year will feel even more condensed.

7. Universal Classic Monsters – I love the monsters, and Frankenstein is one of my favorite movies of all time, so seeing them in the flesh is awesome. That being said, I find them more iconic than scary so I wonder how I’m going to actually react to the house. Also, reusing Hollywood’s art from last year and the suggestion of bringing previous scenes back kinda gives me a vibe this is a filler house and not really a passion project. Probably an unfair assumption, but what can you do?

8. Killer Klowns from Outer Space – After rewatching the movie, I’d rather they just bring back the clowns in an expanded scarezone + more props than do a house. The fun of the Klowns, in both the zone and the movie, are their antics and interactions with people. Relegating them to boo holes and eprompts seems like a waste. The trade-off is getting to walk in the interior of the Klown spaceship, but considering it’s almost entirely painted flats and black walls in the movie, it doesn’t feel worth it.

9. Depths of Fear – I have a gut feeling this will be mediocre. I have no idea why, really. Maybe it’s because based on the information we know about it, it feels like the underwater setting isn’t core to the house to me. Hopefully I’m wrong.

10. Nightingales: Blood Pit – Setting an ancient Rome house in a tent feels like a complete waste. Also the gimmick that this the “gory” house doesn’t do all that much for me when House of 1,000 Corpses will also be bloody with a setting I’m way more interested in.

1) Ghostbusters: Has topped my wish list for years. Favorite comedy ever, saw it multiple times in the Summer of ‘84. Nostalgia alone would put it here. But … I also think it can be genuinely scary, with innovative designs and effects. And dark comedy houses done right tend to be my favorites. Highest of hopes for this one, trusting the creative team to love the IP like I do and bring their A-game. Real potential to slide into my Top 10 GOAT.

2) Universal Monsters: I’ve long said I’d be ok with their presence at the event every year. To me, the classic monsters are Halloween and horror. Previous houses featuring them have mostly been solid (Dracula the weak link). Looking forward to new takes on old friends. And, yes! Creature from the Black Lagoon!

3) Graveyard Games: sounds simple, but also like it will have a traditional Halloween/haunted house vibe, which is right in my wheelhouse. Hoping for echoes of Winter’s Night, Wyndot Estate, possibly even a bit of The Hallow, all personal favorites. Hope the cast brings the scares to compliment the sure-to-be impressive set design. My sleeper pick for HotY.

4) Nightingales--Blood Pit: shows how strong a year this is that this is only middle of the pack. Loved the original, could see the coliseum setting working. Promise of record levels of blood and gore has me excited, definitely a house that could highlight that to its advantage. My only concern is that pre-1800 history houses rarely work for me—hope this doesn’t turn out to be Hades or Dracula Untold 2.0.

5) Yeti—Terror of the Yukon: loved the single scene last year, it was a highlight of the house. Looks like this will be less tongue-in-cheek, but I can’t decide if that’s a good or bad thing. Also not sure what the variety of scares will be here, or if they can pull off “cold climate” in a tent. Honestly the biggest question mark for me this year—I suspect come November it’s either top 3 or bottom 3 but could go either way.

6) Stranger Things II: love the show, but 2018 house was just alright with me. More re-creation than haunt. Season 2 the weakest, and I feel like a lot of what we’ll likely see—arcade, lab—we’ve saw just last year in All-Night Die-In. Hope the creature designs and inevitable Starcourt Mall impress me.

7) Killer Klownz: I hate the movie. Wasn’t a fan of the Zone last year. But I also said last year, "should’ve been a house,” fits the IP better. Looking forward to cotton candy cocoons and hopefully a sick puppet balloon dog. Could be a fun one, or oversize costumes could make it a dud.

8) Depths of Fear: was more excited when I thought it would be an Atlantis/Marianas Trench vibe. Hi-tech future houses never seem to work that well for me, and this feels more underwater lab than underwater. Also “miners” reminds me of Terror Mines, a bottom 5 of all time for me. Would love to be surprised by this one but I’m guessing it ends up near the bottom this year.

9) House of a 1,000 Corpses: I‘m too old by like half a generation to be a Rob Zombie fan, but I get the appeal—if this was an Iron Maiden house, I’d fangirl hard. Probably catch the movie before the event, I might even like it. In any case, I know enough to expect a lineup of unique, gory characters, so if nothing else that should be interesting visually.

10) Us: Yet to see the movie. Thought Get Out was an overly-stretched-out Twilight Zone episode so I was in no rush. Everything I’ve seen, tho, suggests the setting is yet another modern-day suburban home. Time to pull out the staircase and the kitchen and the … <yawn>. Solid cast might save this one but using a racially charged work for a fun park haunted house in 2019 just seems like a potential minefield.

1. Killer Klowns - LOVE this movie. I'm a child of the 80s and "discovered" it in a video store and loved it. I probably rented it 20 times - every time I had a sleepover in my formative years. LOVED the zone last year and think this will be awesome. I hope the maze is cheezy and cheap as hell as that what it deserves.
  2. Depths of Fear - Claustrophobic houses are always my favorite. If they have an illusion of being underwater, that will be amazing. Leviathan was one of my favorite HBO movies of all time (aka a movie that seemed to be one the channel non-stop and I'd watch it every time, no matter what part of the movie I tuned in to).
  3. Ghostbusters - don't care if it's not scary, I'm just going to take my time and slowly walk through (pissing off everybody behind me) taking in all the amazing scenery.
  4. Graveyard - If not for Legacy telling us that it's everybody's favorite from the inside, this would probably be much lower. That has me excited.
  5. Yeti - Big Hulking Actors in Yeti suits. That's all I need.
  6. Nightengales - loved the original, the lack of details just does nothing for me.
  7. Classic Monsters - Sure I'll love this. But it just seems old, boring and stale to me. But as long as it has good scenics and scares, it will shoot up my post-event list.
  8. Stranger Things - I think it was #10 on my hype list last year and I really enjoyed it! Will do it every night with express, but would never wait in a line over 45min for it. Sure I'll enjoy it.
  9. House of 1000 Corpses - I don't like Rob Zombie movies and tried to watch this a couple times, but just don't like the cinematography or anything else. BUT, it does have great sets that I can see being great for a house. And if they blast music the whole time, that will win me over. I have a feeling this will be my "sleeper hit" of the event.
  10. Us - As I said elsewhere, the movie just didn't do it for me. It's an awesome concept and was a great trailer, but the movie just ruined the premise for me. Have zero interest in this and don't think it will climb any higher on my post-event review.

This is going to be my first HHN and I'm only going one night unfortunately. Im not even sure I'm going to be able to hit them all with wait times plus night rides of stuff that is open, beer, food, scare zones, Academy Of Villains. Anyways, 3 MUST DOs for me are:

Ghostbusters

Us

Classic Monsters

Monsters is probably the one I'm most excited/scared about. I haven't been to a haunted house in years to be perfectly honest so I'm just gonna go for it here guys. Cant wait though!

10. Jordan Peele's Us
I saw this movie in theaters and I liked it a lot honestly, and I think haunt wise, it had more potential than Get Out. Buttt, I just didn't see it "working" for reasons I've already stated. What makes Us more personal than just a slasher is that you're fighting a twisted version of you. That is lost in a Horror Nights setting, and no, I do not think they're gonna do some wacky face tech. Honestly, I'd prefer if they don't. I just see it looking way goofy. There is some fun characters and settings in here. I am legit excited to see The Tethered come after us (especially my favorite Tethered, drunken douche neighbor dad). Sets like the funhouse on the pier and the bunkers should be fun to see. But along with the other points, the lateness of this house (despite the time it had to come in) does need to be acknowledged. I just hope there's no chance it's unfinished by EP. But, with slight spoilers for my general at the end, this is still pretty good for a #10 house. Give me this as an idea over either HofBlumhouse concept or like Halloween 4 or even any 3D maze any day.

9. Stranger Things 2019
Good news, I've actually watched the whole show this time! Despite having not watched ten full minutes of the show last year, I...decently enjoyed the maze last year. It was near the bottom, but man 28 was a good year so compared to other years, that was still a compliment. So why is it still so low? Just not looking as forward to it, I think the originals and other IP's have more potential to surprise me with how things are re/created. I expect what we see here to be right out of the show as it just about was last year. Which should be fun for a few things specifically, most specifically the inevitable finale of the endgame from ST3. Sounds like they're doing it, and I expect it to be awesome. Ultimately though, I liked the show, maybe even loved it a bit, but I never felt the full on attachment some have for it. Hence, I will probably have the same feeling I had last year, where no matter how cool it is, it's still going to have an all time worst wait in HHN history nightly. You'd need the best house in the world for me not to take that into account.

8. Depths Of Fear
There's something about this maze that...just doesn't feel right. I don't know if it's one specific thing or the whole thing. I do love the concept of underwater horror, and the kinda tribute to the 80's films. There is the brief Knott's controversy that has to be acknowledged, and I am of the opinion that crossover is inevitable at times in regards to these things. Though I will say HHN didn't do itself any favors with the naming, which...is very generic for an underwater maze in my opinion. "Underwater Hype Word" of Fear. The whole "taken over humans instead of aliens" thing...yeah it's a little bothersome I'll admit, but knowing it in advance makes it an easier pill to swallow. But all those things together and this is just kinda screaming "Prepare for disappointment" for me.

7. Graveyard Games
This was originally my #9, right above Us, but the opinions being displayed by people in the know about their excitement...has made me up my expectations just a bit. I'm definitely not going haywire and putting it in my top 5 right away though. I'm being very careful with this one. To say my opinion flat, this concept...doesn't speak to me. Feels a bit flat, boring. Like I feel like I could definitely envision it anywhere else. The Facebook aspect is...unique I'll say that much, and it seems there could be quite a bit of lore to unpack. I'm definitely going to try and get in with a very open mind and cross my fingers that it is one of the scariest houses in HHN history, as I've already heard some people say. I don't know, I think some people are going off of way early word of mouth and I just think some people are gonna end up a little let down.

6. House Of 1000 Corpses
I don't love Rob Zombie, but I definitely don't hate him. I've wanted HOTC to come to Orlando for a while, since those Hollywood mazes did look very cool, and it always makes an interesting analysis to see how the coasts do things differently. If anything were to come from Rob Zombie, this would be what I want. I expect some great visuals here from the Museum to the titular House. Location is the big worry for me here because Tent 3 has already historically been associated with dump houses. LP3D, and I will include both Blumhouses, since let's be real, with all the calamity that went on, they probably didn't expect Blumhouse 1 to get the weird dark horsey reception it got from some (including yours truly). I just hope that doesn't speak to the priorities and they've made this a good show.

5. Nightingales - Blood Pit
As a more recent attendee, I am pumped to get a full Nightingales house again. And as a major fan of history, I love the idea of the Ancient Rome setting and the little details they've put out already are helping a lot. Everything about this maze screams "Dead Exposure - PZ" to me and that to me, was the scariest HHN house I've been in, so...my expectations...are up there. Someone already complained that the Ancient Rome feels wasted in a tent and I nearly said the same thing, but then I happened to recall I literally made the exact same remark about Paris last year. And then looked like a clown after my first go through so I'm keeping my lips zipped this time.

4. YETI - Terror Of The Yukon
I had a big long debate about this or Nightingales winning out the best original spot, and I gave this the edge in the end. The Swamp Yeti was absolutely terrifying last year, got a jump out of me each time. If it's that but longer and with snow, it's going to be good already. But I think there is some cool set potential here with busted open camps and it sounds like they're going to do blood and gore...and red on white is my aesthetic. What worries me here? The YETI design. That...will make or break this house. Because it sounds like they're doing this serious...but boy I am very worried about them making the Yeti look goofy, accidentally or intentionally. Don't let me down.

3. Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Basically insert my Trick R Treat analysis from last year here. If I liked the scarezone...why wouldn't I liked an extended, way more thought out version of it? The Klowns scarezone was obviously way more flawed due to small location and lack of props, so this needed a maze wayyy more. They're also (by key art and video) playing this...shockingly serious it seems. The big issue here once again comes in location. Shrek Theater is like...the smallest location if I'm right? And the Klowns have big costumes. That...feels like an error in logistics. If that ends up being fine, then the house itself should work out. Just that if to consider.

2. Ghostbusters
I did not think I would be so pumped for this, but the second the announcement came out I knew this was in my Top 3. The potential here may very well be limitless. I'm very interested to see how everything is executed. I don't have one specific scene I want to see, I just want to see everything. Just lay it all on us. The passion here is going to be top notch. This is one of those "must not fail" mazes to A&D probably. And the track record there is very nice for me...with the Shining exception, but Poltergeist being the year after that is making me call a fluke on that one.

1. Universal Monsters
I lovvvee me some Classic Monsters. I was very jealous we didn't get that Monsters maze last year, and I was a little sad because I was sure we were gonna have to wait until 30. But thankfully it's coming this year and with the admittedly cool redesigns so I'm one hundred percent down with this. This is going to be in my Top 5 no matter how it pops out until they somehow completely miss the mark, which would be madness to me. There's no way in my mind they can't at least get a decent run out of their monsters. Not too pumped for the line, but I'll over come it.

Most Likely To Rise
The obvious answer is Graveyard Games. Just due to all the hype already coming to it, but I want to be unique, so I'm actually going to say that Depths Of Fear will end up shocking me. The previous claustrophobic tent houses are both ranked very high for me. I felt Seeds didn't really commit to the concept.

Most Likely To Fall
Probably the YETI. It's gonna come down to the design, so I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. It's the only SoundStage original this year so it's got a lot to live up to.

Overall
No question about it, this is the BEST IP lineup at a Horror Nights event since 23. The worst IP is very much divisive and even then there's quite a few people who themselves have it high. You wouldn't see anyone putting Blumhouse 2 in their Top 3, or Halloween 4. That speaks to how well they've created this portion of the lineup. There is an IP for everyone here.

Originals...are not as impressive to me as 28's on the base looks. All of 28's originals had a sense of fun to them and generally stood out more to me. It's not the least impressive original lineup, but I don't see the ceilings as high this year.

But overall, I think this is a better lineup than 28. There is something here in general for everyone, and for all the complaints about stuff like Ghostbusters, the lines are still going to be as bad if not worse than last year. ST, Ghostbusters, Us, and the Klowns people will recognize from last year all in front? Looks like I'll be heading to the back first again. I think, intentionally or not, it is notable that the back is seemingly going to have the grittier mazes, whilst the front is going to (mainly) have the more digestible mazes.

1) Ghostbusters: Has topped my wish list for years. Favorite comedy ever, saw it multiple times in the Summer of ‘84. Nostalgia alone would put it here. But … I also think it can be genuinely scary, with innovative designs and effects. And dark comedy houses done right tend to be my favorites. Highest of hopes for this one, trusting the creative team to love the IP like I do and bring their A-game. Real potential to slide into my Top 10 GOAT.

This. (minus I was not born in '84 so I couldn't watch it multiple times)

1) Universal Monsters- I have always wanted to see them at HHN! They haven been at the event before but with me I have never saw them in a house, since I started going in 2013. With Hollywood’s success last year with it, I can’t see Orlando dropping the ball on this.
You can’t go wrong with the classics epically with making them scary!

2) Nightingales: Blood Pit- I have heard how Nightingales: Blood Prey was a good house and I wish I could have gone though the house. With my love of Greek/Roman mythology and history, this couldn’t be better!

3) Yeti: Terror of the Yukon- Swamp Yeti was my favorite in SS last year so a house fully about a yeti will be awesome! I also love camping and being in a log cabin with everything about it. I wish it would be cold in the house but that’s unlikely, still this house is gonna be great!

4) Graveyard Games- I love the idea of walking though a graveyard! Also having the interactive part in line is pretty cool. I think this house could be pretty scary if done right and it’s HHN how could they fail?

5) Ghostbusters- This seems strange to me since it’s not really a horror movie and more of a Halloween comedy. That being said Universal seems excited for this house so I don’t see them failing at it.

6) Strangers Things 2&3- The house surprised me last year. With seasons 2&3 I have hopes for the house. I can’t wait to see some Demedogs!

7) House of a 1000 Corpses- I didn’t really enjoy the movie. Rob Zombie is just weird to me. The only thing I’m looking forward to in this is Captain Spaulding.

8) Killer Klownz from Outer Space- I enjoyed the zone last year but it wasn't really scary since the actors could scary well in the costumes since they were so big. I don’t see how they can fit though the boo holes and scary you. I see another Creatures incident from 2008 (maybe they learned from that but it’s unlikely) and being in Shrek doesn’t help.

9) Depths of Fear- At first I was excited about this but after we learned more about it, I got less excited. Insane crew members just don’t seem scary to me.

10) Us- I enjoyed the movie but I don’t think it can be well revived in a house. My favorite part of the movie was that “you were killing you”, I just don’t see that being possible in a house.

Aw yeah, you know we're getting close when we're able to make this list!
As a preface, I honestly like every single concept this year! Each one has the potential to be a good house, and that is really exciting. Because of that, just like last year this was a hard list to make for me, but here it is!

1. Ghostbusters - A downright iconic IP which I love, and then I heard the two words from A&D which I needed to hear. White Whale. There's a ton of potential for this property, and I think it'll make for a killer house. The leaked picture from inside the house has me excited, and I feel I'm just gonna' be grinning from ear to ear the whole way through this!

2. Graveyard Games - This house sounds wonderfully atmospheric and creepy, which is a kind of house I feel is often overlooked and underrated. It's right up my alley and hearing the various insiders buzzing about this house has me intrigued and excited. Also, earlier this year I did actually take a moonlit trip to a cemetery, which was downright beautiful and eerie, so I'm totally in the mood for something like this. (Though if there's any scene involving trees with birds/owls or ghosts, I will scream my head off. An yes, that is related to my trip to the cemetery.)

3. Universal Monsters - For most of the speculation season, this was firmly my #1 pick until GB and GG came along. I love the UCM, and credit where credit is due, Hollywood's maze looked quite nice. So to have Orlando's A&D team take this on AND put it in the newer parade warehouse which is probably the best big venue other than a soundstage? I think we're in for a treat that is a massive love letter to these classic monsters.

4. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon - Last year, Slaughter Sinema had one of the best finales in the form of Attack of the Swamp Yeti, and that scene gave me a scare so good I fell to the ground and that's never happened before. So with them doing a full-blown Yeti house this year, I feel this is akin to Dead Exposure: Patient Zero where I'm both really excited and really dreading this house. I wasn't ready for Yeti last year, and don't expect things to change this year.

5. Nightingales: Blood Pit - So now I get to experience the Nightingales, in a setting that promises to be claustrophobic and full of carnage. I really like the theme and setup, and I'm quite intrigued to see how nasty this house get's. Especially since this is A&D's playful response to those thinking the event is getting toned down.

6. House of 1000 Corpses - Speaking of houses bound to get nasty, we have HoTC! While it's not to everyone's tastes, I personally got a kick out of the film, and this film is ripe with great settings and twisted characters to use in a house. Hollywood looked to do a nice job with this IP, and I'm pretty excited to experience it here! Also, while it's not a high bar, this could possibly be the best house the MIB tent has had so far.

7. Depths of Fear - A underwater house with crazed miners and nasty sea creatures, there's a lot going for this house and I do hope to see some form of explosive decompression as that is legit terrifying. An while personally I would've liked to hear this is really creature focused (which would've put this higher), I think the crazed and infected miners will still make this a intense house.

8. Stranger Things - Last year, Stranger Things was one of the bigger surprises for me. I had it dead last in my anticipation list, and it ended up impressing me enough to land at my #4. spot! So for this year, I knew I had to put it up higher, especially since I can see some awesome puppet work with both the Demodogs and the fleshy Mind Flayer which is one of the freakiest creatures I've seen in a while. So why is it at #8? Two words. Stacked. Line-up.

9. Killer Klowns from Outer Space - *Dark Horse Pick* Love the movie, loved the scare zone last year, love this is now a house. The only concern I have is this being in the Shrek theater which is one of the smaller venues. (or at least feels like it.) As we all know, those costumes are pretty big n' bulky and they're not the most mobile of characters, so I'm kind of unsure how this is going to be executed. Ultimately, I feel this will still be a fun house, though with my concern it's best keeping this low on the hype list just to be safe. However, I will put this as my *Dark Horse Pick* since if they can really work with the venue and the costumes, this'll be a very enjoyable house. Also, it's the 2nd year in a row where the Shrek theater house is my Dark Horse. Go figure!

10. Us - When it comes to this IP, it does have the characters, settings and a downright killer soundtrack to make for a good house. However with the doppelganger concept, I'm just not sure about the execution of it. Not to mention this house did come in at a later stage than the other houses, so it might not have the same polish and/or be as good as it could be compared to a house with more design/build time. Either way, I'll be hitting this house with a open mind and see what happens.

----

So there's my list. Honestly, I like this line-up more than last years. (An I really liked last year!) There's a nice balance of creatures, tones, settings etc. This is not the line-up of a "off/budget year" by any stretch of the means, this is a line-up that's riding the high of last year and hoping to get us even more hyped for next year. An I can't wait to check it all out in five weeks!

Last edited:
  1. Ghostbusters
  2. House of 1000 Corpses
  3. Universal Monsters
  4. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
  5. Nightingales: Blood Pit
  6. Stranger Things
  7. Graveyard Games
  8. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
  9. Depths of Fear
  10. Us

My bottom three were easy choices. Ghostbusters took my #1 spot mostly due to raised expectations based on what they were able to do with Poltergeist last year.

Last edited:
1. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
2. Universal Classic Monsters
3. Graveyard Games
4. Stranger Things
5. Ghostbusters
6. Us
7. Killers Klown from Outer Space
8. Depths of Fear
9. Nightingales: Bloodpit
10. House of 1000 Corpses

I have this fear of things taller than me. I'm 6'4 and I was a wreck in American Werewolf in London. That definitely explains UCM placement. Graveyard Games' location just says something to me, idk what it is. Stranger Things season 2 and 3 are way better fitted for houses imo, that's why I wasn't too upset missing the first last year.
Beyond those, 5 through 9 are a toss up to me overall. Ho1C, while I think will be a great house, I'm just not sparked by it I guess.

This years line up is everything, though, don't get me mistaken. I'm definitely making an effort to see every house.